“Clean - Great Service - Wonderful Place to Stay!!!!”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were here on Friday night December 6. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor so I had high expectations. I was not disappointed. The hotel was very clean. Our room was very clean and quiet. I was amazed how quiet especially with the ice machine across the hall (it was behind a glass door). We had a king size with a balcony view. The pool and hot tubs looked nice. I went to use them and there were very busy. There was a group of kids on a bus trip staying there also. Breakfast was good. It was a busy place with the kids but we got omelets and there was no wait and they were delicious. They had extra tables set up for the crowd so finding a place to eat was easy. Walking distance to Calhoun's and No Way Jose's Mexican. No complaints here - I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iamsusied

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Room and Hotel were clean. Good location with restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Negatives: I highly advise that you get to breakfast early. Pure chaos if you sleep in late and try to grab breakfast after 9AM. I was a little upset when I was checking in and a walk-in couple that had no reservations was given a rate less than what I had booked in advance online. Over all a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been going to Pigeon Forge for over 20 years and staying. Normaly we stay with a choice hotel had never stayed here till eariler in the year. I seen it was close to Dollywood. Once we get there my wife fell in love with this hotel. Now we only stay here. Everything here is great. Have now stayed 3 different times. Nothing but great things to say.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joel C
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for selecting Clarion Inn Pigeon Forge your go to place to stay in the Great Smoky Mountains. We certainly do appreciate you making us your "Home away from Home" and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I read the MANY positive reviews of this property before making a reservation. You could say what I read influenced my first impression, and you would be right: I went in with very HIGH expectations.
We love the Choice Hotel chain and this is DEFINITELY one of our new favorite locations. We were visiting on a quick Christmas overnight getaway with our children and wanted to be near Christmas Place. This location was fantastic. In spite of being so close to all of the hub-bub of Winterfest in Pigeon Forge, the hotel area was not overrun and loud. When we were ready to rest, we retired to a quiet and restful room.
The check-in clerk was very friendly. The room was lovely, clean, and spacious. We arrived just past the "Meet and Greet" snacks and reception in the lobby (from 7-8 p.m.), but lemonade and coffee were kindly offered. Our children enjoyed a late night swim in the pool and Hubby enjoyed the water basketball goal. I was grateful for the offering of loaner books in the lobby and am working on convincing my husband that we need to go BACK so I can finish reading the other half of that novel. :-)
Breakfast was grand! There were omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, biscuits and all the essentials, and the fresh fruit cups were such a pleasant surprise! Every staff member I encountered greeted me warmly and everything was very neat and accessible.
I'm not sure why it was there, but the step stool behind the door in our room was PERFECT for our smaller children to use to wash hands/brush teeth in the bathroom. I always find myself dragging an armchair into the bathroom for them to stand on to access the sink. They thought this step stool was in the room just to make things easier and safer for them, and I let them believe that to be true.
We'll certainly plan to stay at this location on future visits to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. You've won our hearts and our business!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice room, excellent bathroom, clean building, good rate, friendly people, great location, and decent breakfast. Not much more to say. We will stay there again. Give them a shot next time you are in town.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Sitting at work and thinking of our special Clarion Hotel in Pigeon Forge. We are heading back this coming saturday for our 1st. anniversary. When we stayed for our honeymoon we decided the Clarion is where we would go every year for our special day. Looking forward to seeing Scott and his staff and enjoying all that is offered at the best hotel in East Tenn. Folks if you are looking for a treat, look no further than the Clarion.

Room Tip: I am sure all of the rooms are great but we like the backside rooms, wonderful to awake and see the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Congratulations on your One Year Anniversary and our staff looks forward to serving you here at the Hotel where it all began. We will always look forward to our returning guests coming back to their Home away from Home. There is always something special about celebrating an anniversary, birthday, or special occasion in a place where the memories were created. We hope that this stay and every stay will be better then the last!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here December 2012 for the first time and just knew from that experience, this was the place to stay this year on our celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived on Nov. 30th (for a 5 night stay) and was greeted with a smile and welcome from Ian. I told him we were staying there for our second stay to celebrate our anniversary. At the time (we arrived early), a room was not ready for us and he told us he would have one ready by 2:00. So we drove around for a while and came back a little after 2 and he said he had a room ready for us. What a surprise when we opened the door and there laying on the counter was a paper saying "Happy Anniversary from the Clarion Staff" along with 2 tickets to the movie theater. That really brought a smile to both of us. Thank you so much!
The room was very clean and neat with all the necessities for a comfortable stay. We always stay at least 5 nights and we always had everything in the room that we needed. The cleaning staff was very kind as we often met them every morning as we prepared to leave for the day.
Each morning of our stay, we went down to the dining area for a breakfast fit for a king. I can honestly say that the breakfast is better than I have had at some restaurants. All of the staff in the breakfast area also were very friendly and helpful. One morning while enjoying our breakfast, the General Manager, Scott Ellis, came into the dining area and welcomed us to the Clarion. This is not the first time in meeting Scott. He is a super guy with a love for people and he really has something to be proud of with the facility and his staff.
If you want to be pampered by the best people in the hospitality business, then you have got to give this place a try. Believe me, you will not be disappointed! We will see you all again next December!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deane L
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments as our staff works very hard together to make your stay a good one. The Clarion Inn ownership is very prideful of all their staff and what they have here. They always look forward to serving you and all the staff takes pride in their work. I have been privileged and honored to work with this staff and our owners for these past 4 years. This holiday season will be a reflective one as I am grateful to have met the many customers we have from all walks of life and to have had the honor to work with such great folks that are here at the Clarion Inn Pigeon Forge!