“It was OK, but certainly not the number one restaurant in PF”

Cakes by Bakin' Bishop
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I can’t understand how this shop got listed as the number one restaurant in Pigeon Forge. First of all, I would consider this shop to be a bakery, not a restaurant. The shop is very small. They specialize in cinnamon buns and cupcakes. For the cupcakes, you select the type of cupcake you want, select the type of icing you want, then the clerk adds the icing. The cupcakes were fresh and tasty, but not any better than from most bakeries.

2  Thank VirginiaMusicLover
There are newer reviews for Cakes by Bakin' Bishop

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to Bakin Bishops for my daughters birthday cupcakes and from the moment I walked in not only did it smell FANTASTIC but I also received by far the best costumer service I have encountered in quite some time. The owner was delightful and extremely helpful which made the chaos of birthday planning feel far less stressful.
When I came back to pick up my cupcakes the owner not only greeted me by name but also had my cupcakes ready to go and they were EXACTLY (if not better) than I had hoped for!
The quality of food matches the service and the cupcakes were gobbled up and thoroughly enjoyed.
I am now a forever customer and highly recommend anyone looking for a quality bakery to visit these guys as you WON'T be disappointed.
I would also recommend anyone to just stop in for a coffee and muffin in the morning, its cheaper than Starbucks and in my opinion much tastier!!!

1  Thank BarbieTenn
Reviewed October 30, 2012

While searching TripAdvisor for "best restaurants in Pigeon Forge TN" we learned about this charming bakery. We went this past Saturday and got cinnamon rolls and also 4 different flavors of cupcakes. They were all delicious! It was so nice to be able to pick out the flavor of cupcake and then which flavor of icing we wanted on them. They were so good that we went back today and got some more cinnamon rolls and cupcakes. This place will now be a regular stop for us when we visit the mountains.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stopped here because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. We tried the cinnamon rolls, muffins, brownies, and a spice cupcake with cinnamon frosting. It was all, at best, average. The cupcakes were very dry and the flavors are very basic. AnnOlivia's is on the same side of the road and you come to it before this place from Pigeon Forge. They have glittery cupcakes and better menu options. There's no way this is the #1 restaurant in Pigeon Forge.

2  Thank TNtravelfan067
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I took the advice of others and stopped in to try the cupcakes, etc. before leaving for home and ......OMG....I understand why they are # 1 with trip advisor! We took our office crew a cupcake each and upon arriving home gave it to our counter person to disperse. She ate one, then ate them all without sharing any! She now thinks I am the best. LOL! Seriously, the food is amazing.