“Excellent Choice for the Money - Highly Recommended”

Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Rooms were really clean and modern. Staff was very accommodating. We originally had a King Suite with a King bed and a King sofa bed. We requested to be moved to a room with two Doubles after the first night to make it more convenient and comfortable and they made the change with no questions asked. They had a wonderful hot breakfast with biscuits, gravy, eggs, oatmeal, waffles, fruit, yogart, cereal...way too much to mention (yes there's even more). We will definitely stay there again in the future. We have Tennessee Farm Bureau Insurance and received 20% off each night, which made an already good rate even better! We got to use the indoor pool and jacuzzi next door! What a trip!!

Thank you Quality Inn!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmiep73

Reviewed February 26, 2009

I've stayed in this hotel 5 times, but I had some problems this stay. Locked out of our room for about 1 hr. in 20 degree weather waiting on the staff to check the lock and change the batteries. Not the high degree of customer service I've had in the past. I will mention that they credited me one night's stay after I voiced my concerns. Next time we will stay at the Super 8 next door. I checked the rooms and they are newer and larger for the same price.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank blcpearl
Reviewed October 5, 2008

This was my first experience with a Quality Inn, and my impressions are mixed.

The hotel is located across the street from Dollywood Lane and is within a few miles of just about everything you would visit in Pigeon Forge. Weekday rates are excellent, although higher on the weekend. Dennys Restaurant is next door and there is a pool available as well. When you walk into the room, they leave an open Bible on the table which I thought was pretty cool. The neon sign also has "Trust in God" as part of its message display.

However, there were a few somewhat minor issues that affected my ranking. The parking lot was very crowded and difficult to find parking if you returned late. The rugs evidently had not been cleaned because my daughter's white socks became very dirty after walking around in only one evening. Breakfast also was disappointing. There was not much room and the options were not very good. It becomes difficult when you have a desire for a healthy breakfast and, except for the Raisin Bran, turns out to be completely devoid of fiber. Finally, they charged me $1.50 per day for a safe which I did not use and did not request. It seems that they put them in the rooms whether or not you use it just so they can charge you for it. This seems to be a pattern in the Choice Hotel group.

Despite these issues, I was able to enjoy my stay in Pigeon Forge, although if I decided to return I would look at other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank NJ-Tennessean
PFTravler, Owner/Partner at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2009

Hello,

My name is Ken Maples, owner/partner of the Quality Inn & Suites @ Dollywood Lane in Pigeon Forge, TN. I want to apologize for your recent experience/stay at our property. I assure you that I/we will discuss your comments/findings with the GM/staff concering the rugs and breakfast. We strive to offer clean & comfortable rooms for our guest but will admit that we at times are not aware of all the issues that need attention. I want you to know that we take guest comments/suggestions very seriously and I/we appreciate you taking the time to offer these comments so that we can address these matters. I also appreciate your comments about the open Bible and sign as this is something we believe in at our properties! I hope you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust in a future stay in Pigeon Forge, TN. If you wish you may contact me at my email address - kenlmaples@aol.com

Ken Maples

Reviewed April 12, 2008

We booked at the Comfort Inn (sister motel next door) for three nights and upon arrival I was told we were the last ones to check in (at 5pm) and the last room had a plumbing issue). Little did the lady at the desk know, but I was standing off to the side while she helped the person in front of me and heard her tell him it was the last room and they had over booked.

The lady was very nice and asked if I minded if she booked us at the Quality Inn. That was fine since they are owned by the same.

Ok, now on to Quality Inn. Lady at the front desk was pleasant. We got a 1st floor room, which was the physically closest to the Comfort Inn's indoor pool. Again, since they are owned by the same, she suggested we use their breakfast area and could use the pool as well.

Pool - - Indoor pool was CROWDED each night so we went to the outdoor pool which was larger, had a kiddie pool, and a hot tub. This pool was not nearly as crowded and was perfectly fine.

Atmosphere - - Was quiet, well maintained exterior, as my first overnight experience to Pigeon Forge I was a little freaked out by the amount of people who hang out on their balcony and talk to their neighbors. A mixture of different people. I felt safe with having my wife and two daughters (4 and 4 months) there.

Parking - - Parking lot was always full and was fairly well lit and seemed to be recently paved (within last year or so).

Breakfast - - We never got to it and did a Pancake restaurant and McD's another day.

Room - - Ok, we got a suite with 2 queen beds. We had a fireplace, sofa, table, desk, 2 beds, dresser, fridge, microwave, sink, and bathroom. Never sat on the sofa, but was perfect for putting our bags on :). I am guessing that the 4' x 4' wall that separated the sofa from the bed made this a suite. The desk was adequate for the laptop, the 25" TV actually had a great picture and their were TONS of channels. The refrigerator was a dorm-type, but was COLD and AWESOME to have ice cold drinks!!!!

Beds - - Ok, I am used to a king-size bed and these seemed really small....almost like a full. The mattress was adequate and I woke up every morning with aches (but I have a bad back anyway). The sheets and pillows were really surprising and I would put them up there with Hampton Inn's new bed and the Westin's awesome bedding.

Bathroom - - Ok, here are my pet-peeves in a hotel/motel bathroom....old looking and outdated. This room had double doors to the bathroom that had windows in them. If you want privacy...this isn't it. The whielpool tub/shower was HUGE and drained well and the showerhead was fine with a strong flow. The sink area was SMALL and the mirror was old and starting to loose its "reflecting" on the edges...the toilet was a toilet. Overall, the bathroom was outdated, but it functioned and seemed clean.

Carpet - - I am sure it doesn't cost much too much to clean carpets and ours was dirty. So much so that we all wore our flipflops at all times. if not, our socks or feet would be black.

Restaurants - - Denny's right there (I could have thrown a rock and hit it), Pizza Hut, Corky's, Baskin Robbins, and several others within 2 blocks each way and on the same side of the street. Food City (grocery store) is a block down on the other side.

Overall - - Seemed clean, was actually surprised at how quiet the room was (rarely heard anyone nextdoor or upstairs. The outside was clean and freshly painted. For the price, $60-$70 range, it was fine. My only issue of staying here again would be the bathroom, but that is just my hang up - I expect my bathrooms to be as nice as or better than my home's bathroom. Great location to Dollywood and to Gatlinburg!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Dawgfan1606
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was a little skimpy. Indoor pool at Comfort was nice but very cold walking across Quality Inn parking lot to shared indoor pool.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MayorofPossumKingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2007

I made the mistake of paying more for this motel because it included the use of next-door Comfort Suites' indoor pool & spa....which both turned out to be under-heated & in need of tile scrubbing (the pool was VERY cold). Breakfast is typical carbs, and the desk clerk won't allow any to be brought back to your room. There is insufficient parking (even off-season), and the maid just barges in without knocking. Quality Inns aren't what they used to be, especially the older ones. Room rates skyrocket on the weekends, so plan your trip accordingly.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank antq
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Booked a king suite w/fireplace and hot tub -- room definitely needed updating. Poorly lit room, faucet dripped, lamps were hanging off wall. Not enough parking so we ended up in "overflow" very far from the motel. Heating unit made loud noises all night long. Our worn out room looked like it saw its better days some time in the 70's. But it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Basic accommodations, but we would look elsewhere next time for something newer and less depressing.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business