“Nice stay”

Ranked #81 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a par for the course place to stay for Pigeon Forge, with some definite benefits. The location was GREAT. Very close to everything, within walking distance of many good restaurants, plus it's just a little off the main drag, which we liked.
The room was clean and the beds were decent. No disturbing noises or people. Plus the price was almost too good to be true. It's a perfect place to stay if you come to Pigeon Forge to be busy and entertained. We weren't in our room much at all, so it met our needs completely.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cruiselass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Louisville,KY
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had purchased a hotel deal for this location via Deal Chicken and had looked forward to getting away for a much-needed mini trip with a friend who has never visited the Smokies. I was guaranteed a 2-nite stay for $100 and 2 tix to the Dixie Stampede. I had a little trouble booking the room bc of my preferred days being blackout dates/holiday weekend but I eventually got my reservation. I was advised of taxes not included (which I was aware of per previous reviews on here) yet when asked what I may pay, received a rude response of how it was not known at the time, just based on what the room's original rate is that certain day (in my case, it was $40 for 2 nites....and of course, cash was preferred bc using a card meant a fee)

The day I checked in, I was told the concierge would speak to me about setting up a time for my tickets which was cool. When I made my reservation, I was told I'd speak with them, then watch a video the next day and would get my tickets. Nothing else elaborated...I figured "I guess I have to watch some video about the Dixie Stampede, fine with me!!" The concierge was not at the desk at the time (positioned next to the check in desk) but the hotel clerk advised me to leave my number and the woman would call me to "set things up"

The lack of luggage carts also made the trip unpleasant...when asked for a cart, the clerk stated there was 'only 2' at the hotel and they were being used. We came in during the middle of "check-in hour" so we never used a cart, making it tough carrying several bags to the third floor.

The room itself.....not the greatest but I seen worse. I found a few head hairs on my bed which grossed me out. Bathroom looked decent (except the stopper in the tub that kept popping--had to use my razor to prop the stopper so water can exit the tub). Microwave didn't work half the time and the room was freezing when we entered (saw another post about the lobby/interior corridors being hot........and that it was!!) Bed overall was comfortable and although small, the room was decent to live in a couple days

By the time we settled in and went back out to enjoy the town, the concierge was at her desk and claimed she was about to call me (really now??) She first asks me if I was over 35 which I replied no...she then proceeded to call someone to 'clarify something' which made me nervous. Ends up I COULD NOT get the Dixie Stampede tickets (something about how they 'were too much' but then asked where else we would like to go) I started feeling leery about something and later brought up to my friend how it was pretty slimy to say we got free tickets to the Stampede to be lied in front of our faces on check-in day

We were then told of other entertainment options and 2 places on our to-do list (Titanic museum and white water rafting) were on her "list" of tickets we could use---we were still disappointed of the fake advertisement but at the same time, satisfied the 2 tix combined we paid only $15 per person.

We then were told we would have to attend a "90 minute presentation" (her words) before we got the tickets (and we would be guaranteed them). She asked me if I had a timeshare and I stated no (that raised a red flag for me) along with other questions I felt uncomfortable answering (income bracket, etc) She then proceeded how we 'would be fed with a big breakfast' and more phony crap. At the end of the discussion, she also requested a never-mentioned- before $20 nonrefundable deposit on this presentation and said how this would be given to us when we walked in the door of the presentation the following day. Luckily my friend had cash (bc that's all they took)

The next day we find this place which is nestled in some fancy resort and of course, did not get that promised $20 when we walked in the door...in fact, we had to ASK for it upon leaving in which the receptionist appeared confused and did not see my name down for a deposit (found out the concierge 'oops forgot' to jot that down---thank goodness I kept my confirmation sheet!) I get a CHECK in which I had to Mapquest a bank to cash it, only to step inside the bank due to me not having a bank acct through them (in order to get a thumb print----geez!!)

The evening before my presentation, my friend said how he had a feeling this presentation was a scam, especially how we were told we 'weren't allowed to have a timeshare'..yet the concierge said how this WAS NOT a timeshare presentation! She looked up info about the what was actually a Vacation Planning business but found nothing and assumed it was the real thing.

When fellow travelers attending the same time slot as us were in the lobby, a group of travel agents then appeared and called each party by name (interview process, what the heck!!) and so each party sat at a table with an agent. Mine grilled me on unnecessary questions like my income, 'top 3 spots for a vacation'........I felt like saying 'Can I PLEASE get my damn tickets like I promised???) Then we were all hauled to a room to watch was seemed like a 2-hour presentation by a man who treated the group like children ('no cell phones out', etc) I was right...it was a timeshare presentation! Although the hotel prices/luxuries were nice, 14k upfront is too much for an early 30s single girl with an average income of less tha 35k/year!!

We were told we 'can say no' to any offers laid out on the trouble and they would understand. Ask me why we come back to the agent who first spoke with us (ours was nice but also had an oral fixation problem as he popped a stick of gum constantly in his mouth) tries to sweeten the deal by offering a discounted rate (5,000 instead of 14,000........uh, still too much for my budget!!) When I told him I was not interested and the price was too steep, he brings his manager who offers to 'arrange financing' (I just bought a car.....least thing I need is more credit!)....pretty much every answer I gave they tried to persuade me! I finally said a firm no...the agent understood but the manager pretty much walked away, no thank you or anything.

