“Horse Back Riding in the Smokey Mountains”

Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding, Petting Zoo, Fishing Pond, Gem Mining, ATV Rides, onsite Chow-Boys Cafe & General Store Free picnic area Heritage museum. peace/guitet swings around the duck pond playing area kids ,Horse shoes pit.or just rocking on the General store porch.And surrounded by little cove creek to wade in.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I had a great experience riding horses at the Big Rock Dude Ranch. The horses were very tame. My daughter was very nervous riding into the mountains, but after the experience, she could tell that the horses had done the trails several times before and that she had nothing to worry about. We had 12 horses in our group, and all of them walked in a nice single file line and none of them got out of control. They were all well trained.

2  Thank Jeff O
"hour ride"
in 12 reviews
"great ride"
in 18 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 60 reviews
in 28 reviews

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our 2nd time at Big Rock Dude Ranch. Each visit everyone has been so nice and helpful! Our daughter loves the horses and the trail, my son and husband rode the ATV's and had a ball riding the trails. I just sit by the pond and enjoy the ducks and other animals. I think they have lots of choices to pick from. They gave us a discount because we have been there before, plus they with help with the ticket price by giving you the best package for what you want to do and how many are doing what.

3  Thank candy b
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Called to discuss the advertised "no weight limit". Person who answered the phone was very rude. She picked up and yelled "Ranch". Before I could start speaking she yelled "Hello". Was told that they could not accommodate 315lbs. She did start offer other services but I think I will be going elsewhere based on the way she answered the phone.

4  Thank slsbeachgirl
rebeccaogle43, Manager at Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We have several phone lines, when they answer the phone at the barn they say stables and it seems that two people answered the phone at the same time [its really loud at the barn and they to have to talk a liitle loud.] our representatives work very hard to assist our callers and apologize that you were not given better service

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to Big Rock Dude Ranch because of a family member's referrel and an ad we saw and we were very happy. The place is nice, the people are sweet and down-to-earth, very complacent, lots of patience and friendly. One of the young riders is terrified of horses and they tried everything possible to make her ride enjoyable. When she decided not to get on, they did not give me a hard time and allowed her to pick out a western hat in exchange for not riding, and the hat was more expensive than the ride. They had a great deal/bundle which allowed me to use my coupon and get little extras, too. They horses were great. They know what to do, which may be boring for some, but great for first-timers. The route was tranquil and beautiful. Too cold but you can't mess with mother nature! Would we go again? YES! Thank you so much guys for giving us more memories for our Christmas vacation. Happy New Year :)

4  Thank margaret d
See more reviews
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I took my 6yr. old grand daughter on her first horse ride while on my husband's family christmas trip. They were great with us from the front door, tickets,discounted ride, mining for gems included in with ride, very informative about the how,what,when, and where. Great personality with all the children and adults that i seen or heard. We had a ball..it was something we had looked forward to for 2yrs since our last trip..and will be included from now on...she had a great experience and so did her nanny pop!

2  Thank karen h