“Never Again”

Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Bristol, Tennessee
“Never Again”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Staff friendly. But, room in general state of disrepair. Definite plumbing problems with water not draining from tub, no way to retain water in sink, commode outdated and had to sit carefully as seat would "slide" creating possible pinching hazard. Also, tank did not fit the commode seemingly to be precariously balanced. Tub was either very old and/or dirty and shower curtain was badly stained. Also, we had to us a piece that was no longer attached to the heat/AC to keep curtains in place for privacy as the AC/heat unit blew straight up causing the curtains to billow out from the window, i.e., no privacy at all. In addition, the room was either too hot or too cold - no consistent control of the temperature.

Upon arrival, water in sink was very slow in getting hot. On morning of departure, there was NO HOT WATER TO SHOWER WITH. Entire facility in dire need of repairs and upgrades. This was a family weekend getaway with two rooms being booked. In one of the rooms, the tub would not drain from showers the previous evening.

We were informed it was the company's policy to not offer refunds or compensation in any way. Needless to say, some members of our party had to choice but to start their day and drive home without bathing. We will NEVER consider choosing this hotel again if we visit Pigeon Forge again.

I hope this is not an example of most hotels in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank RL A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We regret staying at Briarstone Inn trying to save $$. Never again! We read trip advisor reviews too late. Headboard was balancing on mattress so we didn't know it was in need of repair until we went to bed and the headboard went on tilt. King bed - shot mattress - sagging in middle. Uncomfortable! Sheet wouldn't stay on bed - too small. Carpeting very stained. Tub mat/towel was covering burn marks on bathtub. Worse, though, was the scum and discoloration on the bottom of the shower curtain. Yuck! Coffee maker was missing from room. After waiting about 1.5 hours. - went to front desk. One man operation - was checking out pot to see if it worked before he brought it up. We didn't see any bugs but felt icky staying here anyway. Entire place needs a facelift. Run, run as fast as you can. Don't stay here ! PS. Forget about hotel breakfast - joke - packaged small muffin/role. Oh... Also looked like electrical prob with hair dryer. Black around outlet and end of cord.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Krbart

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The beds were uncomfortable an the internet couldn't get on they didn't have good breakfast an the service of the people weren't friendly. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.They wouldn't fix it where we could get on the internet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim W
Kingsport
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The evening manager was nice enough but unfortunately that was the high point of our stay. Things went down hill quickly when we entered the room which resembled the set for a Brady Bunch show. As a previous evaluator wrote, the furniture and bedding looked like it hadn't been upgraded since it opened. One flood lamp on the wall was missing a bulb. Perhaps it was better that the room wasn't fully illuminated The four poster bed looked like someone had been doing chin ups on the cross piece or perhaps something worse than that. I would have liked to see what caused the damage or perhaps I wouldn't. One of the finals on the bed post was missing and another cock eyed. The soap bars were so thin you could practically see through them. That is if you were able to open the shrink wrapped cover. The one shampoo packet was a marketing sample like you get in the mail and again impossible to open unless you had a sharp object to pierce it. I presume that they save a lot of money in providing soap and shampoo that are unusable. I characterize the room as basically clean,. However, on checkout we found that one neatly folded hand towel on the rack that we hadn't used had fresh blood drops on it. Obviously, it had never been washed since Mr. Brady cut his face shaving. The day manager was sort of non-committal when I mentioned the hand towel. She indicated that she would mention this to her husband. presuming he is the manager, Perhaps he is the individual who cut his face while shaving in my room. if you reach the conclusion that in the future I won't stay at the Briarstone then you pass the quiz.

Room Tip: Remodel or demolish the Briarstone.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
Manchester, Kentucky
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Briarstone Inn is OK. It was a last resort due to our usual hotels booking and restrictions during a car show. The manager of Briarstone was very helpful in that he let us make a reservation for only 1 night when the policy for car show dates is a minimum of two nights stay. The staff was very friendly. The hotel just needs some updating and the rooms could use a deep cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the "strip". Then you can wach all the happenings going on.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We needed some place cheap and this was what I came up with. I have to say though I was pleased. We have children and the ramp up to the third floor was actually a great thing for us. There was a slight problem with one of our rooms and it was fixed immediately. Everyone was very friendly. The location is good. And the Ihop next door was the best Ihop I have ever been to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Woodruff, South Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

years ago we stayed here and it was a nice motel.When we stayed here in Oct.it had changed owners.The reason I made reservations here was because, of course, it was cheaper..I always stay at the CREEKSTONE INN, but when I called Missy Grooms, to make a reservation for 3 nights, it was just tooooo high on my salary..OCTOBER and weekend rates applied so I told her no.Didn't need to sit on balcony this time of yr and watch kids play in creek.So started looking for something cheaper.But decided to call CREEKSTONE one night myself."Can't make a reservation for you..."Called Missy back and she didn't know either the reason.So ended up at BRIARStone.Big Mistake.Had 2 rooms and when we checked in the room smelled so bad that I went down to office and asked for room deodorizer and they came and sprayed our 2 rooms and the one next to us.Still smelled.The comforters on the beds must have been there from the time the motel was built.Faded out so bad looked like they were dirty.Probably were.I asked for a extra blanked.It was so wrinkled it looked like they did it on purpose.Then we had tickets for THE SMITH FAMILY (great dinner theater) with an hr.My door would NOT lock.Called again.A little lady who I found out later spoke no English came down to look at it.Like she knew what to do.Finally got that fixed.Now breakfast there is a joke.A donut and a cup of coffee.If you get there before the box is gone.On Sat.got up went down at 7:25 AM to get our one donut and coffee and lobby is locked.No one there.7:25 AM....Is "breakfast" ready after he finally opened the door.About 15 mins. So I walked to to IHOP and bought our breakfast...Never say never..But I hope I never have to stay there again.Guess I will just have to call Missy again.Still don't know why after staying for years at Creekstone, why they wouldn't make a reservation for me...

Room Tip: check for bedbugs.security and location.make sure locks work.accessible to what you want to do.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends