“A Great Place To Start Your Day In The Smokies”

GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years and this past week was another great experience at the GuestHouse in Pigeon Forge. As usual, Sharon Winter, the hotel's mgr. and her staff, went the extra mile to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. The location is perfect for an outing in Pigeon Forge or a drive to Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Sevierville, or Cades Cove. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the morning breakfast all makes for a great start to your day. You can't beat the price you will pay to stay either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ghipf, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We appreciate your honest review and look forward to your next visit !

There are newer reviews for GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I have been enjoying Pigeon Forge and the Gatlinburg area for the last seventeen years at least twice a year. We have always been happy with our stay at this hotel. We have stayed at alot of different hotels,and I have to say this has always been the one hotel that will meet your needs at a very good price. If you do have a problem with anything,they will always make it right for you and have a polite attitude also. They won't know you have a problem and are unhappy unless you let them know. We will stay again when we visit.

Room Tip: If you do travel with alot of extra luggage, ask for a double bed room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ghipf, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We, along with our entire staff wish to say thank you for taking time to let others know of your satisfaction with your satff at our hotel. Looking forward to your next visit. It is guests such as yourself that makes it all worthwhile for our entire team.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to Pigeon Forge many times. This is my first and last stay at this crummy, unkempt, lousy, smelly, rude, overpriced facility. Save your money and stay away from this place. You will regret coming here. The roomslook like hospital rooms and have dingy sheets and crusty yellow mattresses. Everything about this place is horrible. The staff is as rude and uncaring as they come. I've never been treated so poorly EVER! Front desk told me if I didn't like it I could leave and they would be keeping my money. Housekeeping came knocking at 9pm to see if room was clean. Just too many issues to list. Ruined our vacation!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank TravelingSouth101
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, the two ladies that we saw work the front desk were hard working and great. That's the only good I can say about this place.
We purchased a "deal" from deal chicken. A room for two nights that Deal Chicken said would cost $197 and they gave it to us for $98.50. We had to pay taxes on the "normal price" of $197. I've never had that happen before. I'm contacting the Tenn tax department and Tenn attorney general office about that. BTW, those rooms are always much cheaper than $197 for 2 nights.
Next, we opened the door to room 213 and was hit with a strong smell of mold. The window had been leaking which soaked the cushion and surrounding drywall. We were switched to room 214.
We were appalled at the amount of dirt in the bathroom. The toilet hadn't been cleaned so we asked that it be cleaned. They used a hand cloth that I'm sure went back to someone's room after it was washed. I was shocked at the dirt in the shower and amount of hair on the floor of the bathroom. We went across the street to Food Lion, purchased Clorox wipes and cleaned it ourselves.
I will never, ever, ever stay there again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank william s
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were accommodating, our room was clean and the room rates are affordably priced. Hotel is located a good distance from the main drag which offers more peace and quiet from the traffic noise. It's a great place to stay for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ghipf, Owner at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Hope to see you soon! Shawn & Sharon

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is very clean . The staff is very nice and friendly.when I bring my family to this area we always stay here . This hotel is very reasonable on its prices and I deffently recommend.

Bridgett mcglone poca wv

• Stayed: November 2012

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon. Shawn & Sharon

Reviewed October 8, 2013

When I went into this hotel, the front desk lady was nice. The pleasantness stopped there. The hotel is dirty and smells. The room was really tiny and stank. My husband even commented on it. But we didn't care, we just needed a place to crash for the night after a wedding. This company ended up charging my debit card $200 for SMOKING. Funny thing is? Neither one of us SMOKE. She said the cleaning lady "smelled smoke". I was so incredibly upset. "Sharon" who wouldn't give her last name, (which to me speaks volumes) wouldn't even hear me out. Kept talking over me. Saying she's the Owner of the hotel and that's the end of the discussion. Told me to take it up with the credit card company.

You bet I have and will. But if you're reading this review- the cheap price of the hotel is NOT worth it. They're crooks !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple