“Great place for kids!”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place for kids!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took our 7 yr old daughter to this gem mining place. We all had fun! We got the 25.00 bucket was surprised at all the large finds in the bucket! My daughter would have bought the largest bucket if it was up to her! After mining your bucket you go inside and they identify them for you and give you options on cutting them. We decided not to get any cut as any that we wanted to be cut were 50.00+ for a 1 ct cut... some were only 15.00 a cut.

Visited August 2013

Shenandoah Valley Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Family Fun”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place looked like in could be somewhere that tries to get you in for a little and then costs a lot. But, actually, for $15 my family had a great time panning for gems. My only regret is that I wished I had bought the $25 bucket that included fossils. The lady inside the shop was very nice and identified all the stones and gems for my daughter who too home a bag full of memories and leaned a little bit about minerals. The panning took about 30 minutes or so, and then the identification and looking around the shop a little more time, so plan for at least an hour. They are not pushy at all, which was nice.

Visited August 2013
Forest, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Low-key fun with a reward!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My fiance and I decided to visit the Mine Gem late one night to see what we could find - not only was the man who worked the mine extremely friendly and helpful, but we found some amazing gems! You truly get your money back in gems and stones. Even though it's something I've done maybe 5 times in Pigeon Forge, I would do it again!

Visited October 2012
“Great for families”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Was impressed with this activity in pigeon forge. Very affordable with buckets starting around fifteen bucks and going all the way up to a thousand.Go at your own pace and very kid friendly. Inside you can have your treasures sorted and ask questions. If you desire you can have stones cut and made into jewelry. The gift area was nice bit museum could def use revamping. I would have been interested in learning more about the stones. Overall very entertaining for the money and would do again.

Visited July 2013
tennessee
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our 6 year old loved the mine. He found all kinds of things to do and see there. It was just great for kids his age.

Visited July 2013