“Excellent food”

Thirsty Miner
Ranked #146 of 182 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Excellent food. We were disappointed that there was no buffet due to the lack of people. However the entrée meals, appetizers we ordered were surprisingly good. We tried their breakfast the next morning and again not disappointed in the least. Very good breakfast. The service was mediocre both times we were there and had different severs. I highly recommend breakfast or dinner or both!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked here as a last minute trip for the winter break for my seven year old son and niece. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Smokey Mountain Resort, and although they do not have a water park, I will only stay there when we are in Gatlinburg from now on. At Wilderness, the rooms are nice and clean. The water park has been fun as well. However, guest service here is so bad my husband and I are laughing right now because you really can't believe it! Last night we decided to dine on site at their Thirsty Miner restaurant (buffet). Kids eat free and adults are $18.99 so we felt like $50.00 for the four of us would be a decent meal. MISTAKE. The food looked like it had been sitting for hours without being freshened and tasted even worse. The salad bar was out of ranch dressing and I asked an employee if she could replace it. She told me "in a minute" and was clearly upset that I had made this request. After waiting almost five minutes, a waiter came by and said he would do it because she was in the back and wasn't going to. We barely ate, but no one liked any of it and were very disappointed. We did not complain and wrote it off as a bad idea.

1  Thank kraymond1
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Ate dinner on Valentine's Day here. For three people, it was $67 for the buffet, which was nothing but typical mediocre buffet food (which was probably comparable to buffet food at Golden Corral or Ryan's). We waited close to 10 minutes for a server to even come take our drink order and so we could ask for just the price of the buffet. We ended up being glad that we ate the buffet as most people we saw order off the menu had to wait close to 45 minutes for entrees as simple as grilled cheese or pizza. After this experience, we chose to frequent Food City rather than experience this again.

1  Thank stagesandlights
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Decent variety, ridiculous price, average to fair quality. The sweet tea was great and they quickly responded to my request for the ice cream cones to be replenished.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We have visited The Thirsty Miner for 3 straight years for Christmas breakfast while staying at the wilderness and always super impressed. Not only is the food delicious and fresh but the staff is very attentive and friendly!