“Great Place to Stay!”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay. It's very quiet at night for relaxing after a long day of area activities. Wake up to a complimentary breakfast that's just as good, if not better than any other hotel that we've stayed at. Rooms are a great size, bedding is very comfortable, wi-fi and cable computer connection, refrigerator, and microwave in the rooms. Kids loved the indoor pool (too cold for outdoor while we were there). The fire pit / lounge area outside is great too. Stay there! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We (two single adults, three married couples plus three small children) chose to stay at the Clarion in Pigeon Forge, TN to escape the storm damage and power outages in our area (Huntsville, AL). First, the room layouts were great, the bedroom and bathrooms were extremely clean, the ceilings were high (6th floor) and the beds were very comfortable. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our stay. The general manager spoke with us all multiple times during our trip and seemed genuinely interested in our feedback and/or needs. The rates are very reasonable for or the area and for such a spacious room. I would recommend this hotel for its staff alone, however the hotel, and complimentary breakfast, are worthy of equal praise. To the manager and support staff, I do truly want to say thank you for making what could have been a horrible situation a most pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly for the best rates
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! The Clarion Inn staff wants every guest to feel like family when they stay with us. Hospitality, service, affordability, and of course a clean room are extremely important to you and us.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

This hotel was wonderful, the staf super helpful and by far the best hotel we stayed in on our trip around that area.

Room was clean, Breakfast was exceptional and the front desk ladies were lovely.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

We appreciate your kind words while taking the time to write a review for our future guests. The Clarion Inn staff feel that every one of our guests deserve courteous and hospitable service. We want our guests to say, WOW after experiencing any one of our many amenities such as the massage chairs or the full hot breakfast. Next time you are in the Pigeon Forge area please stay with us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We recently drove up from Huntsville, AL to get away from the power outage left behind by the recent storms. The hotel is brand new and very clean. The breakfast was awesome, and my 7 year old loved the gravy and biscuits every morning. Although my wife and I would have enjoyed some more fresh fruit, they did have oranges one morning. The water slide, heated pools, and hot tubs were great. My oldest son loved the slam dunk basketball goal and football toss game poolside. They also have a lazy river and fountain play area outdoors, but it was a little chilly for that. My only complaint about the pool is that the poolside towels are tiny. Overall, it was a good value and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The manager, Scott, asked us every day if there was anything he could do to improve our stay. Location is very close to Dollywood.

Room Tip: Skip the slightly bigger room and save $10/night.
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Nice and new hotel. Indoor and outdoor pool with slide and small lazy river. Good stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

We appreciate your compliments! The Clarion Inn staff takes steps to ensure that each guest is delighted with his or her stay from our very clean rooms, to the full hot breakfast and of course the fabulous indoor and outdoor pool areas. We want your room to appear as nice and new as it did for the very first guest who stayed in it. We also agree that honesty and integrity are key ingrediants to providing excellent customer service. Thank you again for adding your comments for the Clarion Inn.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We found the hotel online when we decided to take a mini-vacation to Pigeon Forge. The hotel was such a find! The beds were superb, the rooms were very clean (actually the hotel was very, very clean!) breakfast was great, and the prices were excellent - especially during a very busy tourism time for the city. But above all, the staff was amazing. Traveling with 3 small children and 1 disabled parent is always a challenge, but they made us feel extra welcome. The kids were friends with the manager by the time we left - and he even gave them each a little bear to remember their stay. But by far (at least for me) was the honesty of the staff. In bathing the children my irreplaceable ring that I had inherited from my Grandmother slipped off my finger. I honestly thought it was gone forever, which crushed me. But, when I got home I received a phone call, and it was the front desk of the Clarion. The cleaning staff had found my ring and turned it in to the front desk, who promptly contacted us. They shipped the ring right back to me and I couldn't be happier! Thank you to the cleaning crew, the front desk staff and the manager - we will be back every single time we visit Pigeon Forge - for sure!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have to admit, I have never stayed in a Clarion. I always envisioned them as a budget hotel, but this place was fantastic. New, clean, and the people were great. Our kids loved the lazy river and the water slide. The location is great, right in the center of it all, but easy to get in and out of. The breakfast is by far the best I have had at a hotel in a long time. Stay here when you are in the area!