“cclc”

Ranked #55 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lima, Ohio
“cclc”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

the room was beautiful!! the staff was wonderful.i would recommend this place.the food next door was very good,alot of choices.the staff was also friendly.we received a coupon to eat breakfast at smith family theater.2 all you could eat for $5.what a bargain!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments! We are very proud of our staff, from front desk to housekeeping, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the Wood Grill Buffet next door as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this room based on advertised rate over a holiday weekend. This was a basic room with small fridge and microwave. Beds and pillows were pretty horrible but it got us thru the night. Good location. Would not recommend buffet next door. We did not get a chance to see the pool area. So basically was worth $89 for the night compared to other hotels we had priced.

• Stayed September 2012
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We're glad to hear that you appreciated our value, though sorry to hear you did not care for the beds or the buffet next door. We understand as mattresses fare, one cannot please everyone. We have a firm, pillow-top mattress that most enjoy. Over the weekend, actually, we had someone ask for the manufacturer because they enjoyed it so much, and I can also add that I bought one for my home as well.
The buffet is one of the busiest restaurants and largest buffets in the country, but even more so with cuisine, "à chacun son goût," no? Though our hallways in the buffet are lined with voluntary raves scrawled out on comment cards, we understand we cannot please everyone's palate.
Again, thank you so much for your comments, and we are gad to hear you enjoyed the value of your stay.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

this was a very affordable hotel and the staff is extremly friendly. The rooms are very clean and real nice. It is a great location right in the middle of pigeon forge so you can't go wrong there. One thing I did not like about this hotel and something that was a disappointment was the pool area. There is a pool outside and inside and a hot tub. The hot tub wasn't working corectly and the pool outside was extremly dirty, so dirty you wouldn't even swim in it. I do think there was a storm recently but it seems like someone would have cleaned the dirt and debris out of the pool considering it was about 7 in the evening and I know it hadn't stormed that day. Over all besides the pool it was a great experience for us. If your looking for value and comfort this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize fro your negative experience in the pool area, and assure you that the head of maintenance has been notified immediately to confirm and ensure we are always constantly maintaining the pools. In the meantime, we are working on the new design and layout of our new pool/waterpark area whose construction we are eagerly anticipating in less than a year!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We rented two rooms: one queen, fireplace, kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, coffee pot, dishes but no oven. We were spending two days at Dollywood and the location was perfect. Since we stayed with a package deal I really don't know what the price was that we paid, but the advertised price on the outside billboard was under $40.00!!! Breakfast was not included but you could get a coupon at the front desk for the Western Sizzlin Buffet right off their parking lot. The dinner buffet was $11 and breakfast was $5.99. And...what a buffet..it was amazing with lots of choices and varieties. As for the hotel, it was clean and the staff wonderful. The rooms were spacious and had everything you could want. The only negative was that everything from the elevators, carpets, bedspreads, etc were showing wear. But...at this price, what a bargain! I would recommend it to anybody that wants a good deal. We had two rooms for the five of us and have no complaints.

Room Tip: I always check out my prospective hotels, rooms and vacation places on trip advisor before I go anyw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments!
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Enjoyed the King jacuzzi room. Jacuzzi tub was spacious and relaxing. Bed was comfortable. Only issue I experienced was hearing water move through pipes during and after running the water for the jacuzzi tub. Thankfully it ended before I went to sleep. Staff was friendly. Thought it was a neat idea to have an arcade and pool table in the building. Did not visit pool. Appreciate the coupons for the Wood Grill Buffet. Good location to Dollywood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbrogan
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments.
Boaz, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here during the 4th of july and we had a wonderful time. Very clean, staff was great and the complimentary tickets to the Tennessee Shindig was awesome! We went 3 times we liked it so much! The only thing I would suggest is the get some lounge chairs for the pool area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank April D
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments; we're glad you enjoyed your stay!
matthews
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We decided to drive to Pigeon Forge from Cherokee last minute instead of ending our vacation. So, I was looking for inexpensive and clean. I thought I might have to search for awhile, but the flashing sign in front of the hotel caught my attention. Went inside to see about checking in and was surprised at the rates and size of the room/amenities. The first room I was given smelled terribly of fish and the carpet was wet. We immediately went back down to the front desk where the clerk apologized and said that carpet had just been cleaned and we shouldn't have been given that room. The next room was much better. Fireplace, flat screen, full kitchen, comfy bed, couch. 2 nights for $112 with tax. I was happy with it. We didn't use the pools as we were there to see the sights, so I couldn't comment on that. The towels were thin and had stains, but I travel with my own towels. I never saw any bugs which I was very happy about because I have stayed at a Disney resort that had roaches. We took advantage of the discount for the buffet next door and enjoyed that as well. Could have been a bit cleaner as far as dust and little things. My only complaint is that the walls are thin and we had a loud, obnoxious family next to us that were loud past 12:00 and again early in the morning, so we didn't sleep very well. I don't know if it's so much the fault of the hotel, or if that family was particularly rude. We would stay here again. Very close to most attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lori C
Thank you for your comments. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.