“Fun and informative”

Taking Better Photos Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Tours in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun and informative”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I enjoyed learning some photography tips and tricks as well as some good local history. A good value and well worth your time!

Visited October 2011
15 Thank Christophermcne

Grandville MI
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour...!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

For YEARS I have wanted to learn to take better pictures, but I have never been able to take any classes. During our "intro to area events" at the condo we we renting, we learned about Jim's Photo Tour and decided to take it. Jim explained the use of the camera in a way you could understand. And now the little ICON's on my camera have a new meaning. After class and a delicious lunch at an Italian Resturant we headed out on our Quiet Mountain Tour in the Smokey Mountains. We were given a CD explaining things along the way. Once inside the park we stopped at different locations and Jim had us practice what we had learned in class as well as explained the history to that particular area. It was truly one of the highlights of my trip. Would definately take another one of Jim's tours the next time visit the area .

16 Thank MarleneFry
Slinger, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Don't Miss This Opportunity!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I totally enjoyed this class. Jim is an excellent teacher and you get so much for the cost. Jim not only taught me a new appreciation for my camera but he also taught me about the Smoky Mountains. My husband was not able to attend the class but I am taking him on the car tour w/Jim in our cd player. Even if you think you are not a photographer you should take this class because you will have a whole new appreciation for your camera skills. LOVED IT!!!

15 Thank KaySutton
Jackson, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Well worth the money - camera instructions, photo ops, and history all in one!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I took this class today with 5 girlfriends and it was just fabulous! We learned a lot about our cameras, how to shoot our cameras, what settings to use, what to see in Smoky Mountain National Park, and surprisingly, a bit of park history. Jim is an excellent teacher, not too much information, little bits at a time so we could absorb it. In addition we got a wonderful CD to play in the car that is a 'Jim' narrated guided tour of the quiet side of the park - this was just great, I'll be doing that car tour again! Thanks Jim - loved it!

15 Thank pstauss
Indianola, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This day with Jim Easton made our trip to the Smoky Mountains complete!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

At the end of a rainy week at Smoky Mountain National Park we were fortunate to have a day with Jim Easton! Following a class on digital photography and a delicious lunch, Jim took us on a tour where we learned to view the whole area differently. He was fun and upbeat and while he told us about the area, history and culture, we were able to hone our newly developed photography skills. It made our vacation, but in addition I can hardly wait to use my new skills on our NEXT vacation!! Thanks, Jim!

18 Thank Nancy B