We spent more than what time we were told, cutting into what was supposed to be a packed day of activities (ended up staying almost 2.5 hours, not 1.5 hours as promised). We did get our tickets but I was pretty furious about the 'dirty trick' set upon me and I felt embarrassed how my friend had to endure this on his first Smokies vacation. I even read the 'fine print' and NOWHERE did it say age restrictions apply.......and certainly I saw in bold print how we'd get tix to the Stampede! I have a screen shot saved in case anyone would like to see it. I expected a $100 package of 2 nites plus 2 tickets........and all I got was a huge gimmick and lured into a timeshare presentation.

Booking for one of the places we did get tickets for (Titanic) was a tad difficult thru this Vacation Planning joke we got wrongfully set up through.....but besides that, we enjoyed two activities which would have been well over $50/person for just $15 per person. Luckily my friend, although, ticked about the setup, was ok about what activities we ended up with.

Hotel room service was also crappy.....we did not feel comfortable with housekeeping coming into our room while we were still guests (another friend of mine had money stolen while in a hotel)...so we kept the 'Do Not Disturb' sign out when we left for the day. When we ran out of bath towels, we called the front desk to get more (never had a problem any other place). The clerk who checked us in rudely said how housekeeping came by the past 2 days and we had the Do Not Disturb sign out so they skipped us. And there were no towels at the desk. She didn't mention an apology or anything.....so using 2-day old towels was not the most pleasant

Check-out day was a godsend.....I came to the desk with my arms loaded with stuff and the clerk didn't bother to ask if I needed help, all she wanted were the key cards wedged somewhere in my hands and she didn't mind waiting either while I untangled myself!! As an apology to my friend for making him endure such poor service and lies, I paid a third night at a MUCH better hotel down the road and for it being our last nite in town, considered it the "true start of our vacation"

I didn't bother to complain about the service/promotion deal bc you never get refunded for your dissatisfaction anymore...I figured writing about my experience on here would be more effective. Plus I read previous posts about the similar thing and it seemed like it's impossible to get money back. Trust me, I enjoyed the tix to the activities we received but the way we earned them (attending a timeshare presentation, lied to our faces, being pressured) was dirty and unacceptable. This is the first AND last time I will do business with this hotel and purchasing hotel package promotions like I did

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank UofL

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Monticello, Kentucky
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visit pigeon forge 2-3 times a year and always make our reservations here. The staff is so friendly and helpful, check in is easy, rooms are very clean. A wonderful location off the main drag just enough to give you the peace and quite from the traffic. Convenience of being in walking distance of restaurants and attractions. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dadavis1959
Inman
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Woke up on our 2nd morning w/ ants on/around the beds. Went down to front desk @ 7:30am and told the clerk which she replied "I will get some one up there". We left to spend the day at Splash Country for 11 hours and upon returning...yep, the ants were STILL there. Went down to tell the night clerk, Sylvia, and her 1st reply was "I can't help what they didn't do this morning"...did I hear that right??? That began her VERY rude attitude about the situation. I was told to go back to my room and wait until she could bring bug spray. When she finally came up to the room, she sprayed the bug spray all over the beds...GROSS. Told her that I would not let my kids sleep in that and she REFUSED to switch our room or refund us for that night. We left and when asking for a manager/owner's contact info, she gave us a phone # that she answered. Even after contacting their Customer Relations and they said the franchise owner and manager had been made aware, we still have heard nothing and it's now been 5 days. The ladies in the lobby trying to sale show tickets (not employed w/ hotel) told me that Sylvia didn't know how to handle customers and that this happened often. They also said that the pest control people had been there a few days before due to all the bug complaints. Besides this, the other negatives were in room iron was broke and the one they replaced it with left a stain on my white shirt, dingy towels, the breakfast room was extremely hot which made it uncomfortable to try to eat and the shower did not have consist water temperature. DO NOT subject yourself to the ants or the horrible customer service at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boonville, IN
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Two years ago stayed at Guest House Inn so upon arriving in Pigeon Forge for another vacation went there to check in again. Friendly staff... convenient location...great prices....nice rooms. On next trip will stay at Guest House Inn again. Posted from R. Sanders in Boonville, IN

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Claringtion, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is ready to meet your needs at any time of the day or night . We like to ride our Honda Goldwing for touring in the Great Smoky Mountains. This hotel in a good home base for touring the area , It is the middle of the shows at night, good for riding in the day. Nice rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the GuestHouse Internatonal Inn. The place is very clean and nice. It is located in a great spot. We have stayed here numerous times and have never had any problems. The office staff is wonderful, and Sharon (in the office) is always so helpful with anything from making reservations to helping us find local attractions. We would recommend this place to anyone staying in the Pigeon Forge area.
T.Fowler, Cadiz, KY 42211