“Terrible Management”

Ranked #2 of 8 Pigeon Forge B&B and Inns
Ashland, Kentucky
“Terrible Management”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Spoke with a clerk on the phone prior to arriving. We were given a price of $65 dollars and a confirmation number. Upon arrival, they tried to charge us $90 dollars. The clerk stated that it didn't matter what price was given on the phone, he was charging $90. We were allowed to cancel after threatening to dispute with the credit card company. Of the three people in line around us, two were dealing with similar problems.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank J S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was here last year and it was decent. I would see 29.99 advertised on the sign so I would stop in and of course they didn't have any of those rooms left.So I left and the next time I stopped in same thing. So I finally talked to the manager as to why he was still advertising 29.99 rooms knowing they have none left. We worked it out and I stayed. Nice clean room and a comfy bed. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NateB4
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed April 4, 2014

So, it is my husband and my 6 year anniversary this weekend and we wanted to come to Pigeon Forge but not pay too much and found this hotel. According to most of the reviews, it seemed pretty good but first thing when we got here, it was not at all what we expected. My mother wanted to purchase the room for us for two nights for our anniversary present, and she ordered online a room with a balcony overlooking the river specifically because we figured we wouldn't want to get out much. So, the room we first arrived in was not on the side with the river, nor did it have a balcony. I went downstairs to the clerk and told him I was unsatisfied and had ordered a balcony room. He proceeded to tell me that I did not order that room and commenced to arguing with me (in front of other customers) over it until I finally told him regardless of his opinion, I wanted a different room. He ended up having to call my mother and get her card number again, and then acted like it was a huge inconvenience to him that I wanted to get the room I had ordered specifically. So, we went to the new room and changed to go out for a while and see the area. When we left the room, we took the stairs and noticed an actual bullet hole in the wall in the stairway between the first and second floor. I also asked for conditioner for my hair, and he stated that the shampoo (which says only shampoo on it) has conditioner in it and literally tried to convince me of that fact, when it obviously does not. If you are looking for a good deal, go another half mile down from here, and there are many many other places that are just as inexpensive or less and probably don't have ignorant people running the place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJHarris222

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The River Inn was the best hotel we stayed at in our two-week vacation through the South. There are many reasons for this. $45/night in high season!! It is right next to a small river that people actually fish in. There is coin laundry on premises. Rooms are clean. Free wi-fi. The pool is open late, and it is ok to drink beer down there. The staff is helpful with tours and things to do in the area. The rooms are more luxurious than what you would expect for the price. For that price, I expect worn-out furniture, cinder block walls, evidence that previous guests have been smoking in the non-smoking rooms, but not here. This is arguably the best value hotel I have ever stayed at in the US in terms of bang for the buck. Yes, I would definitely stay here again.

Also, the hotel is right across the street from one of the Pigeon Forge shuttle stops (just ask at the front desk), so if you plan on drinkin’ without a designated driver in Pigeon Forge, don’t fret!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, Tn.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have stayed at Pigeon River Inn several times. We have always enjoyed staying there.
It is convenient, clean, and staff is friendly.

Willis & Martha Holt
Charleston, Tn.

It is convenient, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms available on river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank martyh4
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We generally stay at The Hampton when in Sevierville, but this place looked clean & had a GREAT price listed on their sign, so we took a chance! The Pigeon River Inn was every bit as nice as the Hampton. It was clean, up to date in appearance, had a friendly staff, & had a mini fridge with microwave and even had a balcony ! We slept in the next morning, so we missed their continental breakfast, but with what we saved on the room we could definitely splurge on food for a couple of meals. All in all, a really nice place to spend the night!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank SandyLouTwo
KY
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We recently stayed here. We have wanted to try this hotel for a few years after noticing its always booked. When we arrived there was an ambulance and police car out front. We checked in they sent us to our room 3rd floor. Much to our suprise after getting off elevator there was a horrible smell. Then we saw the EMS in front of a room directly across from ours. We should have headed back to the lobby for a different floor or room but instead dived into our room as quick as possible. Apparently the patron that needed the ambulance had a bowel movement and to say it reaked of a sewer smell is not even close to accurate. My beef is WHY oh why would management have sent us to a room across the hall from where this is going on. ?? BAD business on their part I think. They did bring spray and sprayed after I called. Our room was clean and free of odor. But no thanks due to this I will never stay here again. It just made us sick. It is clean, it was smoke free with the exception of a guy on a balcony below us smoking :( but other wise a decent place and rates were reasonable. But due to our circumstances neither of us want to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: for a view you would want river side and 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple