“VERY PLEASANT STAY”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed in this hotel a two nights in March, 2014. We based our decision on where to stay by customer reviews and ratings on tripadvisor. And--we were not disappointed. We plan to stay there again our next trip to that area. They had one of the nicest breakfast bars that we had seen in a long time. RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: HVAC unit was not noisy at all; room was on 3rd floor and was also very quiet; excellent location.
1  Thank cjsr
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of our hotel. We hope to se you again when the weather is warmer so you can enjoy our water slide and lazy river.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,440)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

So I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my day but I was just wowed by the folks over at the Clarion Inn. Aside form the hotel being extremely clean the staff were fantastic. I was checked in in under 2 minutes but during that time the hotel clerk was very friendly and explained all they had to offer at the hotel. The thing that blew our minds was the pool there stays open until 2am. I have never stayed anywhere with that late of a pool hours, even at condos. Needless to say we took advantage of that ofter dinner and relaxing. They have a large outdoor hot tub next to a gas fire pit and sitting area. Also outside is a small lazy river and a large circular waterslide. Inside they had a heated pool with a basketball goal and another hot tub area. At 7pm - 8pm they have a snack area with cookies and popcorn snacks which was a great addition. In the morning they has a full breakfast bar that will save you a ton on going out. On the bar was biscuits, gravy, sausage links, bacon, french toast, eggs, doughnuts, waffle maker, and all the other usual breakfast items. Also they had someone cooking fresh small omelets and a coffee dispenser that had cappuccino and a delicious blueberry crumble coffee. The space for eating breakfast is limited so they had some tables also in the lobby and another meeting room to go to. That's when I found the free massage chair in the game room next to a fully equipped exercise room. The massage chair is one of those $3000 chairs from Brookstone and it was awesome. If you want a real massage the hotel has in house spa staff that can come to your room for everything from a wax to a massage and the prices were very reasonable. Also in the lobby was a beautiful parrot that is an advertisement to go to a tropical bird zoo but it was awesome to see it just chilling in a large glass case in the lobby.
The room was fantastic! Very large with tall queen beds that slept great. You had your fridge and micromave, etc, all with marble table tops and a nice LCD TV. The room was as nice as some of the $250+ a night place I've stayed at but we got in for under a hundred on a Saturday night. And did I mention clean... Everything in the room and hotel was really clean. You don't get much of a view unless you're on the top floor facing the main road but it was nice that there was a balcony. You are at the back of the Waldens shopping plaza which is a short walk across the parking lot and has a cool arcade, movie theater, several restaurants, mini golf, and shops. They sell event tickets at the hotel but the prices were about the same as if you used the coupons that are literally everywhere you walk in town. They do save you $2 off the movies if you were wanting to kick back.

My wife and I walked away from this hotel still talking about how great it was days later. It's rated number one on here for a reason.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main road are the odd number rooms like 201. Get one of those on a high floor f...
4  Thank cashirlin
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear cashirlin, All of us here at the Clarion Inn are so glad we could WOW you! We certainly are glad when we are able to take care of you and make you feel comfortable. Thank you for giving us that opportunity and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We read the online reviews & this place far exceeded the reviews. Friendly, kind, accommodating,safe place for the whole family. We will definantly come back. Very clean, up to date carpet, bedding, tile in bathroom. Hotel is off the beaten path so you don't hear anything traffic noise. Pool extremely clean and has accommodations for handicap individuals. The weight room was awesome. Great place to relax & and rest up for more shopping. Breakfast had a huge variety of every type of food you and your family could ask for. The staff was so very kind, thoughtful, sincere, and treated us like family.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jennifer D

Dear Jennifer, We are all so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit here at the Clarion Inn, your new home away from home. We have what I consider the best and friendliest staff available in the area, they all work very hard to make sure you have the best vacation possible. I hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel exceeds my ideas. The room was a great size, with the fridge/microwave/etc in the entry way. The bathroom had a separate area for the toilet, which is always good. It's immaculately clean, too.

The indoor pool area is great, and the hotel offers snacks in the evening. Loved the giant breakfast in the morning--even the pickiest could find something!

My only complaint was that, since the hotel offers free massage chairs, there should be more than one or a time limit. I didn't get to use it after a long day of walking through the mountains because a teenager had taken up what appeared to be permanent residence.

It's a wonderful hotel with a great price, overall. Loved the "but tickets here" for a discount, too.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank BabeinWoods

Thank you so much for the nice review! We do have what I consider to be the best owners I have ever worked for, they put quite a bit of thought into the design of the hotel trying to anticipate anything you may need or want while away from home. All of us here at the Clarion Inn thank you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife, our 16 month-old son, and myself had an absolutely awesome time here! Everything was clean, modern, and inviting. The staff was some of the best we've ever encountered, even the omlette cook(I wish I could remember her name) who came to our rescue to clean up after our son threw up his breakfast!
The indoor pool was great. The indoor hot tub was clean. Our room was spotless. The breakfast was exceptional for a hotel. To top it off, the meet-and-greet cookies and popcorn made us even bigger fans. We just can't say enough good about this place!
Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Wesley, I hope your son is feeling better, Mary Ann is the girl that was making omelets that day and I will pass along your thanks for the help. Thank you for the great review and I hope to see you again when the weather is warmer so you can enjoy the outdoor activities we have.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in my life, top of the line and budget. Since I found TripAdvisor, I always use their ratings and reviews to make decisions on where to stay and eat. I have to say, TripAdvisor's rating of #1 for this hotel was right on the money.

Clarion Inn is conveniently located and visible from the parkway. As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted by the smiling check-in staff. Check-in was quick and Javier explained where everything in the hotel was located. Meet and greet was from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM and the kids got free popcorn and cookies. Directly across from the elevator doors were tables with ice cold lemonade (pink and yellow), water, and coffee. Fitness room, massage chairs, indoor/outdoor pool, and wi-fi were free for guests as well.

When we got to our fourth-floor room, we had another very pleasant surprise: this was absolutely the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in! The housekeeping staff at Clarion obviously takes great pride in their work. I also loved the fact that when my hands were full, all we had to do was wave the key card in front of the door handle to unlock the door. So much more convenient than having to shuffle things from one hand to the other to try and open the door.

The next morning, after stuffing ourselves at a breakfast offering everything anyone could ever think to ask for, we got another nice surprise. Clarion has teamed up with some of the local attractions and provides discounts for guests when they order tickets from the hotel. My daughter has wanted to go to the Titanic Museum attraction since it opened. She pointed out a flyer in the elevator after breakfast and when we checked out I went ahead and asked about the deal. Ivan, set everything up and saved our family about $20 on Titanic tickets. Oh, and did I mention it was one of the least expensive hotels we've stayed at as well.

Out of all the hotels in Pigeon Forge I have stayed in the majority of them at least once. I never stayed in one I liked enough to stay a second time though. Until now. Clarion Inn will be our family's home away from home in Pigeon Forge from now on!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Heather, Thank you for making the Clarion Inn your new home away from home. I know you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince, so just consider us your prince in Pigeon Forge! I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Clarion Inn! The beds were so comfy! It's right on the parkway near all the attractions. This place has a great indoor pool and hot tub. The continental breakfast was top notch. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Only thing that needed improvement was the Wi-fi. Other than that I loved my stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamie R
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Jamie, We are vey pleased that your overall experience was good. I am sorry you had trouble with the Wi-Fi, in the future just let us know of any problems and we will do our best to make everything as perfect for you as possible. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to seeing you on future visits to Pigeon Forge.