The main thing to bear in mind is that this is an older property. It was designed for an earlier generation of traveler. But while the property is older, this has some advantages. For example our room was huge. We had a "family suite" which included 2 queen beds, 1 double pull out sleeper sofa, a 2 person jacuzzi tub, and a fireplace. It was clean and well-maintained. This is frequently a concern we have with older properties, but there was no issue here. In addition, we had a small microwave and refrigerator. There was plenty of space for our stuff and for us to move around. There as also a large in-room safe. The rooms do have exterior doors, but the parking lot and all entrance areas were well lighted. We felt no discomfort there.The bathroom was huge. It was nice having room to move around. (This may have been because of the whirlpool tub.) Also, the room was clean.
The breakfast was good, but there was not much seating. (Again, the motel was built before complimentary breakfasts were standard.) However, the very nice lady in the breakfast area was quite helpful in providing suggestions on how to best take our breakfast back to the room. They had the usual assortment of pastries, a waffle maker, fruit, coffee, milk, juice, biscuits and sausage gravy, cereal, eggs, and yogurt.
The heated pool is in the Comfort Inn, next door. The children enjoyed it. Towels were provided so you didn't have to take ones from the room.
There is a Denny's restaurant in the parking lot. Nearby are Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Marble Slab Creamery. (By nearby, I mean within 100 yards or so.) There were others relatively close by, (including a Krispy Kreme) but it was cold and I didn't want to go too far.
The front office staff was very friendly and responded to our questions and needs. The previous visitors left the in-room safe locked. I asked about this at the office, and someone came to our room within 20 minutes.
The purpose of our trip was to visit Dollywood. This motel it located where DollyWood lane intersects the Parkway. This is very convenient when leaving the theme park after a long day.
In summation, it was a nice motel to stay in, and an EXCELLENT value for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kids heated splash pool, outdoor heated pool and hot tub, indoor pool and hot tub, full hot breakfast, king/queen beds, trolley service, refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board, microwave, 32" flat panel TV in every room, restaurants, Dollywood Lane/traffic light 8, value vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites At Dollywood Lane
- Quality Inn & Suites At Dollywood Lane Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Quality Inn Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Quality Inn