“Amazing food and excellent service. Our new fav restaurant.”

The Pottery House Cafe and Grille
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the highest quality steaks, fresh seafood, gourmet salads and more, The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille is the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two under the stars or lunch with friends in the contemporary dining room. Located in the former home of potter Doug Ferguson, the relaxed atmosphere is a peaceful change from the hectic pace of Pigeon Forge.Begin your meal with piping-hot bread made from grains stone ground at our historic Old Mill and served on platters handcrafted by skilled artisans next door at our Pigeon River Pottery. Handmade cakes, pies, cheesecake and pastries provide a perfect ending to an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This has to be one of the best restaurant's I've ever been to, honestly. The food is excellent, the service is good, and the ambience is great, and they are well priced! My husband and I came here several times for lunch/dinner during our stay in Pigeon Forge. We just had to keep coming back. Would like to give a small shout out to Wendy (excellent and friendly waitress who also gave us dessert on the house for coming back to eat so often). We tried the steak and chicken philly cheesesteaks, porkchop with pecans, old mill club and soup combo, loaded chips, chocolate and carrot cake slices, old mill chopped steak and a bacon and blue chopped steak. Everything delicious. I wish we had a restaurant like this near home.

PS outside sitting is smoke free- what a great bonus and relief!!

There are newer reviews for The Pottery House Cafe and Grille

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I've eaten here several times (I am a local), and I will continue to go back for a very long time! The food is spectacular, the service is exceptional, and the way this business runs is impressive. They make their own plates and bowls in their pottery store next door, where you can buy the plates and any other dishware you can think of. They grow their own grains for their bread which they bake at the restaurant, and you can tell the difference between this and restaurants that just buy their bread. The food is out of this world. If I had to recommend anything, it would be everything. The prices are great. I would tell anyone who is visiting Pigeon Forge or just passing through to stop by this restaurant.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch at this place. The kids meal cheeseburgers were a good size, I think around a quarter pound with fries and a drink for a good price, around $5-6. My kids didn't leave hungry like with some kids meals. My hubby and I got the fried catfish, cole slaw and steak fries lunch. It was very good. I liked the cucumber sauce but not for fish, would be better with crackers as an appetizer. I love it that they make their own plates in the village, even the sinks in the bathroom are stoneware, very cool. If you are artsy, you'll love this restaurant and you'll love the village, we saw a potter throwing on his wheel, the kids loved it and had lots of questions. The service here was good and the view from all sides were nice, flowers everywhere and just a very, very quaint, relaxing place to eat. Also, very affordable at lunch. My plate filled me up and it was around $8-9. Very good and a good experience. The kids burgers were very good, I sneaked a bite, ha! I would recommend this place to anyone, way cheaper than the Old Mill Restaurant, I'd say, half the price. We saved a bundle by eating at the cafe instead and we left very full.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

I own a cabin in Gatlinburg and I am in town about four times a year. We go to the mill to eat as our default each time we are here.

You will not find a better value for the food and price.

I recommend the jalapeno corn pudding.

My wife likes to eat quiche and says that it is good.

All of their bread is homemade and delicious, which is why I usually get a sandwich.

My parents really like their pies.

I have always had very good service.

There is also an ice cream shop and a candy store located next door for dessert after the meal.

This is not a gourmet restaurant, but everyone in your party will be able to find something that they will enjoy on the menu.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to give this place a try for dinner, and I'm so glad we did!!! We arrived 30 minutes before closing, but we were warmly greeted as seated right away. The server took his time making recommendations. We had the strawberry spinach salad (a must) with the bacon and blue steak which was awesome!! My mom enjoyed the fried green tomato BLT which she said was one of the best sandwiches she has ever tried. If your in the area give this place a try you won't be sorry.