“We had an absolutely wonderful time!”
other travelers have booked this property
Shagbark Resort at Waldens Creek Side view of Sunset View
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Shagbark Resort at Waldens Creek
Side view of Sunset View
Parking area in front of Sunset View
Mountain views from front deck
One of the many sunsets from the front of the yard
Sunset
Another great Sunset
This is a view from the front deck as the clouds cover the mountains
Outside front deck overlooking mountains
Clouds moving across mountains
View from front deck
Deck leading to screen hot tub sitting area
Butterfly garden just outside window of chalet
Rear garden patio grilling area
the grilling patio area
creek while driving to chalet entrance
Waterfall
Stream while driving to chalet
One of the many streams in this gated community
Living area with fireplace & T.V with custom decor
Pool table off Living room to enjoy with friends
Open and bright living area with lots of window to see the views
Pool table coverts into table for a nice family dinner
Kitchen with bar sitting all you need to cook any meal
Susan's
Playstation and board games to enjoy
Wild turkey feeding just outside the door
This is me with my pets
Turkeys
Bear
Bear
Enjoy the pool during the summer months
Fall time is here
flowers , flowers, flowers...
Butterfly bush
My wife Susan works hard on her garden
Spring time at Sunset View
Spring Flowers
Winter at Sunset View is breath taking
Winter at Sunset View
Winter
Winter mountain views
Mountains turn silver in the winter
Holiday decor
We decorate for Christmas
Christmas Tree
Spring is coming
View of the national park / One of the most visited in USA
BeCubs
Deer eating along side of road
Bay Window during Fall colors
Flower boxes
baby bear walking in front of deck
Soak Jutted Tub
Hot tub with screened seating
Second bed
Master bedroom with soaking tub jetted to relax after a long hike in the mountains.
back patio
Pool Table off kitchen
Double stainless sinks with dishwasher open to living room.
New queen bed. Room has large  windows to bring in light and views.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tepps1667
Knoxville, Tennessee
“We had an absolutely wonderful time!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Wow, wow, wow!!  I just can't say enough about my experience at Sunset View!  Despite booking it kind of last minute, I had a hassle-free experience dealing with Dave.  He was very helpful and professional.  He was quick to respond to inquires via email and phone.  I booked it for a three night stay in June with my wife and two children (6 and 11).  When we arrived, I don't know which of us was more thrilled!  We were met by an absolutely charming mountain home!  It was just perfect!  It is tastefully decorated, well kept and comfortable.  You can clearly tell the owners, Dave and Susan, take great pride in maintaining it and graciously sharing it with their guests!  The pool table, fire place, hot tub and gas grill were all great amenities, but the little extras like the DVD library, books, video and board games, really let us know that Dave and Susan want there to be something for everyone.  I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in your Pigeon Forge accommodations, but if it's someplace slightly off the beaten path (15-20 minutes to area attractions), with all the comforts of home....and then some, set in beautiful natural surroundings with stunning mountain views, you should really consider giving this place a try!  It's also very reasonably priced compared to similar properties in the area and, in my opinion, a much better value then staying in a hotel.  Never have I looked so forward to a few days off AND had all my expectations met then when my family and I stayed at Sunset View!  Thank you for a great getaway!!  We  can't wait to book with you again!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Can't pinpoint one thing.
Liked least: The community pool was closed for maintenance, the kids were a little bummed.
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
lve2golf
Lynchburg
“Wonderful relaxing vacation!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

David & Susan,
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful mountain home with us! It was everything we hoped for and more! We kept commenting that we could not believe how relaxed we were on this trip, and that we felt like we had been away for a month instead of a week. We hope your chalet will be available for our next trip to Tennessee. We loved waking up every morning by the gobbling of the four turkeys that decided we needed an alarm clock from nature, what a delight to share the morning with them videotaping them "talking" to us! Thank you again it was a wonderful trip!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautifully decorated and cleanliness
Liked least: Vacation was only for a week!
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 15, 2012
Susan and I were thinking of removing the alarm clock and just let our turkeys wake us up. We are so happy you enjoyed our home.
East_coas...
Bristow, VA
“Lovely Christmas Holiday”
Reviewed January 11, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

As recent empty nesters, my husband and I decided to spend Christmas differently this year. Sunset View was just what we needed. The owners made it very easy to book and communication was simple and effective. We arrived at night and the home is fairly remote, so its important to follow the directions provided, but we also found it necessary to stop and ask. After that we found it with no problem, but the road is gravel, and very steep- so a bit of caution may be needed there. What a treat to have the Christmas lights to greet us! We were so pleased that, as all the other reviewes noted, the chalet is very clean. This is not a little cabin- it is a real home, and we felt right at home. The kitchen is fully equipped and all you need to bring is your food and toiletries. We had such a nice Christmas day by the fireplace. We highly recommend Sunset View.

Liked best: Clean and comfortable
Liked least: Nothing- everything was great and a very good value
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
People with pets
Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Oct 9, 2011
Yes Susan & I also have the best sleep. We think it may be the mattress or something to do with the aura of being in our mountain chalet. We are working on the hill but when you see the chalet at the paved drive its worth it.

We both are so happy you had a great time:)
Dave & Susan
Iris40001
Illinois
“Beautiful, Relaxing...Felt like home!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My husband and two kids (10 and 13) stood here from Aug. 12- Aug.20. Upon opening the door we felt at home. It was clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The community pool was (small) but clean. This is a gated community and the security here were VERY nice and helpful.

I look forward to having another opportunity to stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything; the hot tub, location, space etc
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
People with pets
Aug 23, 2011
Thank you so much because Susan and I love to make our guest feel like they have all the comforts of home.
Norwalk CT
Reviewed January 30, 2011 for a stay in April 2010

FL
Reviewed January 30, 2011 for a stay in November 2010
person found this review helpful

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing