“Great Place!!!!”

Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge
Ranked #58 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Great Place!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is an awesome place to stay at, the kids loved it. There is a pool and hot tub inside as well as a pool outside, and the prices are very reasonable. The people are absolutely wonderful there and they will help you with everything, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you saw, we are in the midst of building a brand-new indoor pool complex that you will like, and we still aim, as always, to couple our high quality service with great deals.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hallway carpet was nasty. There was stains on the wall where something had been spilled/sprayed on it. The box springs had stains, thankfully the mattress had a cover and we didn't dare open it. The cover to the air conditioning would not close so the vent filter etc was exposed. Every time the air came on it made a clicking nose and woke me up. We were close to the ice machine so we heard it very loudly all night. Then in the morning, there was lots of noise. Not sure what was going on. There was mold around the tub and on the shower curtain. You can only get a few channels on the tv. It was disappointing because the outside and when you enter seems like it would be a nice place. It's not taken care of at all.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honestworkerbee
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay. We do take great care in keeping our facility in the best possible shape; we wish to preserve the renovations that were made for as long as possible. We can assure you that we constantly shampoo the carpets every chance we are able; for a facility that is run 24/7 and has an extremely high occupancy rate, we are limited as to the times when we are able to shampoo all of our carpets (in the hallways and rooms), but take the opportunity every chance we get. Please also know that if there is ANY problem with your room, you can notify us and we will have housekeeping or maintenance correct the problem as soon as possible. Please consider visiting us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and was given a room. Upon entering the room my wife saw right away that the shampoo was half empty. We just took a bathroom break, went back out and was able to get some shampoo from the same lady that checked us in. She was very courteous. We went to eat and do some other stuff, came in around 9:00pm, gave the kids a bath and turned down their bed and found quite a few hairs on the sheets and pillows. We called the front desk to get our sheets changed and before they got there we flipped the pillows over and there was something black all over one. So at that point I called the desk at around 10:00pm or so and requested a refund. We were able to check out with a refund and the same lady checked us out. Best part of the experience was the front desk for us. Only reason had. Lower service rating was because the room wasn't clean. Don't think I would stay here again. It made for a Long late night drive home. Oh, it is in a great location though.

• Stayed August 2013
I am so sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. If you were to navigate through our reviews on here, you will find the VAST majority experienced our normal policies of high standards of cleanliness. Everything you described falls way below our standards and are utterly unacceptable. As we do not know who you are, we don't know if you informed the front desk, but if the head of housekeeping was notified, please be assured she would ensure that this did NOT happen again. We take pride in our excellent and hospitable cleaning staff, and hope you will consider us again in the future.
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Pay the extra money and go somewhere else! Carpet in room is nasty. Very limited tv channels. They say they have wireless internet but it will not work anywhere in the building. Pool area is in desperate need of a major upgrade....asap! Our family will choose another location at our next visit. Very disappointed with our stay. :(

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank tbkbbbcb
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Actually, we don't know how you missed the huge construction site that's covering the entire length of one side of the hotel. It's our upcoming huge indoor pool complex, so we are in the middle of renovating the pool area, right now. :)
We have never had internet down in the entire hotel. I am writing this review from my wireless connection. Also, we have just upgraded our Internet to a system that's exponentially higher in capacity to run with ease. We anticipate no issues with wireless in the rooms whatsoever. We encourage you to come back when the pools are completed.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was an older building being renovated and it was very clean and staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. My room for myself and two grandkids was spacious, clean ad updated, hover it was over the lobby too, so it wasn't very attractive to look at, nor was it clean, just concrete with things people thru on it.

1 Thank totalwellness1
Thank you for your comments. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Tip for next booking: Request a top floor mountain view, parkway view of your choice. We are almost always able to grant special requests on rooms, especially if you call ahead earlier.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spirit of the Smokies has great rooms, staff, and location. My family won't stay any where else. Great deals on rooms and housekeeping is most kind and trustworthy. Very pleased with management and other staff! Keep up the good work Spirit of the Smokies ;)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank kirstiemink
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the value that we offer. We look forward to your return visit!
atlanta,ga
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you get nothing else from this review, let me share how you work the shower:

Step 1) Have a shower cap ready!

Step 2) Do not look for a lever or switch. There is not one.

Step 3) Sit on the edge of the tub. Use one hand to pull down the circular part of the faucet. Use your other hand to switch on the water.

Step 4) The water will come streaming out and you will be grateful you had on the shower cap.

Now you know!

Ok the review-

I just returned from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for my family reunion. I have never been to the area and was quite surprised how busy it was. This is a combination of Orlando with a touch (very small touch) of Vegas due to some of the wacky entertainment centers and shows.

This hotel sits on the main strip near Dollywood. It's one of many condo hotels. It appears they have done some renovations but I still say more updates are needed.

Our room was spacious. We slept in a queen room with kitchen and no Jacuzzi. We also had a sleeper sofa which we did not use. Overall a very spacious room. We only had one flat screen which was fine. Based on the layout of this room, a second tv would have been a waste. There is no wall dividing the living area, kitchen and bed. Just imagine on big super room with everything together.

What's good here?
Location! Right across the street from Wood Fire Grill. They catered our meals for the reunion. There is no room service here or any type of on premise food service. Wood Fire is truly a few steps away. Just across from the parking lot is Cracker Barrel and directly across the street is another chain restaurant. Just cannot remember the name! (Now the name comes to me. It's Ruby Tuesday!).

Staff-I was not part of the family reunion committee but the hotel staff appeared to be very accommodating to our chairperson. We had a nice big room for our group.

Game room for kids or adult kids but the games seem a little outdated.

Safety and Sleeping-

I felt very safe here and we had no problems with the cleanliness of the room and our bed was comfortable even though it was a queen. Hubby wanted a king but they were sold out.

Room for improvement-

The hallways show their age a little but otherwise clean. Same for the elevator. Like some previous reviews..thin walls! I've stayed in many hotels and I was a little surprised how much I could hear from other occupants but not much can be done to improve unless they tear down the whole thing and start over.

I also agree with another reviewer-thin towels. Usually not a big deal for me but still it was a little disappointing.

Kitchen-At least in our room, it appeared someone took most of the cups and glasses. Not that we really needed them but for making our own coffee, there was only 1 cup in the cupboard and just on glass.

Internet-Almost non existent. I don't think this hotel has there own wireless access. I was able to get a signal but I believe it was from a near by business.

Iron and Ironing board-The iron works but you get a pint size ironing board.

No workout room-2 pools though. Indoor and outdoor.

Bottom line-

I've stayed in better hotels but that has been for business. In fact, I would tell someone if you travel to this area for business, this probably is not the hotel for you. There are many other hotels like Hampton Inn, Holiday inn and others that are more accommodating.

This is a good hotel if you are on a budget or you need kitchen amenities. I would recommend you bring all of your toiletries. No cute samples of lotions or shampoos here. I never travel with towels but if I stay here again, I would bring my own.

Because of my previous travels, I would elect to stay at one of the more well known hotels for overall ambiance and basics like towels and internet service.

I saw other groups there for their family reunion so I guess it cannot be all that bad.

Thanks for reading!

1 Thank melnatl
Thank you for your very detailed comments. We were very happy to host your family reunion, and glad that you appeared to enjoy your stay. The shower can be accessed while the water is running out of the faucet (like any normal shower). As stated, you just need to pull the lip down on the faucet when you're ready to turn the shower on.