“Decent place!”

Ranked #28 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Decent place!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Family stayed here 7/16/13 - 7/20/13 the staff is very friendly, the location great, I love the creek in the back. Feeding the ducks was a highlight! The decks on the rooms were a great place to relax after a busy day. I don't recommend checking out the breakfast. The donuts were a bit stale. My only other compliment was that the elevators are incredibly slow!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the bottom floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly enjoyed having you as a guest. We are so happy that our staff was friendly. Smiles are contagious! The river and the ducks is a highlight to so many. Hopefully you were able to go tubing down the river or do some fishing. We hope also that you got a chance to try the free hot pancakes offered at Smoky Mountain Pancake House as an alternative to the express breakfast. Thanks again for your review and visit us again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am OCD about cleanliness and my husband likes clean but is not OCD. So, I am going to incorporate both of our views in this review.

I hate hair, especially in a hotel or anywhere in which I do not know where the hair came from. There are two beds in the Queen rooms (standard) which is nice because the bathroom separates the two and provides a little more privacy than typical rooms. With that being said, the very first thing I did (bags were barely on the floor) was look over the beds to ensure they were clean, not stained, and no hair. The beds were made nicely and were "clean". However, the second bed was covered in hair. On the pillows, on the bed, etc. The first bed was not and acceptable to sleep in. My husband and I thought about reporting it for a couple of minutes and decided that we would not in fear that when they replaced the sheets, there would still be hair and it would be a waste of everyone's time. We also decided that since the fist bed was acceptable that we were not going to allow staff to change the sheets daily as normal in fear that the first bed would then be like the second bed. So...we left the DND tag on the door the entire time we were there. The towels were fine and did not have any hair on them and the bathrooms were clean and hair free.

The view was ok. Yes it is on a creek but right across from the creek is a campground. That was ok with us because I love the sound of the creek and the campground did not interfere with that. You can use the hotel's floats to float in the creek however my husband and I did not because it was pretty rocky and rough and we were unsure where you floated to and where you could come out at and how far that was from the hotel. It would have been nice to know all of that. We only knew about the floats from reading reviews online about the hotel.

The pool was nice and not overly crowded (even on the weekends) and is open late which is nice.

The breakfast is not much of a breakfast but they give guests coupons for one of the restaurants for a free stack of pancakes or $1 off any menu item. The restaurant was not all that great so the $1 off makes it not so bad. Not a restaurant I would return to though. Not only was the food mediocre at best, the bathrooms were disgusting which made me question the kitchen area where the food was being prepared.

Overall, it was a place to sleep but we would probably not return. I definitely wouldn't have paid full price. I got the deal online for attending a seminar about a timeshare.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bamtodabas
We are disappointed to hear of your expressed concerns. Cleanliness is a top priority and if the room did not meet your expectations, had we known, we would have tried to clean it to your expectations. We are sorry that the advertisement of the free floats found on many of our web was not able to catch your attention. I hope that you were able to readily see the floats upon arrival as they are located just outside the entrance of the main office. We are pleased however, that you enjoyed the river. It saddens us that that your expectations were not totally met and are evaluating how we can meet them better next time. Thanks again!
Molino, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Inn was nice, I loved the location. The only thing bad I can say is that on the first night we saw ants in our room. We stayed three nights and did not see them anymore. I also loved how the beds were split from each other. We came in really late and left really early Pat at the desk was very nice both times.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the end because I don't like hearing people come and go all night on...
1 Thank LovingLife649562
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Creekstone Inn. We are sorry to hear that upon check in that you had ants in your room, but was glad to hear that it was not a consistent problem during your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding Pat. He will enjoy hearing your comments. We hope that you will be our guest again on your next visit to Pigeon Forge!
Woodruff, South Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been staying in PF,TNN,at Creekstone INN,for years.Booking 2 rms at time.MissyGroome is an excellent person to talk to for groups.I love this motel because it is on the river & it is like 2 separate rooms with the BR separating the 2 beds.(Breakfast sucks,but love the place so we deal w/inst.grips & coffe)..If I won the lottery,I would still stay at this motel because we love the place and the balcony over the river.My family loves to tube and play in the river and watch the campfires across the river.Missy helps me because she knows my family's needs.Families that come there are quiet too. Thanks Missy for taking care of us.Ages 4 to 78.Pam PS if you've never stayed there you need to try it.

Room Tip: Bathroom between beds and makes it private rooms sorta.2 tvs,really clean..safety first.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peggy c
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Creekstone Inn. Creekstone Inn does offer a very unique split room design in that our beds are separated by the vanity and bathroom. Thank you for your kind words regarding Missy Grooms as she is a wonderful asset to our establishment. We are glad that you are part of our family and look forward to your next stay at Creekstone Inn.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed here with my family several times in years past. The last time I stayed I thought it was "ok". I LOVE the location! You are close to everything but still get the river/nature views from your balcony. I feel it does need to be updated, I honestly don't think I have seen a significant change in our 15 years of visiting. The free breakfast is really good and has a pretty good selection of things. Sometimes it is hard to find a parking spot but you will eventually find one. I do think the price is a little high for what you get. We did not try the tubing because we figured the ride would be too short because the hotel is close to the mill/waterfall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It greatly pleases us that you have stayed with us many times. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast, the balcony and river, wildlife and nature. We are happy that you also enjoy the feeling of being out in the country while still being near all attractions, restaurants, and shops. It saddens us that you did not recognize the updates that we have made even this year. Hopefully it was because you were simply having fun and enjoying your stay. We certainly enjoyed your visit again, and look forward to your return. .
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at Creekstone Inn for a few days prior to the 4th of July. We had the end room closest to the waterfall on the second floor and it was very nice. You could hear the waterfall at night while you were laying in bed and during the day, relax on the patio and watch the kids tubing down the Creek. The hotel offers free tubes for their guests. The split room was very nice. The only downsides are that the a/c is only on the side of the room where the door is so the patio side of the room doesn't get as much air. You also have to go into the room by the patio in order to get into the bathroom; the bathroom door is not centrally located. Our room was not ready when we arrived and could not get in until about 3:30 but the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast is basic but nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the end closest to the waterfall. It's very relaxing.
2 Thank Barbara B
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. Creekstone Inn does offer a unique split room design that is good for two couples or a family traveling with children. Thank you for your kind words regarding our housekeeping staff as they take great pride in providing very clean rooms to all our guests. We look forward to our next stay with us and hope that you have a wonderful summer!
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very welcoming. Excellent staff
I don't remember the ladies names that cleaned the room or served the breakfast but both were very nice and friendly. Pat checked us out when we were ready to leave and was very helpful. I wish we could have used the pool but it rained almost the entire time we were there. Nice location. Close to attractions.

Room Tip: Good room for two couples who want to share a room. Sink area separates the two Queen beds and both...
1 Thank Patty W
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Creekstone Inn. We are delighted to hear that our staff was able to answer all your questions and that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Pat. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Smokies!