“Awesome Class for the Whole Family!!!!”

Taking Better Photos Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Tours in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Richmond, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome Class for the Whole Family!!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just wanted to give you an update on how well my kids did in the Kentucky State Fair after taking your class at the Mountainloft Resort in Gatlinburg. Joshua, 15 years old, had 4 pictures that won Championship level in our county and took red at the KY State Fair. Hannah who is 12 and is the true budding photographer, had 4 pictures also win Championship level in our county and then she took the blue ribbon at the State Fair for her 3-part series on a squirrel. Hannah had spent hours with her tripod in the front yard to get the squirrel pictures :-) She has really enjoyed using the knowledge you shared with her. We are excited to attend another class and tour on our next visit to Gatlinburg!!

Visited April 2012
6 Thank saking9

Amherst, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Frye's”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

While on vaction in the Smokies I attended a free camera class with Jim Eastin at the Wyndham Resort, I learned so much about my camera. I am not a very social person so I asked my husband to come with me to the class because I was kinda shy about going alone. After the class was over he said that he enjoyed the class alot even though he only came to be with me. Thanks Jim. Unfortunatly we were not able to take the tour with Jim this time but we will be giving him a call the next time we are in the Smokies.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Chessie F
Hamilton, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Along for Jim Eastin's "view" of the Smokies”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

While on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN, I attended a short photography class at our resort with Jim Eastin of Taking Better Photos. I learned things about my digital camera that I had only wondered about. The following day, I opted for his tour. What a wonderful day we had. The Great Smoky Mountains are a photographers dream (if you know how to photograph the sites.) With Jim along, you are sure to bring home great pictures to show your friends. Not only does he direct you to interesting places, he gives you tips on getting the best shot. I am looking forward to my next trip and another tour with Jim.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank P J S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The class was relaxed and informative, teaching tips and techniques I've put into practice that have improved my photos rather d”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Dear Jim,

In early June I attended a session of your introductory "Shooting the Camera" class during my vacation at the Windgate Resort near Pigeon Forge, TN. Sadly I was unable to negotiate going on the tour scheduled that week. (Next vacation with my extended family I think I'll push for a little more flexibility in the schedule.) However, I did sign up for the newsletter and have been very glad that I did.

As in your class, so it has been in these few letters so far; I have learned a number of simple but key techniques and suggestions that have made a tremendous difference in my photographs. I rated myself an intermediate photographer before the class, but now, from tips and suggestions you taught in a "beginners'" class, I get more solid, consistent results every time I shoot. I find this to be a far more accurate indicator of my skill level than vague artistic superlatives. I want to thank you very much for what you have so freely and generously given me. I am truly grateful!

5 Thank mariposa228pics
Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Had a good time, Learned new stuff!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had attended a couple of his classes, but this was my first Tour, a nice mix of stories and assignments. Jim is very knowlegeable and an entertaining storyteller.
The presentation is great - a quick refresher through the class, delightful lunch, then off to various stops within the National Park for practical application of the tips and techniques just learned.
A delightful way to spend a day, taking better photos already, and picked up a few historical nuggets as well; brilliant!

Visited September 2012