“This PARK IS CLOSED...It is Now FUNSPOT”

Smoky Mountain Speedpark
Reviewed June 29, 2012

It is no longer the speed park. New owners renamed it FUN SPOT. It has a lot of carnival rides for young children, a new go-cart track, zip line, and 2 thrill rides for the adults.

4  Thank Tnsweet G

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We went to ride Go-Karts and got two rides for $12. The track is relatively boring, but I was with a group and we were more interested in racing each other, so we were okay with that. Unfortunately, the karts were not at all equal, so the racing wasn't that great.

The people were friendly and they easily gave us 5 minutes; in fact, I would say it was closer to 10 minutes. That being said, there was no line at the time, so I wouldn't count on this.

Overall, not a complete waste of money, but I'd try out another track next time.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

This place is awesome and tons of fun for teens and adults! I originally visited this place about five years ago and my experience then stuck out so much that I went back this month. Do not waste your time going to the other locations, like "the track" etc. The four rides here are awesome and you will not leave unhappy or disappointed. It is amazing that this place does not come up on things to do in pigeon forge!

1  Thank pookyjen11
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I was disappointed in the quality of the videos produced by Smoky Mountain Speedpark. Also, the prices are outrageous. In my opinion, I spent way too much, for a few minutes of fun. I spent $105 to do all 4 major attraction rides. I did the bunjee jump, swing, sky scraper, and the sling shot. Really, I have done the sling shot many times before. Actually, I rode it at 2 Different places and it was a much smoother ride. In my opinion, they should replace this ride. My favorite ride in the whole world is the sling shot because it gives you a major rush. But this ride at Smoky Mountain Speedpark is old and gives you a headache from banging your head around. The main reason for me buying all 4 attractions was to ride the sling shot and I was really disappointed. I even paid for another rider, which was $15, and if I would have known the ride was old and needed to be replaced, I wouldn't have rode it or wanted and paid for someone to ride with me. I wanted them to enjoy the experience and it sucked. The prices were $55 for ALL 4 Attractions, $15 for another rider on the sling shot, $15 for another rider on the skyscraper, and $20 for a DVD. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if the sling shot would have been replaced. Seriously, I've rode the Sling Shot in two different places in Orlando, FL and had a blast. This sling shot Sucks!!! The ride is much smoother on newer versions. This one is old and decrepit!!! Beware.

2  Thank cosmogurl069
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We didnt know about the Smoky Mountain Speedpark, like most other things we had already planned out pre-trip... so this was more of a spur of the moment adventure.
Driving through Pigeon Forge we could NOT keep our eyes off this EXTREMELY tall, fun looking thrill ride at one of these little go-cart places... Which happened to be this Speedpark.
We got out to examine what we learned to be called "The Skyscraper" and IMMEDIATELY decided we wanted to do it.
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!
I havent had a rush like that in a LONG TIME and ive been on just about EVERY amusement park/ carnival ride you can think of.

After the ride, and catching our breath, and FINALLY having our heart rates drop back down to normal, we noticed another EXTREMELY awesome looking ride, which we learned was called the "Slingshot"
JUST AS CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!

I DEFINITELY reccommend BOTH of these for ANYONE looking for some EXTREME entertainment!!! (And they even have cameras on you during the ride, so we got BOTH ride DVDs for only $15!)

The only reason I didnt give this 5 stars was for the price... $30 EACH per person is VERY STEEP, and had we not had coupons, I dont believe we would have been able to do them... SO MAKE SURE AND LOOK FOR COUPONS!!!!!