“DONT STAY HERE”

Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Ocoee, Florida
“DONT STAY HERE”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked my room weeks in advance because my elderly mother can't walk, I was promised on the phone ( I called the hotel personally) that I would get the bedroom with the 3 queens beds on the ground floor plus because I was checking in on a Wed I would be getting 2 tickets to Hillbilly dinner show I called the night before to confirm everything only to be told that my room would be on the THIRD floor, they have a ramp that mom could walk up, MY MOM CAN BARELY walk. after I get there had to argue with the owner was told they never hold on certain rooms because it wouldn't be fair to other guests. Finally he "comp" us a second room Which after talking to other guests I found out I was paying twice as much as everyone else so it wasn;t really a comp BUT was told constantly that for the last 10 years a 90 years old woman makes in up the ramp to the same room (OH DIDN:T YOU SAY YOU CAN:T SAVE A SPECIFIC ROOM FOR ANYONE). In the teenagers room in the 5 days we stayed there they killed 4 spiders. One of the beds broke in the middle of the night, Thank you Sonny and Haesad for coming in a trying to fix it, the rest of the stay my daughter's bed was propped up with boxes of bathroom tiles.The owner informed me he saw the girls (ages 14) jumping on the bed the only problem was I had closed both drapes so that no one could see in. The girls were cussed at by the night clerk, which so very uncalled for and rude. I informed the owner only to be told she never cusses YET BOTH OF MY GIRLS TOLD ME THAT SHE SAID OH HELL NO. NOT ACCEPTABLE IN MY MIND. YOU DONT TREAT TEENAGERS OR ANYONE THAT IS YOUR GUESTS LIKE THAT. yO ARE WONDERING IF IT WAS SO BAD WHY STAY, BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT REFUND ME MY MONEY WITHOUT A 48 HOURS NOTICE THEN YOU GOT CHARGED A FEE FOR CANCELLING. THE ONLY GOOD THING I CAN SAY ABOUOT THIS HOTEL IS THE FRONT DESK CLERK IN THE DAYTIME PATTY, VERY FRIENDLY,HELPFUL, I WILL BE GOING BACK TO PIGEON FORGE WILL NOT STAY HERE BUT WILL STOP BY TO SAY HELLO TO PATTY BREAKFAST,COFFEE AND DANISH,DONUTS ONLY, I DON;T DRINK COFFEE NOR TEENAGERS WAS TOLD WELL NEXT DOOR IS GOLDEN CORRAL AND IHOP, GO THERE, THEY DON;T HAVE TO HAVE ANYTHING. DO THEY NOT REALIZE THAT THE COMP BREAKFAST SAVES FAMILIES MONEY THAT THEY CAN USE ON THEIR TRIP, so fellow travelers, don't I repeat do not stay in this hotel unless it is the only one left,better yet go to another close town to avoid staying here

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Itmann, WV
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just got back from staying here and I would like to say that the staff was very friendly and the room was nice. The only complaint I have is you pay $15 a night for a pet friendly room and they won't even come in your room and clean or anything you have to do it all your self. I had to go and get the stuff we needed from housekeeping or at the front desk. I have stayed at other pet friendly hotels and never once did I have to do it all myself and there fee was not as high as this place. Plus we had a no smoking room but yet you can smell smoke bad and I kept a headache just about the whole time we was there, and they need to clean on there pool a little more than they do. I usually don't post hotel reviews but I felt that this needed to be posted so that way people will know ahead of time...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Geneva C
Bluff City
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My granddaughter and I love to go to Pigeon Forge. Our last trip we stayed at the Briarstone Inn and we were very pleased. The room was clean and affordable, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpfull. We will stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Williamson, West Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband & I started staying at the Briarstone Inn in Feb 2007, Our Honeymoon.. We also attend the Spring Rod Run every year and really like the fact that the rooms are clean, the staff is super and the front desk clerk is great.. We like the fact that we can park our vehicle and not have to move it the whole time we are there, if we don't want to.. We can walk to just about everything we want.. The Hotel is between IHOP & Golden Corral who could ask for more than that. We will stay at the Briarstone Inn every time we go to Pigeon Forge : ) If they will have us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Connie R
Richmond
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Pigeon Forge! Staff is friendly an helpful. The manager, Perry, is always on hand, if you need anything. Clean, economical, and well located! We will definitely stay there again. I recommend the Briarstone Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Shari1955
briarstoneinn, Owner at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much ! We hope to see you soon in the Smoky Mountains.
Sevierville
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have family come into town quite frequently. My Sisters chose the Briarstone Inn on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. The hotel looks amazing and has freshly been painted and is nestled between my two favorite places. The IHOP and the Golden Corral.
Needless to say, I decided to stay in the room with my family and pretend I was on vacation as well.
The convenience and location was great because my sisters have animals and the hotel was pet friendly. The Patriot Park is in walking distance across the street and the Food City across the street as well. Dollywood has just opened and I will refer my hometown guests to this hotel.
Briarstone Rocks! Hotel is Clean, convenient

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Loudon, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here last week. We make regular trips to Pigeon Forge for a fun family atmosphere and this is one of our favorite hotels. The front desk clerk was amazing (as always), and helped us get checked in within minutes. It's been about a year since our last visit here and the rooms have completely taken me by surprise they have newly renovated; and what was alright before is now worth every penny and then some. I could not ask for a more family friendly comfortable place to stay. The rooms are clean and nice; the staff and owner are amazing; and if you need any extra blankets or towels they are there within minutes. I look forward to many more stays with Briarstone...and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family