“OMG!!!!!! Unbelieveable!!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped in this morning to get a cinnamon roll because we have yet to try those. OMG! They were still in the oven because Pigeon Forge shut her water off yesterday afternoon. The nerve of them!!! Of course, it was their mistake and they turned them back on. We got to stand there and talk a little while, while we waited on those glorious rolls to come out of the oven.
Wonderfully, friendly people!!!! And then here they came out from the back on the baking pan and smelling heavenly!!! We got to see her lift it from the pan and place it in our box all warm and wonderful and THEN, she squirted that sweet, warm icing all over the top of them. Of course, we had to buy a cupcake too. I chose a strawberry with cream cheese icing and my husband chose lemon with key lime cream cheese icing. We took everything back to the cabin to eat. After we inhaled our rolls, we had to TRY our cupcakes too. We each had a few bites, and suddenly mine had disappeared!!!! My husband had more restraint than I. So, it you have any doubts, DON'T! If you can, stop by at opening. The smells inside of that place are incredible and if you are lucky, you can get them while they are still warm!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was the 1st time my husband and I had stopped at Cakes by Bakin Bishop. We were driving down Wears Valley Rd and saw it and had a sweet tooth and had to stop. I must say it was a real treat. The staff was very friendly as soon as we walked in. There have several cup cakes you can choose from and you also get to choose the icing you want. I ordered the chocolate cup cake with butter cream icing and my husband ordered a cinnamon roll. Both were very fresh and very good. They have a large selection of sugar decorations you can add to your cupcakes. Our only complaint was we ordered a milk and it was kinda warm, but still good. Can't wait to try a different flavor next trip. I have included a couple of pictures.

1  Thank GoldRushJunkie
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I saw this little bakery on the way to our cabin that we rented for the weekend. We got a dozen on the mini cupcakes (various combinations of frostings and cake flavors). The mini cupcakes (1-2 bite) were priced at $11 for a dozen. My personal favorite was the chocolate cake with the raspberry icing although the orange dreamsicle and the lemon with the key lime frosting was pretty good also.

1  Thank Dlynng83
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Before traveling to TN for vacation, I searched, "best places to eat in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg"....and this place came up 1st with so many good reviews that my family could not pass it up! It is close to all the tourist stuff, (only 1.1 mile from the Christmas Inn that we stayed) but just far enough it didn't feel touristy. Upon entering the adorable cabin looking shop we were instantly greeted with amazing employees who were so patient with my kids who could barely pick out a cupcake flavor because they loved looking at the little candies for $0.65 to put on top. Prices were super reasonable and cupcakes were moist and delicious and the frosting was incredible!!!!!!! Me and hubby had a lemon cupcake with key lime cream cheese frosting (after reading recommendations from other reviews) and were NOT disappointed! It was so refreshing! My kids got the minis, perfect size & price for little ones! We had a great time here and would definitely go back if we are in the area again!!!!

1  Thank familytraveler4417
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stopped in based on the reviews we found in here, (#1 in Pigeon Forge). A couple miles outside of town, but so worth the drive. We pulled in 10 minutes before closing, but there was still a good variety. We bought six of the mini cupcakes. Got to choose cupcake flavor and icing for each mini. We had two of the chocolate with peanut butter icing (delicious), two orange with cream cheese (think dreamsicle!!), a strawberry with key lime cream cheese, and a strawberry with raspberry icing. The flavors were all wonderful and each really tasted exactly like the name. Very moist cupcakes. Great, friendly service.