“Very clean and friendly motel”
Review of Creekstone Inn

Creekstone Inn
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This was booked online, so we didn't know what to expect. The inn is located off the main road. Room 224 was a small room with little bathroom. This did not bother us since we stayed gone. The room was spotless and perfect. The housekeepers came daily to tidy the room. We had a great view of the river, ducks, geese and occasional crane. My kids enjoyed the pool, feeding the ducks. We used the vouchers for the pancake house it was good. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of Creekstone Inn. We are happy to hear that you got to enjoy all of the wildlife that often visit us at Creekstone Inn. It is great to hear that the kids had fun at the pool. We are glad you enjoyed the pancake breakfast at The Smoky Mountain Pancakes house. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I will start this by stating that we have been coming to Pigeon Forge on and off for over 20 years so I am no stranger to what the community offers which in our book is allot of fun, fresh mountain air, and relaxation.

Creekstone was a departure from the norm for us as we normally stay in chain hotels and high quality local properties such as the Music Road Hotel which is one of our favorites.

You never know when you find a diamond in the rough until you try something plus the property being on the river drew us to give it a try. I will try and categorize this review to cover all bases.

General and first impressions

This property is dated and much older than some in the area and lacks many ammenities that newer properties offer but for some people that is a desired trait. It is off the main road set back about a block but that allows you to be insulated from the road noise. It is a typical "motor lodge" style hotel with room doors exposed to the outside which is also part of its age. The property seemed moderately maintained considering its age.

The hotel is located across the river from the campground and your balcony is overlooking the river and the campground. For us overlooking the river was nice but NOT the camground and the noise eminating from it.

The hotel did offer intertubes for tubing in the river, this was the main draw for my daughter, which were checked out at the office. The only issue I had relating to the river was having no defined walkway down to the river bank. You had to walk over loose stone and rock which you had to be very careful where and how you walked. Potential for injury due to stepping on a loose stone and falling on rock is very high because of this. It wold have also helped if the hotel clerk would have warned us about Water Moccasins "Water Snakes" being in the river. These snakes are very aggressive poisenous snakes which can kill if the bite is not treated quickly enough. Our daughter was lucky to have missed one by about 6 feet and she was scared to go back in again.

Parking

Definately not enough and difficult. Parking is surrounding the small island office and pool area and two levels underneath the hotel itself. During our stay I parked in front of the pool and in the deck under the hotel. When I parked at the pool, I walked out the next morning to discover that I was tottally boxed in by other cars who had come in late and could not find a place to park. People had parked in spaces that were not parking spaces and in so doing kept me from safely moving my car for several hours. Parking in the deck also had its challenges. More often than not, I was forced to parallel park in the deck between two columns. Parallel parking is a challenge in itself but between two building columns!!

Hotel Staff

The staff we interacted with were all nice and professional and were attentive to us when we needed their services. Check-in and Check-out were pretty painless. The one negative is when I had car trouble while at the hotel and needed some help and they would not assist me in finding a shop to fix it or offer me tools to get the car drivable.

The Room

Room size was pretty typical for a hotel of this age and "Motor Inn" style. The room was definately dated and did have a moldy/musty odor to it when we walked in. Opening the balcony door and front door for a while to try and clear it helped but it was still evident. Our room was on the fourth floor and was in bed/bath/bed configuration which allowed our daughter to have her own space and my wife and I to have ours. We did like this configuration but my daughter did not like the 16" flat screen on the wall which in her defence was barely viewable from her bed let alone enjoyable to watch. The room for its datedness was kept clean and passed my wifes clean test. Bed comfort was poor as the mattresses were very firm but some people like that and in our case we do not.

Restaurant

Non-existent. They have apparently made some arrangements with a local restaurant to serve their customers but this is not free. They converted one of the rooms on the second floor to a breakfast area to try and compete with newer properties. This breakfast bar consisted of the typical continental breakfast of cerals, juice, milk, coffee, doughnuts, etc. Doughnuts were stale and hard and which made us wonder about the age and quality of the remainder of the food served.

Pool

The pool, outdoor, was nice and comfortable and enjoyed by all of us. It is located across the street from the hotel next to the office. It is average size for this type of property and seemed to be well maintained. More deck chairs and chaise lounges would be nice though along with offering hotel towels to dry off. The only negative here was when we had a group of 20 something guys come and rough housing in the pool, jumping in the pool from different directions, being loud, fowl, and rude, etc. We were forced to leave for safety sake on this occasion. The hotel does not apparently watch the pool area so it can easily become a free for all so use at your own risk.

