“Honesty, Integrity, Extraordinary Commitment to Customer Service”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Orange Park, Florida
“Honesty, Integrity, Extraordinary Commitment to Customer Service”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I did not stay at the Clarion, but after my experience with Clarion staff and management, I plan to as soon as I can get back to Pigeon Forge.

I made a reservation at the Clarion based on the stellar reviews on tripadvisor. Because one of my daughters had to cancel her trip with us, I tried to change my reservation from two rooms to one. Somehow, I fouled up the change and ended up cancelling the reservation. I immediately tried make a new reservation, but the online system said the hotel was sold out for the weekend. So, I made a reservation at another Choice hotel in Pigeon Forge.

We drove to Pigeon Forge and spent the weekend in the other Choice hotel. I won't mention its name, but the hotel's condition was bad enough that I felt ashamed to make my family stay there. Dead bugs, furniture and lampshades badly torn and stained, balcony door that did not lock, an elevator that was dirtier than a horse barn, and an overall interior appearance that suggested management's disdain for their guests.

Despite the condition of this other hotel, we had a great time in PF and Gatlinburg and the National Park.

When we returned to Florida from Pigeon Forge, I checked my voicemail. There were several messages from the Clarion, Pigeon Forge telling me that they were holding my reserved rooms. As I mentioned earlier, I inadvertently cancelled my reservation, so I had no reservation- or so I thought. I called the Clarion for an explanation. I explained to the desk attendant that I had cancelled my reservation and gave her the cancellation number. She checked it out, and I had in fact cancelled. But, she said, I had as second reservation that was not cancelled. I went back and checked my email, and lo and behold, there were two reservation confirmations and only one cancellation.
Oops. I had reserved two more rooms, and didn't cancel them. Rightly so, the Clarion billed me for the rooms. The desk attendant was unable to take any action on my behalf, and asked that I call back the following day and talk to a manager. I instead wrote a short note and faxed it to the Clarion and went to work.

When I got home from work, I had a couple more messages in my voice mail from the manager of the Clarion (whose name I don't have handy at the moment) I called him back. He was very sympathetic and considerate. He said he understood how the mistake was made and took the charges off my credit card. Then he encouraged me to bring the family back to Pigeon Forge and stay at his hotel and suggested that I call him personally to book my next reservation. He then gave my his personal cell phone number and told me to call it and he would handle any future reservation we might need.

I know. Long story. But this is, in this day and age, an extraordinary example of decency and fairness. I've never believed in "the customer is always right" philosophy. The customer is often wrong. But the business is not always right either. This is a case where the customer was wrong, but the business just did the right thing.

Since I've never been there, I cannot attest to the hotel's condition or comment on the day-to-day performance of its staff, but if honesty, integrity, and decency are important to you, then you should patronize this hotel. I plan to in June.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
TimTallent, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you very much.

I just did what was right. We pride ourselves in placing the guest first.

No more needed to be said......see you the next time you are in or around Pigeon Forge, TN. Stop and see us when you can and next time we'll roll the red carpet out to you.

Tim and the Clarion Crew......knows how to serve you.

P.S. Please book early and thank you again to TripAdvisor and all and everyone else too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 5, 2011

When we stayed at the Clarion of Pigeon Forge TN. It was wonderful, the rooms was very clean the staff was great. Every morning we woke to a full continental breakfast and the food was incredible. To add, I loved the IPads found in the lobby of the hotel. These allowed you to get on the web for no charge at all. These IPads were unique for all ages and they included dozens of apps. There was also 2 swimming pools that are there for your convinence. To improve the situation you had a great 100' water slide and the pools were a perfect 72 degrees Staying at the Clarion I found myself in the center of tons of Great Smoky Mountain attractons such as: The Track, Dollywood, Dollywood's Splash Country, and Mel's Diner. We will stay in the near future.
Jeff, Rita, and Aaron Justice

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much......When we make an entire family happy, we are very happy. Makes us feel we covered all the bases.

We will soon and thank you very much.

Tim and the Outstanding in Their Field .....Clarion Crew, serving you.

