“A Vacation Tradition ”

Pigeon Forge Gem Mine
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

It’s a unique statement I’m sure but it’s not a true trip to Pigeon Forge, TN if I don’t visit the Gem Mine. I’ve loved rocks & gemstones since I was a child so I’ve always enjoyed looking around this store in order to obtain at least one interesting souvenir. They have an amazing collection of different stones for sell and the mining feature is neat as well. As an adult I haven’t mined in a long time but when I did as a kid I recall enjoying it a lot. One interesting thing is how if you do find a nice stone while mining you can have it polished, cut, and made into jewelry though admittedly finding a stone that’s a good enough quality for that is likely uncommon. It’s an attraction for all ages and will surely entertain the kids as well as the kid in you.

2  Thank TempusSpiritus
in 31 reviews
"emeralds"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2018

I enjpyed the assortment of stones, etc and particularily the mueseum portion of this shop. Very interesting!

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank beaverdam303
Mark I, Manager at Pigeon Forge Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

beaverdam303,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy to hear you
enjoyed your visit with us!

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Kids had a great time panning for the amazing stones..It is a must for kids and adults alike!! we well be visiting again

1  Thank Kimberly J
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I have been bringing young ones here for years. always delights young and old. mining for the hidden treasure.
now the next generation. grandkids... watching the smiles is fun

1  Thank LoveTravel218253
Mark I, Manager at Pigeon Forge Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

LoveTravel218253,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you all had a great time!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2018

The cheapest bucket is $35, but the girls found many more gems than in other places we've been. The gems and minerals are all buried in buckets of sand. You're given a hand shovel to scoop the sand into wire-mesh-bottom boxes, then swish in the water to rinse away the sand, leaving the "goodies" behind. Afterwards, you go inside and sit down at a small counter and have your "goodies" identified. Our Tri-Gem Bucket yielded many rubies, emeralds, sapphires, topaz, and more! Inside a smorgasbord of gems and minerals can be found for sale.

1  Thank littleone1118

littleone1118,

Thanks for the review! We're thrilled you all had such a great time! It also sounds like you had a very lucrative bucket! We hope to have you back next time!