“The best in town, from the point of view of a local.”

Cakes by Bakin' Bishop
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2013

So I knew that I loved Bakin Bishops cupcakes, but hadnt really been to any other bakeries to compare them too. Well, I have now, as I went to nom noms when they were still open and today tried gigis (only because Bishops is on winter hours right now), and I can tell you that NO ONE has anything even close to the quality of the Bishops cupcakes. I really regret going to that gigis place, as it was almost ten dollars more for a half dozen cupcakes,and it tastes like a boxed mix! Will definitely hold off on my cupcake cravings til the weekend when my favorite bakery is open...Bakin Bishop!

1  Thank JanieM729

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Cakes by the Bakin' Bishop is the best stop in the smokies for all your cake and dessert needs. From the best cinnamon rolls for breakfast to the best cakes and cupcakes anywhere. Dont visit the area without visiting Shannon and Paul for a real treat.
Yumm!!!!!

1  Thank wcfd935
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have been visiting the baking bishop for 3 years now. They have made several beautiful & delicious cakes and cupcakes for our children's birthdays. It is also our kindergardeners favorite after school treat or a just because stop. We visit several times a month to get out cupcake fix! Our recommendation in the fall is the pumpkin cream cheese icing(on anything)!!!! Best ever!!!

1  Thank Hotshot3608
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Absolutely the closest thing to heaven you'll ever put in your mouth. So delicious you won't believe your taste buds. Creamy buttercream frosting, lots of flavors, moist tasty cake under all that goodness. You can't go wrong. Stop here-- you will be grateful!!

2  Thank robingrim
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family and I are new to Gatlinburg and I have been looking for a special little sweet shoppe since the day we moved here, I'VE FOUND IT!! This place is amazing!! I was on the hunt for a cake for my 6 year olds birthday and really didn't want a generic Kroger cake :( I sent a request out to the few people we have met here and ALL of them said "The Bakin' Bishop". I looked them up and found them on Facebook. Then my heart sank when I read a post about being on off season hours. I went ahead and sent her a message and just asked if she would have time to make a cake? Within the hour she had replied and gave me her email to send photo ideas. We then spoke on the phone, she asked all kinds of questions about my daughter.. favorite colors, what to stay away from etc.. When we got off the phone I felt fully confident that my baby girl would have an amazing cake for her party, I was right! It was perfect!! :-) Not only do she make this beautiful cake on her off season, but also with only a weeks notice. I can not say enough good things about this special little shoppe :) GO THERE, EAT LOTS, and ENJOY!!!!! :-)

2  Thank Gburgmomma