“Corporate has no clue” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains
FLORIDA
“Corporate has no clue”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We needed to exchange one of our timeshare through Interval International for a unit that could handle 8 people and this resort offered us that. We immediately reserved it only to find out upon our arrival that a mistake was made and the unit only could handle 6. They refused to admit that they made the mistake as we later figured out that the unit we reserved was a 2 bedroom with a lock-off unit attached and they rented our lock-off to another couple. The office is run by the timeshare sales agents and they leave early so when we arrived we were left with 8 people and 6 beds and no help until the following morning when the office opened. The next morning we were told that we could leave and find another place to stay at our expense? Having no other recourse we went out and purchased blow-up beds. The unit itself was modern and clean but you could see it was constructed very poorly....tiles lifting, faucets hanging on by a thread etc. I was under the impression that we would be in the mountains but our view was of a huge parking lot. We knew that there was something strange going on when we saw all the sales agents available to sell you a timeshare and we watched the entire week as there were huge machines on the property to make you think they were actually building units when not one of the machines actually moved the entire week.....we did go back to another resort 8 months later and took a ride by this resort and the machines were still in the same spot and nothing had been worked on since our prior visit. Our first clue should have been when we arrived and the only sign for the resort was a board with a sheet of plastic with writing on it saying the name of the resort. I did contact their main corporate department in Branson Mi and they seemed helpful but had no clue as to what was happening in Tenn. nor did they make any apologizes for any problems that happened there; they acted like it was some distance disturbance that didn't concern them. I would not recommend this 2 building resort to purchase or rent or exchange.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay; May I suggest "American Mountain Rentals" 800-508-6070
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank CHERYLYNMAC
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are sorry your accommodations weren't to your satisfaction. Our 2 bedroom cabins sleep up to 6. Construction at our Tennessee property is ongoing in accordance with our current development plans. We wish you the best of luck in your travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Calera
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I bought in to the hype after the presentation. I purchased a timeshare with The "2 cabin under construction" Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains in November, 2012. Today is May 29, 2013. I am unable to book a rental and the wonderful gentleman in reservations has NO RECORD of me at all!!!!! But SOMEONE has had a record with MY BANK ACCOUNTover the past 6 months!!! Calls all day for 3 days to 3 different customer service numbers with no answer and no call backs!! THIS IS TRULY A CLASS I NEED TO DROP!!! I look forward to one of the "managers" response.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank FinallyLiving
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We are so sorry for your less than perfect experience trying to make a reservation. We want to get this issue resolved for you right away. Please call Owner Services right away at 1-866-894-9700 so we can get you and your family traveling!
Culpeper, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We purchsed her and traded up in 2012. We felt that the porperty was nice and we looked forward to the use of our points. Part of the package was the use of Interval porgram. When I called to make reservations first the guy booked me in Branson. Then when I called to fix it I was told there was no rooms in Pigeon Forge untill November. They said lets check the Interval program, you guessed it no rooms till November. I called and asked for the guy who sold it to us to call. It has been over a week and never heard from him. Called again and they said a manger would call, it has been 2 days and still no call. This is the first time we have owed any thing like this. We are very disapointed. We have been making our payments each month with the money we would normaly use for a place to stay on vacation and now it is looking like we will not be able to use it. My sugestion to others, RUN! Pastor Fincham

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank PASTOR F
We are so sorry your first experience trying to make reservations was less than perfect, reservations are on a first available basis. Please keep in mind that reservations during peak travel season should be made as early as possible. One of our travel advisors will be contacting you today to help you make your travel arrangements. In the interim, please feel free to call Owner Services at 1-866-894-9700 for any assistance, we are here to help!
Sellersburg, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

As an owner the accommadations were nice however the amenities were what slacked.What I mean is we arrived and checked in at 4pm.When we got to the room we had noticed that there wasn't any toilet tissue.We called the office to ask them for some toilet tissue and extra towels.The guy we talked to said he would bring some up to us.Long story short at about 5 pm we left to go to town .We ended up buying toilet tissue.When we got back we called him and he said we should have stopped because he was still at the office.We went down thinking we were getting tissue and towels and he said he had to find some because they had no maid service on the weekends.We said ok...We never got the towels instead we went and bought laundry detergent and washed towels everyday for 4 days.We only had 4 wash clothes and maybe 6 towels.I felt like that we were on vacation and should have not had to wash towels daily.I felt like that weekends were a time to have maid service,we were told because they only had 3 units that they didnt employ service on the weekends...not my problem.We go on vacation to get away from the daily chores and relax not do laundry and go to the store and buy toiletries.We became an owner in November of 2011 and this was our first visit in September of 2012.We left a comment card completed back and front and never received any response. Not a good impression to start off with for new owners.....The Arnolds

