Review of China 1

China 1
Ranked #141 of 173 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Description: This restaurant is fairly new(3 months)and the website I listed above is the only place I found it online
angiegirl88
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We are local and have wanted to try this but were always hesitant because there are NEVER any cars there. Well we decided to give it a shot one night because there were actually cars in the parking lot and we were really wanting Chinese food. We went in a few minutes before 9 and were told they were open until 10. 85% of the buffet was empty. We got a plate and the first piece of chicken I ate was hard and tasted like it had been out all day long. We decided to stay but the longer we were there the madder I got. The employees kept coming out and getting plates of food for themselves from the already barren buffet. Here we are, paying customers and there was nothing. They actually started breaking down the bar at 9:05!! I was so disgusted I told my husband that I wanted to leave. We went to pay and there was no question asked as to how everything was like you would normally receive. A complete waste of $20. We would have been better off getting eggs rolls from the freezer section at Kroger! We will never go back and will tell everyone we come across to stay away from there.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank angiegirl88

Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a house full of visiting family. Looking for a quick alternative to cooking. The take out was horrible. The dishes lacked flavor, we're extremely greasy, just not a good experience. Two people wound up with upset stomachs. I will never return, nor recommend this establishment to anyone. Probably the worst Chinese food I have ever had.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank joeknows263
Mystic, Connecticut
“Worst Buffet Ever.....Stay Away!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Spent the weekend in Gatlinburg with my best friend....we wanted chinese, and the restaurant in downtown G'burg was very crowded, so we headed to Pigeon Forge to China One. What a disgusting mess of a buffet, (if you want to call it that). It was very small, there were about 10 food bins, and 7 were near empty!!! There were NO spare ribs, string beans, or dim sum which is very common in most chinese buffets. The chicken and broccoli bin was almost empty and what was left in the corner of the bin looked like it had been there for a few hours, (untouched).....the sesame chicken, and honey chicken bins had enough for us to take a serving each, and the rice bin was less than half full. There were no egg rolls until I said something and then the cook came out and literally threw 8 small egg rolls in the bin!!!! When we sat down to eat our measly meal, the rice was cold, the broccoli from the chicken n broccoli was slimy and the honey chicken, well let's just say that when I bit down on one piece there was something in that piece of chicken that definitely should not have been there......to this day I have NO idea what it was, but I will say this.....it was spongy, and then there was something hard in the center.....needless to say, that killed my appetite and possibly my taste for chicken ever again.....My best friend experienced cold food, and just poor selection choices....this place is horrible and our waitress didn't even get our soda order correct......I paid the tab, but now that I think about it, I should NEVER have done that!!! China One will definitely go out of business if they don't pull it together......I am seriously thinking about calling the health dept on them. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT GO TO THIS BUFFET.....unless you want to find a surprise in your chicken!!!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank asmolen143
Jalisco, Mexico
“Mediocre Buffet”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was 6pm Xmas Day and we called ahead to see if they were open and until what time. They said they were serving until 8 and we arrived at 6:30. 75% of the food bins were empty and what was there was not fresh. We were told that we should tell the girl what we wanted and the cooks would make it fresh and that was a very nice touch. However, the cook only made enough for one or two people and there were 8 of us, let alone other patrons. The ordered food did come out quickly and was pretty good but not above average at best. Limited variety, empty trays of food, and a surly waiter that acted like it was a pain to get us anything made this a place we would not return to.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank solara13
Phenix City, Alabama
“Excelent chinese buffet at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I come to Pigeon Forge a couple of times a year and this is one of our favorite places to eat. It's not the largest buffet I've been to, but everything on the menu is fresh and plentiful. We've eaten here 3 times this month and will most likely go back before we go home.
It's on the main street of Pigeon Forge on the left going toward Gatlinburg just before you leave
town. It opens at 11:00 for lunch and is the best time to go.

• Visited December 2013