“Plentiful food ”

Ranked #28 of 184 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Come see what Mama is cooking today! We serve up country favorites, FAMILY STYLE, right to your table so you get to taste everything that Mama is cooking that day. Specialties like Fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, Turkey, Honey Ham, Meatloaf and more are paired with a huge variety of vegetables like fried okra chicken - n- dumplings, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole and so many more. We always finish lunch and dinner with our famous delicious peach cobbler and banana pudding. In addition to these Southern Delights, our daily breakfast features pinwheels, eggs, chocolate gravy, fried chicken tenders, sausage, bacon and more more more! Taste something you really can't get enough of, just ask for more, because Mama always has a stove full of goodies. Find out why we are everyone's favorite family restaurant in Pigeon Forge.
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Home cooking served family style meals. Pick from soup and salad. Then they will serve three entrées and five side dishes. pick from two desserts. friendly service great for families with young children, couples and vacation travel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,250)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Received 1 comp adult meal/drink through a cabin rental which encouraged us to try this place. The food was plentiful and served family style, but most items were overcooked, heavily salted or way to cheesy/fatty. The only standout item was the fried chicken which my husband and children really enjoyed. Everything else was mushy and not very fresh, and the service was rather lukewarm. Dessert choices were strawberry shortcake or banana pudding, both of which went uneaten after one taste.

Jonathan_JFoR, Owner at Mama's Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Annemeredith,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mama's. I'm really sorry to hear your visit wasn't better...it should have been. It should have all been as delicious and fresh as the fried chicken. I will send you a message directly to try and get more details.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We happened upon this restaurant when we were looking for a southern fried chicken dinner. It was great and was served family style, everything in bowls for all to share. Priced per person and only one menu for the day. You get a bit of everything on the menu. Ours was fried chicken, meatloaf, fried fish and various potatoes and vegetables and a choice of dessert.
Everything was delicious. Lots of food.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were not informed that we would not be given any choices in what we would be eating. The chicken was not bad and neither were the mashed potatoes. Everything else was either had no flavor or was just gross. My kids had the banana pudding and I had the peach cobbler, both were ok. I thought that it was very expensive especially considering the poor quality of the food. Our waitress was very nice.

Jonathan_JFoR, Owner at Mama's Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Becky T,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Mama's. I'll contact you directly, via email, to get more details and sort out what happened.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to have a family lunch. Having eaten at a "family style" restaurant before was a little disappointed. I would expect to Be able to choose what dished from the menu our family wished to be served...you know two meats, a veggie, a pasta, a dessert.....we had entirely too much food in which our family did not eat. The food itself was good, something Nana would serve on Sunday. By the time we got to dessert I was so full I only took one bite. In my opinion this meal is just a bit to pricey. I do love the style inwhich the meal is served but there is no way myself or ang of my chidren can eat 15$ worth of fried chicken and Mac & cheese in any one setting....there should be family pricing too!

Dear Punkydifle,

Thanks for taking the time to review us after dining with us. We appreciate your time and your business and we're thrilled that you liked the food. Most of the "family style" restaurants I've been to offer a set menu, but you're right, there are some that offer a choice. In order to keep from waste with our system, we do an conservative initial serving so the customer can decide which are his or her favorites and then get more of those items. It's a system that has served us well over the years.

As for the pricing, we realize children won't eat so much and so have priced them as follows: free for 5 & under (this goes a long way toward providing relief for families), 6-12 are $5.99, $7.99 and $8.99 respectively for breakfast, lunch and dinner.