“Grand Majestic Worth Time and Money”

The Grand Majestic Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring SOUL OF MOTOWN and HIT PARADE dinner shows, the Grand Majestic Dinner Theater is home to two of Pigeon Forge's top rated shows.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Ada, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grand Majestic Worth Time and Money”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

As someone who had never been to the Pigeon Forge area, I was entranced by all the theaters and exhibitions in the area. I decided to go the the Grand Majestic and I was so glad that I did. The people in the cast were great, and the show is lively and fun. People know all the songs, and want to sing along. Not only that, they're encouraged to sing along some times, and it engages families and people of all ages. It's a great show to take your family to in the area.

The costumes are great and the dancing is very well choreographed. The people on stage seem to be enjoying themselves as much as the people off stage, and it's a great theatrical experience for all parties involved. The staging is wonderfully workable, and not too grandiose but not boring either. The music is canned, but still sounds great, and the premise of the show (a radio show from each era) is engaging and fun.

The negative reviews on here seem to be people who caught the show at a bad time, either for a performer or for themselves personally. I enjoyed the show immensely, and I would love to see it again if I were in the area. Traffic getting there is a problem on busy days or weekends, so make sure you leave a lot of time to find the theater and get there. Small crowds are possible anywhere, and with a cast that's giving you the big crowd feel for 20 people or 200 people, you can be sure that your experience will be totally worth it. Kids love it, adults love it, and it's a great show to see. Don't miss it.

1 Thank LeStelleDiLuce

Pittsburgh
“What an horrible show”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I think the title says it all. My other half and I have seen some bad things in our life but this takes the cake. The theater was empty. They could have told us that there was only 25 people in the audience! After seeing the show I know why. The singing was terrible and everyone was off key and / or tone deaf. The dancing was middle of the road at best. The laughable part was the stage and the costumes and decorations. It really looked like I was at my grand daughters elementary school Christmas show.

There were a few good things.. the popcorn was good and there were a few performers that looked and sounded like they could really be performing somewhere of a little higher caliber.

This is not a good value in my opinion. If you are reading this and would like to go see a really good show, go see Black Bear Jamboree or the Temptations review! They are both worth the money.

3 Thank Sandystiller
TN
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best show in Pigeon Forge featuring Dave Spiecker”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

The show started out a little slow then a lot of action started which made up a great show. Especially that Dave Spiecker. WOW what great tallent Dave HAS.
A show well worth seeing.

1 Thank mert56
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

This is undoubtedly the worst show that I have attended. I vacation in Pigeon Forge frequently, since I have family there. I have been to just about all of the theaters and dinner attractions. I have no idea how this is rated #1 thru Trip Advisor, it should be #100. My last time in town I attempted to go to this show 3 times while I was in town and they cancelled last second because there wasn't enough people to watch the show supposedly. The show will NEVER suceed because of such poor management. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the best type of advertising is word of mouth. I am sure that they are getting great advertising by cancelling shows at the last second and they don't have any customers to begin with. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

3 Thank TarHeel2323
West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My favorite Christmas shows in past 2 years”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

My husband and I have visited Pigeon Forge the last 3 years to Christmas shop and celebrate or anniversary. This was our second time to see the Swingtime show, and the only show we have been to twice. Although we both thought last year's show was overall better than this year's show, we still enjoyed it very much. There were some new performers and the stage and props had been toned down from last year, we were a little disappointed in that but still enjoyed the show. There was maybe 100 people there to see the show, we went on a Wen. evening, Dec. 2, but they still put on a show equal to what I felt they would have done had it been a full house. That was nice they cared enough to give their all even though there was so few of us. We personally liked the patriotic part of the show, we thought it was a nice mix of 40's, 50's, patriotic, and Christmas music. We have been to most of the shows in the area and this has been our favorite. We were probably the youngest couple in the crowd, early 50's, never been in the service, so the music was before our era, but gives a little insight to what that was like and what those who served our country and the families faced. It was a nice touch to have the performers greet you as you left and yes it was a smart move to hand out the cards asking for reviews. It is not a highly advertised show, I am sure they just can't afford to, so this helps get word out for them. I have enjoyed all the shows in Pigeon Forge we have seen, Black Bear, Dixie Stamped, Comedy Barn, Hoot and Holler, the other magic show, Lee Greenwood, all were good but this one stands out to me the most. I would go back again, my only request is the same as the other shows. I would like to see something different at least every couple of years not the same show every year as they all seem to do at least at Christmas time.

2 Thank pymlgm