P.S. Don't forget to book early.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This is my 3rd stay at the Clarion Inn, and it keeps getting better. The breakfast is the main reason why I stay here. Made to order omelets and waffles, french toast, potatoes, BACON, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit and more. It's better than a Golden Corral or Ryans. The rooms are great. I really like how the watercloset is separated from the bathroom. It helps when there are multiple people that need to get ready in the morning.

On weekends, there is an Elvis tribute artist that is outstanding. They also serve cookies, popcorn, donuts and lemonade in the evening. That's awesome. Oh, and you have to try the massage chairs. They are fantastic. When I arrived at the hotel, the room wasn't quite ready, and Tim, the hotel manager and coowner, set me up on the massage chairs. That was the best way to spend 20 minutes that didn't involve eating.

The staff is great, always ready to greet you with a smile. I've had a couple of winkles in past visits, but all was worked out and fixed. My hats off to Tim and the staff at the Clarion. They will always be my first choice for stays in Pigeon Forge. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank You, Thank You and Thank You.......It's funny how time changes things and the way they are.

From Tim and The Clarion Clarion, we wish the very, very for yours and you.

Thank you to everyone and TripAdvisor and all of our guests.

P. S. Remember to book early and call us direct to get a better rate during the weekdays. :-)
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My family and I stopped in for a night before leaving town because of the good reviews we had heard through word of mouth and I am so glad we did. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Also, not only was the room clean but the whole hotel was kept up very nicely. I wish we had stayed longer and I could have had more time to enjoy all the different things to do in the hotel. I will have to plan a day just for the hotel next time I plan a trip to Pigeon Forge!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you ......Thank you......Thank you !!!!!!!!!! To all our guests and TripAdvisor too :-) .....

Next time when you get a chance, to stay longer don't forget to catch a ride on the carriage of Hertiage Carriage Ride, try the I-Pads in the Grand Lobby, the 100' lazy river, the free, second to none award winning free breakfast so highly acclaimed over and over again, the massage chairs in the game room, the 25,000 fitness room, sit under a $250,000 canopy on our comfortable wooden gliding benches and chairs. The amenities present here are almost to many to list

Value...Value...Value.....Sought by many....but mostly only found at Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge, TN, Dollywood Area......It is chocked full, busting at the seams ....anyone can get a room anywhere in Pigeon Forge....here a experience that will provide memories for many years to come...Come and have the time of your life with me and my staff as your personal guides.

Thank you to TripAdvisor and everyone who helped to #1 status and winning the coveted, pretigious 2011 Traveler's Choice Award.

P.S. Remember to book early and duing the week for a better rate if you would like at your convienence.

Tim and The Clarion Crew.......Here to Serve You Again and Again and Again.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Wonderful hotel. Very clean and staff is very helpful. Breakfast that is provided is GREAT! We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank Cindy12345_11
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank You so much for your comments and we always look forward to serving you. We apologize for any delay in our response to you...
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Tim Tallent ,the general manager, made sure your stay was the best and he even was cleaning tables in the breakfast area to make sure everyone had a clean table to eat the free breakfast. At breakfast they had one person making waffles and omelets they was really good.The rooms was the best and cleanest i have seen, my wife and i was just blown away at the size of the room and how cleaneverything was.You got a safe in your room plus refregerator and microwave.WE loved the massage chairs and the exercise room,top of the line equipment. This by far our favorite place to stay now, thanks a bunch for your hospility, Tim alot of hotels could learn alot from you and your staff ,This one place we will be back to stay.

Anniston, Alabama
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We reserved a room with 2 double beds. Most comfortable mattress ever in a hotel! Plenty of room to put all of our suitcases and stuff. upscale decor in the bathroom area. flat screen TV. Full hot breakfast with made-to-order omelets, waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, etc. Indoor pool, hot tub and outdoor pool, hot tub and fire pit - all open til at least 10 p.m. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Met the manager at breakfast and had a nice talk with him. So impressed that we immediately booked rooms for a stay in Oct. for a business trip. Check out the Clarion website to find specials on rates for this new hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple