All reviews old mill full size washer and dryer patriot park master bedroom stainless appliances nice granite kitchen island sectional sofa the beautiful pool area kids loved the pool and slide lot of road noise great condo laundry room plenty of closet space hardwood floors dirty clothes a regular hotel room
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We all loved this place. Everything in the condo was new and extremely clean.
Not one bad thing to say about it.
We would definately stay here again.
We had no problems while there the staff was very friendly on check in.
We had a 2 bedroom and 2 bath and had plenty of room for our family which consisted of
Myself and husband, daughter and husband and 2 little girls 4 years and 8 months.
The 4 yr. old loved the pool they also had a nice slide which she was afraid to go on.
From the balcony you can see the Old Mill area, and walk there if you wanted.
It was close to everything.
These condos have been open since last Sept.

Date of stay: June 2009
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The Cherokee Lodge is located in a great location and offers A+ accomodations. The rooms were wonderful and clean. The pool was great! Our children enjoyed the pool with lazy river.The staff were friendly and professional. Our family will stay here again!!

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed at The Cherokee Lodge as part of a Dollywood Package Deal. Upon checking in and being greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk, we were awed by the beauty and quality of these accomodations. The buidling seems brand new, the pool has a fun water slide and a little lazy river which was fun for the kids. The best part though are the immaculate condos which are prfessionally decorated with top of the line furnishings. The kids had their own room with a flat screen tv and bathroom and we had ours with a balcony with a mountain view. It is nice to have a full size washer and dryer while on vacation as well. It only took us 3 minutes to get to Dollywood and less than a minute to get to the strip. A perfect location. We are Disney Vacation Club members and these accomodations are on the same caliber as the on site Disney Condos. Just beautiful and perfect.

Reviewed July 18, 2009

Yes, the rooms are very nice and well decorated, but we will leave it at that. Upon arriving for our anniversary at 3:30, check-in is at 3 pm mind you, staff allowed us to check-in when the room was not even cleaned. We took the elevator to our condo and the door was open with a garbage can sitting outside. We approached the management staff about the room not being ready to stay in. They did send whom I assume is their head maid right away but the young lady spoke very little english and said you can come on in and I will be done in a minute. She proceeded to the fridge, cleaned out a sour cream container and other food, ran what appeared to be a swiffer at the front door, and said I think they are done and shut the door. They were far from done! Food crumbs were all up and down the hall with garbage and paper towels in the closets. We stopped looking at the condo right there and went back to the front desk. This is where the experience got really bad. The manager said they would get the room cleaned but advised it was not ready to check-in yet but it will be....THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THE KEYS TO THE CONDO??!! She then said to give her a break, "It's July and we had 40 rooms to clean today"...WHAT?? Mind everyone the words, "I am sorry" or "I apologize" have not escaped the managers mouth one time. We were then told "I don't know what you want me to do, you can sit by our pool while we finish cleaning but I am not going to promise you that it will be done within a half hour"....this was probably the straw that broke the camels back....what do we want you to do???... Have the room cleaned by check-in time, have a little apathy, heck apologize!

We did get our money back and found another condo in the Pigeon Forge area that is twice as nice as the Cherokee Lodge and is located off the parkway with a balcony overlooking the Little Pigeon River....ahh very peaceful and romantic.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Parker129
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Positive: The room has a great plan with updated furnishings. The pictures on the cherokee lodge website look just like the room, which was very comfortable and accommodating to singles and families.

Negative: At check-in the front desk staff person was not very friendly. She seemed to just want us to check in and get out of the office (even though it was not busy). I asked 2 questions (where the exercise room was and where our unit ws located) and she seemed very bothered that I was taking time away from her day. We then went to our room and the cleaning person was still in there. This was not too big of a problem, although we finally got in our room at 3:30). Once I got into our room I discovered a half-eaten oreo cookie lying in a kithchen drawer. The next morning when I went to make coffee I discovered leftover coffee in the coffee maker and all of our mugs in the cupboards had lipstick on them from the previous tennant. I called the front desk and asked if they had additional mugs, explaining the lipstick situation and the clerk said no, and was not apologetic at all.

If the service would have been better I would have recommended this place. However, the rude front desk staff brought the scores down. Also, the unit we were in (the first level) faced the road and our bedroom was extremely loud from the traffic. The amenities are limited (as advertised) and include a small pool, an exercise room (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill), and high-speed internet. The lack of amenities did not bother me because I was not planning on utilizing them much. Again, what did bother me was the service staff and small parking lot (spaces were difficult to find at night).

3  Thank TripKMichigan