“Amazing House!!!”

Review of RACCOON'S REST

Exterior Front View at Raccoon's Rest
Main Level Deck with Seating at Raccoon's Rest Living Room with Fireplace at Raccoon's Rest
Check Availability
Game Room with Pool Table at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Hot Tub at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Patio Table and Rockers at Raccoon's Rest
Rear Deck at Raccoon's Rest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
T S
Urbana, Ohio
“Very Strong Mildew Odor”
Reviewed July 31, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We have this reserved for July 27 - 30. The last .3 tenths of a mile had a gravel rd that had been washed out terribly. We were in a CRV and scraped bottom in a couple places. Once at the cabin we opened the door and the mildew smell was awful. The lower level is a basement w/ narrow steep dark stairs ( no light) and the lower bathroom is very old and worn. Needs new caulking and the light cover was just hanging there. Shower curtain was mildewed as well. Carpet was very dirty and worn. Housekeeping came back and was shocked at how strong the smell was. Patriot Getaways should not manage this property anymore until these issues are resolved. Sadly we won't be staying in their cabins again because of this and the fact that they charged us an upgrade to move to the only cabin they had open. The move should have been at NO CHARGE.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Nice kitchen
Liked least: Dirty Mildew smell throughout the cabin. Second bedroom is in the BASEMENT
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Aug 9, 2016
I want to apologize for the ordor that was in Raccoon's Rest. I checked the surveys from recent guests and no one reported the problem. I will certainly have our housekeeping manager inspect the property. All our properties are privately owned and I will share your comments to the owner and make sure the complaints you mentioned are addressed. I apologize for these issues and assure you we will take steps to see that they are fixed for future guests.
Andora B
“worst cabin rental ever!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Well let's start with spiders!! They were everywhere!! Every corner had a spider web along with a spider!! One almost fell on my head in the shower!! Then there was the stinch of urine all throughout the place!! The "screened in porch" was attached by duct tape with the holes filled in with newspaper!! My kids were to scared to even sleep downstairs!! There was alsohuge millipedes crawling all over the place!! We saw a couple of salamanders on the back porch, which freaked my kids out!! I understand we are in the mountains but this was not my first cabin experience, I've never stayed in a cabin that a company neglected the upkeep on like this before!! Were wanted to grill out but couldn't due to the extremely large spider that was living on it!! Then the game room TV would not work, you couldn't even play pool because the room was so small your stick hit the walls. My kids didn't get to go in the hot tub due to all the millipedes in and around it. There was also ants everywhere. Most uncomfortable beds/pillows ever. None of us slept all 3 nights due to being uncomfortable and scared to death a spider was going to drop on our head in our sleep.. We kept the lights on at all times. We were so disappointed with this stay :( never again!! Also there is no hairdryer as stated so please bring your own... We really debated on getting this cabin or splurging on a slightly bigger/better one... Don't stay here it's worth the extra 50-100$ to get a nice cabin somewhere else. I would not recommend this cabin to anyone. We never had contact with the company throughout the entire stay.. There was no "I hope you enjoyed your stay" you call a number, get your key code and that's it, you don't see or speak to anyone. So if you're sending on this cabin or a different one, I would definitely not choose this one!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: going home
Liked least: bugs/smell
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Selma Al
Reviewed March 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Best Regards,

Older travelers
SC
Reviewed August 24, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;