“Good motel”

Ranked #80 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Tuscaloosa
“Good motel”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The motel was in a good location and the room was very nice. Does allow pets and the personal was very friendly and attentive. The linens were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel as a elevator to the second floor. Pet owners are assigned to second floor rooms.

Room Tip: Second floor room for traveler with pets. Elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ghipf, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are thrilled that you and your best friend enjoyed our hotel. After all aren't your pets a valuable member of your family so we are pleased to offer pet friendly lodging. Thank you for your honest words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have just recently stayed there and I would not recomend this to anyone. The breakfast was not full and hot as advertised, the rooms were stale smelling and you can tell they were trying to mask the odor with air freshener. The staff was even worse, I asked for m room to be done and when I came back after a long day out nothing was done at all. They went in and took all of my old towels and they never replaced them. If it would have been around 1 or 2 in the afternoon I can understand but this was around 8pm. When I went ot the front desk to ask for fresh I was told your room was done and they couldn't get me more. After a long go around with the woman who claimed to be the owner she finally went and got me some towels. She then told me I was lying to her and she had better not find extra towels in my room or she was charging me. The next day I went into my room to find the housekeeper in there going through my things. Needless to say I told her to get out and I wasn't going to need anymore service from her. After checking when she left I was missing my pain medication. I confronted the desk clerk about it and was told again I was lying this was an older lady who said she was the frnt desk manager (No way in Hell). I will be contacting their corporate on this matter as well. They need to be in a different line of work customer service is not in their vocabulary. Do not stay here whatever you do....

2 Thank ed b
ghipf, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 26, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the dissatisfaction that you experienced in respect to your recent stay.

At GuestHouse Int’l Inn Pigeon Forge Tn., we take great pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were disappointed with the services at our facility. We have addressed your concerns with our staff.

We do take our customers comments very seriously, and we have addressed the issues you have reported.

GuestHouse Int’l Inn Pigeon Forge deeply value our guests and are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and accommodations, simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Regards,

Management Guest House Inn Pigeon Forge

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked our hotel via phone directly to the hotel for our stay from Thursday, October 17th through Sunday, October 20th. We arrived Thursday at the hotel as planned and one of our rooms should have been a pet-friendly room...the other room should have been a regular room (no pet, no smoking). The staff at the desk informed us that whomever took the reservation did not specify the pet-friendly room. So, the desk clerk got us in rooms (both rooms on the pet-friendly floor). I have an elderly aunt that has many health problems and this just couldn't work for her-due to breathing issues, etc. When we went to the room...as soon as I opened the door the smell was so bad, the wallpaper coming off the walls, the outside window broken and repaired with clear tape, the bedspreads torn,etc. It was as if something had died in the room. When I went down to the desk to see if they could switch us to another room (like we had asked before), the clerk rudely said he couldn't switch us...th at was all he had. My aunt went down to complain and he came up with some type of spray to kill the odor and that made it worse...especially for her breathing. After complaining again to him...he switched us to another pet-friendly room a couple of doors down. There was another person staying at the hotel that overhead the conversation and brought down some room spray to kill the odor. She said her room smelled, but nothing like that room. We explained to him that we would stay the night, but would try to secure something else for the remainder of our stay.

The next morning, we spoke with the manager(?) and she was very rude. We paid for our entire stay (with cash) before ever seeing the rooms. When we told her that we wanted a refund on the next two nights, she was very nasty and said that she would only refund one night and that if we continued to complain we would not get that back either. She was very unprofessional and we left the hotel feeling dirty and unfairly treated.

Here's a couple of other issues:

- They are printing their guest receipts on recycled "Reservation Report" paper. I'm certain that other travelers would not want their name, date of stay, room rate, how long they stayed, etc. to be distributed to other people.

- The website list there was an indoor pool at the hotel. We even asked when we booked the hotel. When we arrived, there was an outside pool ONLY and it was closed. False advertising.

- Photos online are not accurate (with the exception of the outside of the building).

2 Thank 554ConcernedTraveler

Regards,

Management Guest House Inn Pigeon Forge
SC
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years and this past week was another great experience at the GuestHouse in Pigeon Forge. As usual, Sharon Winter, the hotel's mgr. and her staff, went the extra mile to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. The location is perfect for an outing in Pigeon Forge or a drive to Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Sevierville, or Cades Cove. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the morning breakfast all makes for a great start to your day. You can't beat the price you will pay to stay either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your honest review and look forward to your next visit !
Richlands, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I have been enjoying Pigeon Forge and the Gatlinburg area for the last seventeen years at least twice a year. We have always been happy with our stay at this hotel. We have stayed at alot of different hotels,and I have to say this has always been the one hotel that will meet your needs at a very good price. If you do have a problem with anything,they will always make it right for you and have a polite attitude also. They won't know you have a problem and are unhappy unless you let them know. We will stay again when we visit.

Room Tip: If you do travel with alot of extra luggage, ask for a double bed room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ghipf, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We, along with our entire staff wish to say thank you for taking time to let others know of your satisfaction with your satff at our hotel. Looking forward to your next visit. It is guests such as yourself that makes it all worthwhile for our entire team.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to Pigeon Forge many times. This is my first and last stay at this crummy, unkempt, lousy, smelly, rude, overpriced facility. Save your money and stay away from this place. You will regret coming here. The roomslook like hospital rooms and have dingy sheets and crusty yellow mattresses. Everything about this place is horrible. The staff is as rude and uncaring as they come. I've never been treated so poorly EVER! Front desk told me if I didn't like it I could leave and they would be keeping my money. Housekeeping came knocking at 9pm to see if room was clean. Just too many issues to list. Ruined our vacation!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank TravelingSouth101
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, the two ladies that we saw work the front desk were hard working and great. That's the only good I can say about this place.
We purchased a "deal" from deal chicken. A room for two nights that Deal Chicken said would cost $197 and they gave it to us for $98.50. We had to pay taxes on the "normal price" of $197. I've never had that happen before. I'm contacting the Tenn tax department and Tenn attorney general office about that. BTW, those rooms are always much cheaper than $197 for 2 nights.
Next, we opened the door to room 213 and was hit with a strong smell of mold. The window had been leaking which soaked the cushion and surrounding drywall. We were switched to room 214.
We were appalled at the amount of dirt in the bathroom. The toilet hadn't been cleaned so we asked that it be cleaned. They used a hand cloth that I'm sure went back to someone's room after it was washed. I was shocked at the dirt in the shower and amount of hair on the floor of the bathroom. We went across the street to Food Lion, purchased Clorox wipes and cleaned it ourselves.
I will never, ever, ever stay there again!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple