“Clean and close to attractions”

Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #49 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Orlando, Florida
“Clean and close to attractions”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Room was very clean, staff was very nice and it was close to attractions and shopping. It had a restaurant right on the property, which made it easy to grab a quick meal without driving somewhere because the traffic was horrible.
We were on the third floor but there was an elevator so we didn't have to carry everything up stairs - thank goodness!
We had the option of using the indoor swimming pool at the hotel next to the property but it was freezing to us Floridians so we didn't use it but we did see several people in it each day.
There was plenty of parking and even though it was on a busy road, it was not noisy at all.

Room Tip: If you are traveling in the colder months and interested in using the heated swimming pool next door...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinggrandma001
LauraA3756, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We are so happy you found Quality Inn at Dollywood Lane to your liking. We hope that you will consider us for all your future stays in Pigeon Forge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Grundy, Virginia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed here several times and have enjoyed it for the most part. After checking in, the front desk usually calls your room within 20 minutes to see if there is anything they can do for you. I highly recommend getting a suite especially if you have more than 3 people in your group. The bathrooms are huge and the whirlpool jet tub is awesome. Plus you get a fireplace and sofa with a suite. The rooms are always very clean. The location of the hotel is a huge plus for me. It's right across the street from Dollywood, which is always the highlight of my family's visits. It's also nice to be able to walk across the road to Dixie Stampede for a great show and meal and then walk back without having to fight the traffic. Denny's is next door as well. The last couple of visits I've noticed the rates have increased a ton. The last stay was around $120 per night and thats during the winter season when the outdoor pool and hot tub are shut down obviously. You can use the indoor pool and hot tub next door at the Comfort Inn but it gets very crowded especially during the cold months. When in season, the outdoor pool and hot tub Quality Inn provides are very nice. There's a small children's play section where they can step in a foot of water and run under a series of water fountains and other water sprayers. Shoot it's fun for the adults too. lol. I feel like the rate should be around $90 per night at the most considering the room, breakfast, amenities, etc. They were booked up during my stay on December 28, 2012. So if they're actually renting out all the rooms at $120 a night, I'd keep charging that much too! It was very noisy during my last stay but that is expected when all 125 rooms have been booked. The WIFI has not worked the last couple times I've stayed. I guess everyone was trying to connect at the same time. But I have 3G on my iPhone so I can have Internet access that way so not a big deal.The breakfast is not very good in my opinion. My father and wife enjoy it though so everyone has their own opinion with food obviously. The biscuits are frozen and could use an extra minute or two in the oven. The gravy is awful. I guess by being a southern man I've had my share of excellent gravy and this is not it. Again only my opinion but my wife and father enjoy it. The make it yourself waffles are great as well as the fresh donuts and danishes. Be prepared to take your food back to your room because seating is very very limited. The standard rooms are okay but if that is what you want then I'd recommend you stay at Mountain Aire Motor Inn instead. Mountain Aire is half the price and their standard rooms are nearly the same as Quality Inn. Mountain Aire is very clean but they don't have breakfast, hot tub, only an outdoor pool is available (no indoor). When staying at Quality Inn, I highly recommend you bring your own pillows!!! Their pillows are small, square shaped. The water pressure in the showers are okay but the water sometimes will suddenly get very hot (or cold) for a second and then go back to normal.

Overall, I do enjoy the hotel. The location, the suites, pools & hot tubs, are great. But if I'm going for a quick trip to Pigeon Forge for a day or two and I want to cut back on costs, I tend to stay at Mountain Aire instead. Like I said, Mountain Aire does not offer breakfast or a hot tub but I can live without those two things when the nightly rate is only around $50. When I have extra money to spend and I want the luxury of the hot tubs, larger suite, the great location, the breakfast for my father and wife, then I stay at this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Definately get a suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vatraveler48
Blacksburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The size of the king suite was nice. My favorite thing about this room was the gas fireplace with couch sitting area. This suite also has a huge whirlpool tub in a rather large bathroom. I was really disappointed with the decor, because the room has a plain standard hotel look (other than the smoky mountain map over the fireplace).Be sure to get the suite with a fireplace, if you’re looking for any kind of “mountain feel” in the room. This hotel as a whole seemed to be in good condition and clean. There is an indoor pool you can use, but it is located in the hotel next door. I would say for the money this is a good "middle of the road" hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the suite with a fireplace, if you’re looking for any kind of “mountain feel” in the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
east coast
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at this Quality inn as its close to Dollywood where we were going for the day with 3 kids. Got a suite that had a couch. The room was huge. Walked into big room with 2 big beds. big bathroom. Then the other room had a little kitchenette, kitchen table, couch with coffeetable. Slept 5 folks really well. The only complaint was the heater did not seem to warm the room well enough (320). Breakfast was decent. Area to eat was small and crowded though. Would stay again.

Room Tip: suites are nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Telford, Tennessee
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This was actually our third stay at this QI in PF. We always come back because of the big, clean, comfy room. Friendly service, & its location. The free breakfast saves us money, & its pretty good. I've had worse paying high prices at restaurants. We always ask for the same room...it faces the highway (balcony faces the road) so it gets a little noisy, but doesn't bother us enough to not req the same room. :)

• Stayed September 2012
Salem
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend and were pleased with the service and friendliness of the staff. Our room was clean, neat and spacious with plenty of room to put our luggage. We were a little shocked that the hotel rooms open to the outdoors, but it was fine. The breakfast in the morning was standard fare and the dining area was quite crowded with only about 12 tables and no overflow room. We were forced to take our breakfasts back to our room to eat a couple mornings since there was nowhere to sit. This hotel is affiliated with a Comfort Inn across the parking lot and guests are allowed to use the indoor pool at Comfort Inn if they like.

Room Tip: We were in room 320 which was at the corner of the building in a little alcove so no one walked dire...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The stay here at Quality Inn was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Immediately after checking in and going to our room, we decided to go out for dinner and when we got back we had a message on our phone asking us if everything was satisfactory and if the staff could do anything to make our stay more pleasant to call the front desk. The breakfast consisted on scrambled eggs, biscuit and gravy, waffles, muffins, orange juice and coffee. If they had sausage or bacon it would have been excellent but it was satisfying. The only negative that I saw was the bathroom was small but o.k. but it needed some touch up work in it. The maid service was great and the room was vacuumed each morning we were there. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Pigeon Forge.The location was great with Dollywood in walking distance and restaurants in walking distance also. Conveniant to shopping areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple