All reviews balcony room balcony overlooking the river covered parking nice stay continental breakfast is would stay again staff was very friendly clean hotel bed was comfortable non smoking great room enjoyed our stay biscuits the main strip a great place to stay attractions motel
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We tried to stay at this hotel, but they would not take our coupon. We stopped at a welcome center before we got to Pigeon Forge to check on hotel coupons. When you get to the hotel, It's the same old story, we don't have any of the coupon rooms left. Why do they bother to put coupons in welcome center books if they do not honor them. We arrived early in the morning, so we thought we would have no trouble getting a coupon room. Never the less, we will not be trying to stay at this hotel ever again. If you have a coupon, don't waste your time with this hotel.
JW

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and it was alright. It was cheap and fairly cheerful. The rooms were clean, we had 2 between us. The bed spreads in these places are always a bit iffy and I didn't fancy sitting on it. I usually sit on the sheets underneath because I imagine they are changed. The comforter/bedspread is usually not!! The bed was comfortable though and I used my own pillow. The breakfast area was a bit dreadful. It was narrow and difficult to negotiate between the people sitting, the people finding food and the food itself. The food itself was just about okay. The porridge was good, the bread was inedible. I wouldn't stay there again unless I was feeling poor, but it was okay. Stay one night and splurge the next on somewhere a little smarter maybe.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Pigeon River Inn Nov. 2012. WE were there 3 nights.This is the third year we have stayed there.We always enjoy our stay here.It is located as you drive into Pigeon Forge, first motel on left,near the shows. I have never smell smoke in motel and our rooms are always clean. Lynn and Betty from West Tn.

Room tip: I like the room with balcony, over looking river
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Despite dire warning signs of threatening a $300 charge if smoking took place in room, our room smelled like someone had just lit up. People standing right outside front door smoking, and people smoking off of balconies. The blankets were absolutely filthy. It seems like if housekeeping sees such dirty blankets they would change them without even having to be told. The only good thing I can say is there were no bugs. The room was questionably clean as well as the sheets. Luckily we only spent 1 night. It was not worth the $100 we were charged for this room. Don't know anything about the breakfast. We didn't hang around to find out. Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
jay p, Manager at Pigeon River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We appreciate when our guests let us know when we did not meet their satisfaction. I am disappointed to hear you were not pleased with your room or our staff.. Please contact the hotel & I would like more indepth details about your stay to take corrective action.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Pigeon River Inn for three days, two of which were free. I agree with the other reviewers that the "smoke free" aspect was good. There were dire warning signs throughout the place threatening a $300 fee to be added on to your credit card if they determined that smoking has taken place in the room. No one apparently told the staff, however that constantly cooking curry dishes in the breakfast room created an unpleasant aroma that wafted throughout the hotel. Although dated, the hotel was reasonably clean. The continental "breakfast" consisted of mini muffins of indeterminate age and waffles that you could toast yourself, if you could elbow your way past other vacationers. Parking is limited, however you can actually park under cover if you drive around the back of the building.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony river view. There is less traffic noise.
Date of stay: October 2012