“Sweet little cabin... needs wifi”

Review of Mountain Magic

Very good
Exterior Side View at Mountain Magic
Deck with Rocking Chairs and View of the Smoky Mountains at Mountain Magic
Mountain Magic
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JodyD486
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Sweet little cabin... needs wifi”
Reviewed December 3, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This studio style cabin is perfect for a couple, but I would not recommend it for a family. It meets your basic stay needs, and is exceptionally clean, but isn't necessarily private and does not offer wifi, which is my only complaint. My husband was going to be working during our stay, and we were not aware this cabin did not have wifi access. We loved the wood burning fireplace and wrap around deck, and the views were beautiful!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved the wood burning fireplace and walk around deck.
Liked least: No wifi
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Lebanon

Cleveland ohio
Reviewed December 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

kweazil
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Waaaayyy too far if you want to make it to town at all”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

My husband and I rented Mountain Magic from American Patriot for our honeymoon and arrived the day after our wedding. By the time we got to Pigeon Forge, it was around 8 pm. By the time we got to the cabin, it was at least 9 pm. The first road on the map is labeled wrong and we ended up going the wrong way for quite a while before realizing it. On the way to the cabin, there were people milling around on the side of the road ... they had ripped and torn clothes and some without shirts at all. It felt like a scary movie.

The road to the cabin is winding and the cabin is absolutely secluded and isolated from all of civilization, except the cabin next door that is right on top of it - all very creepy. When we arrived, that cabin was blaring music so loud it could be heard from our cabin. The cabin itself appeared to be clean and nice, but it didn't look like there was much of a view with all the trees.

We contemplated going back to town to eat and determined that we would - that took about 30 minutes considering we don't know the roads and really struggled in the dark with unfamiliar territory. After getting back to town, we knew that the cabin was just too far for us and we were exhausted so we checked into the Hilton and would recommend that to anyone!!

The next morning, I called American Patriot and was on hold for several minutes before talking to a sales rep. I told them that we wanted a refund and would not be staying in the cabin because we were misled about the distance from town. I had originally asked for a cabin in between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but ended up with this place in the middle of nowhere. The sales rep would not issue a refund and I asked to speak to the General Manager. I spoke with Matt who was instantly combative and unapologetic. He did offer to give us another cabin, but at that point, we were already settled in the hotel and out for the day so unable to return and check out without being charged for an additional night.

I think that my experience could have been better if Matt had been a little more understanding. He laughed at me and made me feel like he was so happy that he had my money and no way was he going to refund anything. I would not recommend American Patriot to anyone based on his attitude and behavior towards me.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Sep 18, 2012
I am sorry you were unhappy with Mountain Magic. It is one of our 'deluxe' cabins and has a nice view. As you can see from the other ratings, most of our guests who stay there love the cabin. Mountain roads can be a challenge especially at night. I have checked the map and it is correct. We keep the radio on in the cabin as a safety precaution to deter someone from breaking in. Most rental companies in the area do this. Since Mountain Magic is a 50% off cabin, there are no cancellations or refunds. The 50% off cabins are a great value, but there are some restrictions that are clearly stated in the Lodging Policy and on the website. In spite of this, Matt did offer to move you to another cabin since you didn't like Mountain Magic. Once you declined his offer to help, there really wasn't anything else he could do. Staying in a cabin in the mountains is a wonderful experience and I'm sorry you missed the opportunity.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing