“Our stay was perfect as usual”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
NC
“Our stay was perfect as usual”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We checked in last Saturday and checked out Wednesday morning. Our room was really clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast every morning at the breakfast buffet. It was really good with a large selection. The pool area was clean and the water was really warm. This is the 6th time we have stayed here and we will be back in the summer.I really appreciate the help from the front desk in finding me a doctor on Sunday.

1 Thank bwh0069

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed January 2, 2014

From check in to check out we had nothing but the best service. While checking in I told the lady some of the things we had planned for our trip. She hooked me up with some coupons as well as suggestions for other things to do. The room was very clean and we had a nice view of the mountains. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great beautiful and we loved Ian the manager he was the best . Rooms were very very very nice clean / great beds so comfortable !!!!!!! Would stay here always, really nice location and great towels love the shower hose breakfast was great ,,,,,,, nice balcony everything needed was in the room we would stay again in a heartbeat

• Stayed December 2013
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review! I only hope you can stay with us longer next time you visit the beautiful Smoky Mountains
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were here on Friday night December 6. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor so I had high expectations. I was not disappointed. The hotel was very clean. Our room was very clean and quiet. I was amazed how quiet especially with the ice machine across the hall (it was behind a glass door). We had a king size with a balcony view. The pool and hot tubs looked nice. I went to use them and there were very busy. There was a group of kids on a bus trip staying there also. Breakfast was good. It was a busy place with the kids but we got omelets and there was no wait and they were delicious. They had extra tables set up for the crowd so finding a place to eat was easy. Walking distance to Calhoun's and No Way Jose's Mexican. No complaints here - I will stay here again.

1 Thank iamsusied
Dothan
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Room and Hotel were clean. Good location with restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Negatives: I highly advise that you get to breakfast early. Pure chaos if you sleep in late and try to grab breakfast after 9AM. I was a little upset when I was checking in and a walk-in couple that had no reservations was given a rate less than what I had booked in advance online. Over all a very nice place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been going to Pigeon Forge for over 20 years and staying. Normaly we stay with a choice hotel had never stayed here till eariler in the year. I seen it was close to Dollywood. Once we get there my wife fell in love with this hotel. Now we only stay here. Everything here is great. Have now stayed 3 different times. Nothing but great things to say.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joel C
Thank you for selecting Clarion Inn Pigeon Forge your go to place to stay in the Great Smoky Mountains. We certainly do appreciate you making us your "Home away from Home" and hope to see you again very soon.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I read the MANY positive reviews of this property before making a reservation. You could say what I read influenced my first impression, and you would be right: I went in with very HIGH expectations.
We love the Choice Hotel chain and this is DEFINITELY one of our new favorite locations. We were visiting on a quick Christmas overnight getaway with our children and wanted to be near Christmas Place. This location was fantastic. In spite of being so close to all of the hub-bub of Winterfest in Pigeon Forge, the hotel area was not overrun and loud. When we were ready to rest, we retired to a quiet and restful room.
The check-in clerk was very friendly. The room was lovely, clean, and spacious. We arrived just past the "Meet and Greet" snacks and reception in the lobby (from 7-8 p.m.), but lemonade and coffee were kindly offered. Our children enjoyed a late night swim in the pool and Hubby enjoyed the water basketball goal. I was grateful for the offering of loaner books in the lobby and am working on convincing my husband that we need to go BACK so I can finish reading the other half of that novel. :-)
Breakfast was grand! There were omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, biscuits and all the essentials, and the fresh fruit cups were such a pleasant surprise! Every staff member I encountered greeted me warmly and everything was very neat and accessible.
I'm not sure why it was there, but the step stool behind the door in our room was PERFECT for our smaller children to use to wash hands/brush teeth in the bathroom. I always find myself dragging an armchair into the bathroom for them to stand on to access the sink. They thought this step stool was in the room just to make things easier and safer for them, and I let them believe that to be true.
We'll certainly plan to stay at this location on future visits to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. You've won our hearts and our business!