“ALL AGES CAN HAVE FUN”

64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“ALL AGES CAN HAVE FUN”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter and I came here on a late night out instead of having dinner. She remembered doing this about 15 years ago with her grandfather who is now passed. She couldn't have had more fun or enjoyed herself more. She laughed and talked about grandpa (my dad) and how much fun it had been then and now. We and I do mean we had a wonderful time. She cant wait to go back again. She got the $50 dollar bucket and the gems and stones thast she mined were great. She also got an arrow head about 4 inches long. She was in hog heaven. Thanks for a wonderful night even if we ended up with no dinner.

Merritt Island, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“It was ok, great time killer”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My 11 year old son had fun mining for Gems. We bought the $50 bucket to take up a little more time. My husband and son were handed the bucket and the guy walked away without any instruction or anything. My son and husband had to figure it out for themselves, not a problem but still put me off a bit. When they were finished again no instruction or a single word from the guy working. We decided to head into the store where a lady quickly sorted the stones with no real explanation of what they were and asked what we wanted cut and mounted. We politely declined and left. While it was fun to mine the gems the lack of any explanation didn't make me 100% happy. It wasn't even busy that's the funny thing.

Valdese, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place for kids!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My son absolutely had a blast here!! We got the $25 fossil and gem bucket and he found all kinds of stones as well as shark teeth, arrowheads and other cool fossils. The people working here were all friendly and helpful! The people that identify your stones are knowledgable and not pushy at all to have stones polished or cut. Definitely will come back again!!!

1 Thank CoopDawgMom
Missouri
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Kids were thrilled!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My kids like collecting rocks and gems, so they really enjoyed this. We bought the $25 bucket containing gems and fossils. They shared and were each happy with their finds. The staff here was very kind and helpful. We enjoyed having our treasures identified and there was no pressure to have anything cut/polished. I found a $3 coupon online, which was honored off my smartphone.

Lombard, Illinois, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Kids love this”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the second gem mining experience for us. The Dells is much more $$$ and much less personal- We spent $15 and got quite a good amount of gems. The man that sold us the bucket was very nice and actually helped my 4 year old daughter get some great stones. The bathrooms were very clean too.