“The Only Choice In Pigeon Forge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of China 1

China 1
Ranked #141 of 172 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Description: This restaurant is fairly new(3 months)and the website I listed above is the only place I found it online
Vienna, Virginia, USA
“The Only Choice In Pigeon Forge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Firstly let me say I usually don't eat 'Americanized Chinese food'. When dining out, I only go to those 'authentic Chinese food' places. But in Pigeon Forge, there is no such thing as 'authentic Chinese food'. In fact, China 1 was the only Chinese restaurant open in the area. So when I walked into China 1 and found out they mainly offer buffet, my expectation was low. Very low.

Surprisingly, the food was not bad. In fact, some of the dishes tasted better than the Chinese buffet food in my home area (where you can easily find hundreds of Chinese restaurants). It probably doesn't make sense to judge each individual dish of a buffet, therefore I'll just list a few examples: sour and spicy soup, fried rice, fried fish, curry chicken, grilled shrimp... they all tasted quite good. An important fact was that these dishes were neither salty nor greasy, therefore revealed the true flavors of their ingredients. Trust me, this is not common in low-priced Chinese restaurants.

I wish China 1 could provide more vegetables in the offering. But when you are hungry, the food is tasty, you stuff yourself with soup, meat, vegetables, fruits, and ice cream... and the price is right, what else do you expect? There are all kinds of games in Pigeon Forge. I think, as Chinese food goes, this is the only game in Pigeon Forge.

• Visited July 2013

Weirton, West Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped in here on a whim, and were pleasantly surprised to find a gem. The food was delicious, the prices were surprisingly low for a tourist trap location money pit like the Strip, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2013
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey with five in our family it cost $60. However the food was fresh and hot. The quality, variety and taste was good. The only real complaint is the service was lacking... we went without drink refills through half our meal before I finally picked up our glasses and took them to the waitress... they weren't crowded as we went during an off time to avoid crowds and there were only one other family other than ours... other than that a pretty good place to eat

Wisconsin
“Our second time here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We tried the buffet this time and it was delicious. Our Chinese food in our hometown really sucks so it was nice to be able to get decent tasting Chinese food on our trip. Wish we had this place in our area. Prices were decent!

Toledo, OH
“Good Prices, Very Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our family never goes to buffets and we were all hungry for Chinese and this was the only one nearby our cabin that we could find. We were actually quite surprised. It was very clean, the whole staff was very friendly, and all of the food on the buffet I thought was good. The prices were very reasonable...dinner buffet was $8.99 each and the lunch buffet was $6.99. We'd return here if we come back to the area.