“great stay”

Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #50 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We took our youth group from church from July 29th through July 31st. The past 2 years we have been real disappointed with our hotel choice so I was a little leery about reserving before i looked but through the website decided to choose this one, and boy was I glad. We got a King room and a one room suite, the rooms was nice, clean, bathrooms are huge in the suite. We had trip a long trip up due to interstate traffic(normally takes us 5 hours, took us 9 1/2 this time) so i was late when we arrived and check in was terrific. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check out was just as easy. The breakfast was exactly what I expected for being a "continental breakfast" but it held us over til lunch just fine. We will definatley consider this hotel again for the next trip. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mchapman76
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane

Reviewed July 11, 2007

July 10 - 12, 2007
We booked through choicehotels.com and also used our KY Farm Bureau Ins. membership. We received a 20% discount.
The room was on the 3rd floor near the office end accross from the pool. The room had 2 queens, a mini fridge, coffee pot, and microwave. When I book a room I expect it to be clean and everything work. This room was very clean and every thing worked just fine. This appears to be an older motel and could use some updating, but I'm only renting it and not buying it.. so that being said... I don't have to have the most modern facilities and froo-froo. I'm on vacation, I don't plan on spending all my time in the room... just need a comfy clean place to sleep. The mattresses were very nice and comfy. The pool looked great but by the time we got back from our outings it was pretty crowded and we opted to pass. Next door the Comfort Inn has an indoor pool that the Quality Inn patrons may use, you just have to walk the entire length of th parking lot to get to it. I only have a few complaints. The main complaint I have is that the door and the threashold did not meet, lacked a good 1/2 inch or better, which let in light, noise, and I only hope nothing else. Of course my husband said "That crack is big enough for a 'possum to crawl through". He exaggerates just a little bit. We usually never stay away from home with out our own pillows, well I messed up.. I forgot them. The pillows in the room looked so inviting, big, fluffy puffy white pillows.. then you put your head on them and you sort of bottomed out.. puffy was right. Kinda like a marshmallow when you smash it.. it goes flat. Well we remedied that.. we placed 2 pillows in one pillow case. That firmed them right up. The breakfast... my husband went down and checked it out... came back and said cereal and cold boiled eggs is all they had... (exaggerating again)... The boiled eggs were cold, they did have cereal, but they also had bagels and toast.... It was so-so. All and all it was clean and there were no 'possums sneak into our room and the price was reasonable. Next time we will probably book next door at the Comfort Inn or another choice hotel in the area but wont rule this one out 100% yet.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Room was very clean, bed was comfortable, Housekeeping did a good job with the daily cleaning, the pool was clean. We had a first floor room and it was quiet at night. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed June 26-July 1 2007. The location was great. Very reasonable price for the time we stayed. The only complaint I would have would be the bedding. The queen beds were uncomfortable but the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable. There were no sheets on the sofa bed or any extras for it. The indoor and outdoor pool were very over crowded at all times. I would stay again if they would upgrade there bedding.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2007

We stayed at this hotel June 2007. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were also very clean. The staff was extremely nice. The breakfast was ok but could have had more variety and a larger area to eat in. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 19, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this property June 13 - 17, 2007. The room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very nice and were very accomodating. For the price that we paid we were extremely happy. We will be staying at this hotel again when we return to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southridge53
Reviewed June 9, 2007

Mom & I stayed here on our annual trip to TN. The room was very clean and the staff very nice. Our room was on the second floor, close to the front. At night the people at the pool got a little noisy, and the sounds of the traffic were pretty clear, but not to the point it was a great disturbance. The cont. breakfast was enough to get you going or you could walk to the Denny's next door. The food there was actually pretty good.
The beds were very comfortable and the pillows didn't go flat once you put your head on them. We didn't use the pool, but it was clean, and the indoor pool at the hotel next door was available to guests.
I was pleased with our stay and would stay here again. Although I may request a room a little further towards the back.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family