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank raymonda222
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations, and we are very sorry you had a negative experience receiving supplies for the weekend. We are very concerned that your experience was less than wonderful, and be assured we are addressing these issues and will have them corrected before your next stay. We appreciate all input and look forward to impressing you on your next visit!
Richlands, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We live close to Pigeon Forge and own property at a near by lake and wanted a "cheap" cabin rental for a long weekend and me and my family chose to use this timeshare company. We purchased a new construction lease in 2008 and returned for our purchased 4 day 3 night package in 2009 to find the sales pitch had moved from the Beltz mall to a metal on site building yet no other construction and the talk of permits being revoked resulting in delays in building, We were told a waterpark would be built and ready for use with in the next 12-18 months and the maintaince fees were less than DollywoodSplash country tickets, so reluctantly I agreed to the take no for an answer salesman for what i was told was a time share in Piegon Forge...you know where I had just toured and been at for 4 hours. WRONG I was sold a time share in Branson MO and then was told when attempting to use it that i have to pay $174 to go anywhere else ( even to the un built resort at Pigeon Forge) and anyplace i tried to book was not available when i needed it or was told it was in too high demand. All me and my family wanted was to use a resort in Piegon Forge and use a water park and niether exist. I have tried for over three years to use this "owner ship" and have made my payments only to realize I am just loosing money and feel so stupid as I believe this is fraud. When visiting the site there is STILL no rental properties on site ,only show models and a hole with dirt moved monthly to appear that a water park is being constructed. TOTAL DISGUST is my feelings NOT PLEASED and WILL NOT RECOMMEND to anyone. The Interval Gold side of this "owner ship" is nice but not Surey Grand Crowne who by the way sold out and changed their names in this process. URGH!!! looking for lawyer for possible breech of contract. And I have called customer services with only consultation given was a offer for an additional cruize ( where you pay your own way to the dock and port charges) or extra nights stay....cant even use cause as stated above!

Room Tip: Do not use this company they will have you stay at another companys cabins cause theirs is not built...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Crystal_Tennessee
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very sorry for your negative experience with our company. Pigeon Forge is our newest resort and in the earliest phase of construction with 3 buildings completed so far. Resorts with multiple buildings and swimming pools, hot tubs, recreational facilities, etc. take years to build. This location opened the on-site sales center in May 2009 and finished completion of the latest cabin in February 2012. Until the recreational facilities can be completed, guests can use the convenient facilities across the street at the Pigeon Forge Community Center. All amenities are free to our guests with the exception of the Bowling Alley. We of course would like the chance to address your concerns, please call our Customer Service department at 1-866-894-9700 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST. We wish you and your family the best of luck in your future travels and look forward to hearing from you!
Athens, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Recently visited the Lodges and found them to be a large group of salespersons selling a huge bag of lies.Don't trust these people, even to watch your kids while they attempt to sell you on their bag of lies.The sales staff will promise you all sort of gifts if you will buy into their bag of lies and some of them will turn out to be worthless...( like for example a 7-day cruise voucher)
A very close friend of mine did purchase a timeshare with one of the salesmen while on a trip to Pigeon Forge recently and was offered a 7-day Carnival cruise vacation as an incentive to purchase that day. she has a very good memory and even recalls the blue page that was in the sales kit that was shown to her. When she asked customer service about it later, she was advised it was only a 4-day cruise. she made many calls to the customer service in an attempt to fix the issue and after a couple of months, she did receive her 7-day voucher..
Now having said all that, she attempted to book a cruise and was asked to pay an up-grade charge of just over $1200.00 to book the cruise. it turns out that the voucher is only good for a very select cabin with bunk beds and is not available except during the winter months. She did her research and found that she could book the same cruise for less money and get a nicer cabin.
Grand Crowne Resort has been building in Pigeon Forge at a snail pace and it will be years before any room are going to be available for anyone to use.
Forget calling customer service with a problem, they will not help and refuse to allow you to speak with the person that seems to respond to all reviews...
My suggestion to you is if you still are determined to set through the high pressure sales pitch is to at least use your camera to document anything that is shown to you in this sales pitch. If you are going to buy into their time share vacation, at the very least do some research first. This is a nasty horrible company with no customer service help at all...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank phil e
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are sorry you felt the need to post a negative review of our resort in Pigeon Forge. Our construction in Pigeon Forge is ongoing in accordance with our current development plans. Our latest cabin features 3 one bedroom condos and 3 two bedroom condos. Regarding your "friend" that you claim is an owner with us, we would be happy to speak to them about any issues they may or may not have. Vacation ownership is a good choice for many families, but from what I can tell you aren't owners at any of our resorts and this type of vacationing may not appeal to you and your family. We wish you the best of luck on your future vacations.
Centerville, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family (3 generations of ladies) went to visit Pigeon Forge in May 2012. During our trip, we were offered some free entertainment coupons for listening to a presentation. Tim Williams had the challenge of dealing with myself, plus 5 other crazy ladies. Nothing but laughter came out of our presentation room. After asking a million and one questions, I asked a question that I DID NOT expect to receive a positive response. I asked, "If we buy today, could we stay in a cabin for the rest of our time in TN?" Our presenter said, "Yes, I don't see that being a problem." After signing, our lives away- he gave us the keys and we spent the rest of our trip in the cabin. That was the highlight of our life. Either Tim was being very generous or we really worked him down! Either way, my family was so delighted and couldn't believe this company would grant us that wish. Yes, the property isn't all the way completed. I do hope they finish developing really soon, so we can really show off our cabin to other friends and family soon. However, with the fact (according to management) we can utilize the Pigeon Forge Community Center for free- helps make us feel like we are not totally missing out. We just booked out next vacation for May 2013! (I would have given this property an "Excellent" but it does need to get the amenities up and running first! lol)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicole N
Amy H, Manager at The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this positive review. We are happy you and your friends and family enjoyed the cabin and look forward to your future stays with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection

Been to The Lodges at The Great Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!