Overall and Conclusion

Would we come back? The answer would be "maybe" but leaning toward no. The river here is the only draw to me but there are allot of negatives that cannot be overcome easily. If I cannot find a nicer property where I can tube and a goal for my family is to tube than I would return. Outside of that, we will go someplace else.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor where noise from the campground and the street are not as evident
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are off the main road a block and located on a natural flowing stream in which we offer our guest the ability to enjoy the scenery as it naturally exists. We are thankful that you found our staff helpful and friendly as we want our guest to feel at home. We are sorry if you had any difficulty with parking. Usually the two floors of parking plus the parking by the office is adequate for our guest, however, if you had a problem, we apologize and will evaluate your concerns. We apologize also if the two different options of free breakfast, either free hot pancakes at The Smoky Mountain Pancake House or an express breakfast for those on the go were not appealing. We are proud that you noticed that cleanliness is a must at our hotel. We thank you for your visit and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love the older hotels because they have more character. I also love the balconies overlooking the river- very relaxing. I noticed several reviews that complain about the fact that you are overlooking a campground- well Pigeon Forge is a congested place! There are rental cabins in the middle of nowhere that overlook nothing but nature, but this is in central Pigeon Forge. So really. I had a great time relaxing on the balcony and floating on the river. Also the breakfast was great, served with friendly southern hospitality by a really nice lady named Shelby Bristol. I am looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and thought the view was great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for writing a review for Creekstone Inn. Yes we are an older hotel, but we pride ourselves on having very clean rooms and a friendly staff. We are a unique hotel in that we are close to attractions; yet you can also get a taste of nature while you enjoy sitting on our balconies. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to Shelby as she will appreciate hearing them. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is one of the older ones, but clean and convenient. I would possibly stay there again, but certainly would NOT use the web site "BOOKING.COM". There is no provision to tell the booking site about military, AARP, or AAA. When I checked in, I asked about military discount (I have the other 2 memberships also), and it turns out that if I just had walked in without a reservation, I would have paid 20% less than with the BOOKING.COM The hotel said there was nothing they could do to help me. So for my stay, I paid a higher rate, which trickles down to higher taxes....just more money than I should have paid. Don't use BOOKING.COM

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We want to thank you so much for your recent stay with us. You are correct in saying that we are an older property but it is a must that we have a clean, comfortable, and safe place for our guests to relax and enjoy. Thank you again for pointing it out. We certainly hope that you enjoyed the free breakfast, or done some tubing down the river. We hope that you had some free time to just relax, enjoy a cup of coffee on the balcony while listening to the sounds of the natural wildlife along in the rippling river.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just read the August 12, 2013 review. I read several more. Small rooms no problem. Ran down motel, dirty bathrooms, drug house across the street or activity that calls for police is not acceptable. Please respond to the August 12, 2013 review and let potential patrons know if this was a disgruntled patron or if it is fact because it sounds like fact to me and that they were stuck. I am in need of my first vacation this year after working two jobs and daughter with brain surgery and spending time with her as she heals, I am planning a short stay at my favorite spot Pigeon Forge. We have booked our room with you as it looks like a peaceful clean place by your website. That is not what a recent patron says???? I am certainly not going to have a battle when I get there. If this is what I have to look forward to, I will cancel my reservation now. I appreciate a response from you that sells me your room, tells me I will be safe and in a clean and not run down place. Please respond.

Room Tip: this is a pre review. Sorry.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeannie A
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your concerns regarding your future stay with us. Safety for our guests is a top priority. We pride ourselves in having a safe and clean environment for all of our guests. To ensure that everyone is satisfied with their accommodations, our company has a satisfaction guarantee that allows the guest 30 minutes after check-in to evaluate the room and determine if it meets their needs. If the guest decides to check-out within the initial 30 minute time period, they will receive a full refund. We welcome you to call us with any concerns you would like to discuss regarding your reservation. To reach us, you can call the front desk directly at 865-453-3557 or I can be reached by email at creekstoneinn_gm@smokymountainresorts.com. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here fore one night as family with 2 kids. the room was okay. The split beds were a good Idea
Small bathroom.. Free parking. The view from the balcony was a campingplace next to the river.
Lucky the hotel is situated off the main road of a 'ceazy' town.

Stayed: July 2013
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. We love to hear the thoughts and opinions of our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed the split room which allows for privacy between the two beds. A camp ground does exist behind the property but hopefully you enjoyed the rippling river, with all its natural wildlife such as ducks, blue herons and maybe even did some free tubing. Thanks for noticing that we do offer free covered parking. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel was perfect! The location was off of the main drag and it was so relaxing. There is a small river and often we seen ducks crossing the road (which is unusual in the atmosphere of the busy town). The receptionist Jennifer was very nice and super helpful in assisting us with our room. The room was nice and clean with usual amenities like cable, microwave, and mini fridge. Plenty of towels and toiletries also. Comfortable queen bed. We will definitely stay here when we are in town again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Creekstone Inn. We are located one block off the main Parkway allowing for that feeling that you are in the mountains yet close to all the shops, entertainment and restaurants as well. We are glad you got to enjoy one of our most popular amenities, the ducks! Jennifer will be thrilled to hear that she was able to be of assistance to you during your stay. We look forward to your next trip to the Smokies!