“Don't Miss These Cupcakes!”

Cakes by Bakin' Bishop
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I were told about this little cupcake shop by some friends of ours. When in Pigeon Forge we decided to look it up. It can be a little difficult to find, but certainly worth the hunt. They have all sorts of flavors of cupcakes and icing. You can create your own taste by picking the flavor of cupcake and the icing you would like. They even give you free tastes of the different icings so you can find out what you like. We ended up getting 6 cupcakes and had so much fun creating different flavor combinations. Keep in mind, they are not your normal cupcake shop,so the prices a little higher, but these aren't regular cupcakes. They were very moist and some of the best cupcakes I've ever had. We will be going back to TN in a few weeks and can't wait to make a stop at Bakin' Bishop!

1  Thank MoooovinAlong

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are a repeat visitor to this business and LOVE their products. However, I must say that we won't go back on our next trip to the area. Why? Their prices for the amount of cake that you get have gotten ridiculous. I sent my husband inside to make the purchase because we know what we want from having visited before. When he came out to the car with our dozen mini cupcakes, I thought it was strange that they were in what appeared to be a white takeout tray for restaurant meals. I opened the container, and to my dismay, there were twelve miniscule cupcakes :( We paid almost a dollar per cupcake with the taxes included. There was enough room left in the container that the clerk had put in a piece of crumpled white paper to keep the cupcakes from moving around. On our prior visit the cupcakes were in a clear plastic tray designed to hold these cupcakes. So sad because they have great tasting cupcakes. Prices will keep us from ever going back :(

8  Thank deputydog825
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Made a special effort to stop here on our last day of vacation based on all the fantastic reviews this place has gotten, and I am so glad we did. These were the BEST CUPCAKES I've ever had!! The frosting is so unique, not too sweet and absolutely delicious! My husband and I had the lemon cupcake with key lime frosting, my son had the white cupcake with strawberry frosting, and my daughter had the white cupcake with peanut butter frosting. We all thought it was a fantastic treat. I wish they had a bakery like this where we live!

2  Thank Anne P
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The cupcakes at this place are so yummy!! The jumbo cupcakes have the perfect balance of cake and icing. The icing is not piled high on top, which I really like. If their had to be a downside to Cakes by Bakin' Bishop, it would be that the cupcakes are on the pricy side. A dozen of the "jumbo" cupcakes is $33 I believe. Honestly though, it's worth it after you eat your first cupcake. Also, they are different from GiGi's cupcakes in that you can choose the combo of cupcake you want. At Gigi's, the cupcakes are already made, icing and all. At this place, you could make a strawberry with chocolate icing if you want. But anyway, the cupcakes are so delicious! And the staff were very friendly! I would highly recommend you get your cupcakes here!

1  Thank Julianne N
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very disappointed because the cake we ordered was nothing like we got. This place is very high priced for the work you get. VERY VERY high priced for what you get.

4  Thank CAK120611