“Excellent ride.”

Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding, Petting Zoo, Fishing Pond, Gem Mining, ATV Rides, onsite Chow-Boys Cafe & General Store Free picnic area Heritage museum. peace/guitet swings around the duck pond playing area kids ,Horse shoes pit.or just rocking on the General store porch.And surrounded by little cove creek to wade in.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent ride.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

my wife and I came up from Alabama to meet some other family members in gatlinburg for a long weekend visit. Her uncle and I are both avid riders, and were looking for somewhere we could get out and ride a trail. The gentleman at the counter was friendly and very accommodating. The place was very clean(difficult for a horse ranch), and the horses were well groomed and well mannered. Being a much larger man, i was appreciative of the fact they had several large horses able to carry me safely. The trail was wide and well marked, and the guide was chatty and pleasant, even joking with the group. I would definitely come back here again.

The only caveat I had was the extra fee for the "big boy horse". I had called ahead and asked about heavyweight riders and there was no mention of an extra fee. Otherwise a great ride up the side of a mountain in some beautiful countryside.

Visited November 2012

southeast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful family outing!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

we were a bit nervous going here after reading some of the reviews but we were very pleasantly surprised and had a great time! 12 of us from ages 6 to 70 and from light weight to over 200 lbs. were able to enjoy the horseback riding experience. the young man at the check in counter was very pleasant and accomodating. we got there just as several large groups were checking in and he handled us all professionally and politely. the safety video wasn't working and the lady in charge of that could have been a little nicer but that didn't ruin our experience. the trail guides were very nice and and happy to help us and answer any questions. my kids did the gem mining and got a kick out of that. we would go here again!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tracy F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nasty”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wanted to go horse back riding but all the crazy paper work scared my wife. We ended up on the ATV ride wife was not comfortable with the ATV wanted to go back the nasty guide said nope let's keep going she went abit more wanted to go back he said no. So we spent a whole hour by the pond doing nothing for 138 dollars

2 Thank liredneck
ponytennessee, Manager at Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We did check with the guide, he told us that you insisted on riding .And that your wife was the one wanting to stop and get off and this is guided so the guide was forced to say at a real slow pace. When the guide is put between a conflict its hard to make that call when husband and wife are in a disagreement . We do our best to make sure everyone is safe and we feel we did everything to try and please you and your wife
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I have a large group.. but im changing my mind...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

was thinking about bringing a bus load of people..but after all these bad reviews.. they might just lose a lot of money.. i have been here on my owe 2 years ago..but no horse was avaiable..

3 Thank businessman367
Avon, Indiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“we only went to gem mine”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

wish we could have actually dug in the dirt, but it was still neat panning our 3lb bag of sand and finding some neat gems. they have a lot of other things to do there also. we only gem mined,b/c it was our busy day.

Visited September 2012