“Worst place ever. Bad customer service. Bad everything. Save your money.”

Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding, Petting Zoo, Fishing Pond, Gem Mining, ATV Rides, onsite Chow-Boys Cafe & General Store Free picnic area Heritage museum. peace/guitet swings around the duck pond playing area kids ,Horse shoes pit.or just rocking on the General store porch.And surrounded by little cove creek to wade in.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst place ever. Bad customer service. Bad everything. Save your money.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We waited forever for everything. So many people. Such rude and incompetent staff that confused us and wouldn't give us a direct answer on anything. There wasn't any direction on when and where to go. No signs. And the wait was horrendous. The horses were nice but the sceanery was all the same. Hills. And trees. Nothing different or new. Not worth the 30.00 they charged. I won't be taking my family back.

4 Thank huggingangle62
rebeccaogle43, Manager at Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
YOU MUST BE CONFUSED. This is the best place around bar none please read on and see the excellent reviews, We can not make everyone happy and with over 1500 riders in 7 days we try 100%to do our best with hundreds of people telling us the is the best riding stables that they have ever road at its hard to believe this review.When people come in we try so hard first to make sure the children are safe and well informed,thats our #1 concern sorry you were not thrown on a horse as fast as you wanted but making sure 300 people are safe in one day is our main concern.

Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family fun”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Last minute stop to just look around and maybe ride horses next trip to Smokies. We were so impressed we stayed and rode anyway. Great trail, wonderful guide. Our children loved it as first time riders. Thank you we enjoyed this special memory!

1 Thank HappyE331
Shawnee, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The horses were very calm and knew the trail, making it a very nice first ride for my 7 year old daughter.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Our trail guide was a good ole boy who had a great sense of humor. My youngest had never ridden before, and he made her feel very comfortable. The petting zoo was small but the kids really liked it. We had a yummy slice of pizza from their diner afterwards.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank HeaherC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've never seen anyone so rudely treated at this establishment”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

On top of waiting over two hours (after they said no more than an hour) I saw a customer confronted by the cashier. The cashier DEMANDED an apology from this woman. A paying customer who was in line in front of me. The woman told her she was swearing at her in line and accused the woman of saying things that she certainly did not (she did not say anything from what I heard at my place right behind the group) . I was in such awe that this cashier came out and followed this customer to the stables to treat her so rudely. I wish I had seen this before my family bought these over priced tickets. The place did not explain all they had to offer and gave us the basic horse ride for the price of a ride and all the food, horse food, and water. Overall the worst experience I've seen with customer service. GO TO A BETTER PLACE IN PIGEON FORGE THAN THIS!

1 Thank KAGAROOblueMOO
rebeccaogle43, Manager at Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
You must have been part of this group we had over 330 people on site this day and everyone said this guest needed to have been asked to leave the ranch. She had absolutely made the biggest and loudest insults to our staff,and made the guests very upset ,.We ride family everyday that love our ranch,and it hurts ther feeling to see one guest and there group be so mean to our staff that works so hard.Our staff are not here to be yelled at and belittled because someones having a bad day.We thank our guest and without them we have no work,We are sorry that happened because it made the staff and our guest very upset,
Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I rode a horse up a mountain!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It had been several years since I had rode a horse, so when my friends suggested that we ride up the mountain on horseback I was a little sceptical but so glad I agreed. Love the ranch and the people and this was one of my favorite parts of our vacation.

Visited March 2013