“Fair--pretty entertaining for the very old and the very young.”
Review of Comedy Barn

Comedy Barn
Ranked #1 of 6 Nightlife in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: The Comedy Barn Theater, located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee , is the award winning family comedy variety show in the Smokey Mountains. Our show features magicians, fire-eaters, jugglers, ventriloquists, clean family comedians, live country and gospel music as well as barn yard animals. The Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge offers clean comedy for an enjoyable evening of family fun. You'll laugh until you can't laugh anymore. Winner of Funniest Show award for 10 straight years!
Reviewed December 16, 2007

I expected it to be corny, and it beat my expectations. But my nine-year-old grandson thought it was absolutely hilarious. It was clean, which I really appreciated. When I take the grandkids, I'll go again. They'll insist on it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,457)

Reviewed November 21, 2007

My family and I made reservations for the Comedy Barn on Tuesday evening. We had reservations for "will call" for earlier in the week and were told they had to be paid for by 7 pm. We had a change of plans, so we cancelled. On Wednesday while shopping in Gatlinburg, we decided to try the Comedy Barn again, so we gave a credit card number to secure so we did not have to be there an hour early. We stopped back by Laurel Falls, and around 6 pm decided we were too tired to go back out for the evening. So I called to cancel, however, I was told by a rather rude young man that there were NO CREDITS given. That I should have decided what I wanted to do, before I gave out my credit card. The young lady who took my reservations earlier that day NEVER ONCE told me that I COULD NOT CANCEL. That is so strange, they have you over a barrel, so we had to GO. It was funny, but not worth the 27.80 per person which in our case was for 6 persons. Make your reservations for "will call" tickets, that way you can change your mind if you are too tired from your outings.

4  Thank choctaw2005
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We laughed and laughed and laughed...and.... Well you get the picture.. .Good clean humor... Spend the bucks and go out for the night at the barn... You will not regret it...

Reviewed October 29, 2007

We had been to the Comedy Barn a couple years ago and my kids LOVED it. We decided to go again & the ticket buying was a hassle, as the website apparently has trouble often. I called them & was told to get the online discount, I would have to just keep on trying as they wouldn't give me the discount over the phone. I informed them I wanted good seats as a surprise to my family, but was told to just keep trying online and call them that night or next morning if no luck. I finally called later that night and insisted on purchasing tickets over the phone and found out that when you buy tickets online & receive the discount, that is only for 5th row and back! They should mention that on the site! So I was able to get 2nd row seats, but couldn't get the discount. Very surprised by the all this run around. The ticket desk & concession employees weren't exactly friendly either. We got in our seats about 5-10 minutes before show time and the show was already starting!

Also, parking was nearly impossible. Bathroom at intermission had a line that went through the whole place, so I had to hold it! As many large crowds as they get, it's imperative to improve these 2 issues.

I do hate to seem so negative, but I was disappointed in the Comedy Barn~it was a favorite of ours! The Clem/Clyde character was just not funny. Even my kids felt they were too mature to laugh at this. Same for the Grandma sketch; fart jokes get old. Also, there is an awful lot of music & dancing. The show runs about 90-100 minutes, with a 20 minute intermission. So with the intermission and singing/dancing, not much "bang for your buck" so to speak. Singing and dancing is fine, but if we wanted that kind of entertainment we wouldn't have purchased tickets to a comedy show. Would love to see them fill this in with more comedy!

The juggler, "Slim Chance" was hysterical & the sketch with audience participation was great! These 2 sketches had us barely able to breathe, so we loved this!

Personally we may not go back, but if you have kids ages 5-15, (any younger than that & they seem to get antsy) & you've never been you should check it out. Just get there very early to find good parking and get in your seats!

3  Thank Anna A
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I might have enjoyed the show better if it wasnt for this....I called to make RESERVATION ONLY. I was told it was best to do because they sell out quick. I was asked to give a credit card to secure my reservation. My 15 year old wasnt feeling well after the day at Dollywood and wanted to stay at the room. Since we only made a RESERVATION we said that was fine. When I went to purchase my tickets I told them we only needed 2 adult tickets and 2 children instead of the 3 adults. She printed out the credit card receipt and said there are NO REFUNDS and gave me a free admission ticket for my next visit. First off told her I was not told of NO REFUNDS and second I was told I was making a RESERVATION only. She didnt care nor did the manager and I would have left but my 5 and 11 year old wanted to stay and I couldnt say no. The kids loved the first half. The second was not all that funny. I thought it was not bad, its just we paid $85 for 4 of us to go. The bad thing is the kids are free. I will NEVER EVER go back after the way we were treated by the staff and I recommend NOT making RESERVATIONS or BUYING tickets in advance because THERE ARE NO REFUNDS and I can PROMISE they will NOT tell you this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank susanb5