“Never Disappointed”

The Pottery House Cafe and Grille
Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the highest quality steaks, fresh seafood, gourmet salads and more, The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille is the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two under the stars or lunch with friends in the contemporary dining room. Located in the former home of potter Doug Ferguson, the relaxed atmosphere is a peaceful change from the hectic pace of Pigeon Forge.Begin your meal with piping-hot bread made from grains stone ground at our historic Old Mill and served on platters handcrafted by skilled artisans next door at our Pigeon River Pottery. Handmade cakes, pies, cheesecake and pastries provide a perfect ending to an unforgettable dining experience.
New Jersey
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Once again my family and I had the perfect meal. I always have the chicken rueben and lemonade pie. The rueben is made with shedded breast, homemade slaw and their baked bread. Perfection. My daughter had the potato soup in their bread bowl. She cannot wait to have it again. They make their own bread there and it is amazing. We bought sour dough bread to go and it was so good. You can buy coconut cream and lemonade pies to go. Best place for lunch.

Orlando, Florida
“Awesome food and great prices!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited the Old Mill Cafe and Grille on our anniversary. We had been wanting to go to the Old Mill Restaurant but its always packed. We mentioned it to a local and he said to try the Old Mill Grille, right across the street from it and we are so glad we did! The food was great, we didn't have to wait in line, the seating in the back was absolutely beautiful and our two 2-year old grandchildren were able to sit and eat without us worrying about spills. The staff was very attentive and fast. The food was excellent. Big portions at a great price. I had the salmon with some kind of dill sauce that was delicious! We had so much food that if we wouldn't have know we would have skip the appetizers. And the boys enjoyed their chicken fingers with fruit too. We had an awesome anniversary dinner and the ambiance just made it complete. Know that we know, we will surely go back again when we are in town.

• Visited October 2013
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“You Don't Want To Miss This One!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A couple weeks ago my wife and I went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for three nights/four days. The next day I ask the clerk at the front desk of the condos where the locals eat. She said, "well, I like to eat down the block at The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille". Now, I was not too impressed as we had eaten there years ago a little while after it had first opened and didn't think it was very good and figured we would never go back. Well, that night we went to a steak house, which was good, however, the next night we just couldn't figure out where we wanted to have dinner. We looked and searched the computer for a great place that was different and just never found anything. Then my wife said...why don't we just go down to the Old Mill Cafe and give it another try. By the way it's just across the street from the famous "Old Mill Restaurant".

WOW...boy was I happy we did that. When we arrived around 6pm they were very busy, however, we only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Let me just say that the meal was fantastic, mainly have great soups and with an outstanding salad and great homemade bread (which they really make there) cozy atmosphere and very enjoyable. We even took desserts to the condo for later. The next day, we where out riding around and decided that we want to go back and try the lunch. Not at all disappointed! Also, the waitress was very nice and efficient!
My wife had fish, salad and tea and I had broccoli and cheddar quiche with a house salad. Both meals were more than enough to fill your tummy.

We most definitely will put this down as our favorite next time we go to Pigeon Forge.

1 Thank Frank F
LaFayette, Georgia
“Wonderful Meal! Wonderful Price!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

On our most recent trip to Pigeon Forge we had been shopping all day and had pretty much lost track of time when we realized that we had not yet had supper. Having previously eaten at The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe, and having loved it, we decided to make a return visit. When we arrived we realized that we were there only 20 minutes or so before closing time. Recognizing that this can, in some cases, put a strain on the staff I asked if they were still seating. They said they were, and so we decided to stay. My wife ordered the BLT with Fried Green Tomatoes (her personal favorite dish at this restaurant), and I ordered the Open Face Roast Beef Sandwich (deciding to try something new). Both meals were amazing. The Open Face Roast Beef Sandwich, in particular, is enormous, and the quality of the dish is second to none. Our waitress was amazing. Even though we arrived near closing time the service was still top notch. At no time were we made to feel as though they were ready for us to leave. The wonderful food, and the top notch staff, make this restaurant a "must eat" location on any trip to Pigeon Forge.

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Great food and staff”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a great meal on a busy Sunday evening. The food was delicious and complimented by the great staff. Will definitely return and recommend to friends and family.