All reviewsold millfull size washer and dryerpatriot parkmaster bedroomstainless appliancesnice granitekitchen islandsectional sofathe beautiful pool areakids loved the pool and slidelaundry roomgreat condolot of road noisehardwood floorsplenty of closet spacedirty clotheswalking distance
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week with our 4 & 7 year old. The rooms are very nicely furnished and overall we were pleased with our decision to stay here.

Check in was easy and room was ready when we arrived. We had one very small maintenance issue with the closure on the shower door. I reported it to the office as we headed out for the day and it was fixed by the time we came back later that afternoon, just as promised by front desk staff!! The room looked in person just as good maybe even nicer than the pictures on the website!! Very Nice rooms!!! Loved having laundry room rather than washer/dryer stacked in a closet.

The location has its positives and negatives. It is a great location in general in the sense that you are off the parkway but can access it quickly but you can also use the road on the other side of resort to go around the parkway if you like!! All of the rooms have a balcony either over the pool or facing the road. The road is busy and there is a lot of traffic noise especially in the morning. It seemed like an okay trade off for us because of its location in relation to the things we wanted to do.

The pool is nice, a bit smaller than I expected. It can become somewhat chaotic around the waterside, especially when parents don't remind their children to give other kids time to get to bottom of slide before the take their turn. I think it needs a stop/go light at the top like some of the other places we have stayed at that have water slides.

Overall, the resort was just what we expected based on the website info and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Spuls
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Condo was beautiful. Very spacious rooms with a full kitchen which we used everyday for breakfast and lunch. Price was good. Nice pool area. Kids enjoyed the pool. Nice family place. Also off the beaten path of the main drag of Pigeon Forge. Not as noisy. I would stay there again. Perfect for families.

Room Tip: Kitchen and washer/dryer options.
1  Thank Redalert35
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ok, where do I start. First off, the condos in this building are amazing. Check in was a breeze and our condo (501) was available 90 minutes prior to 3PM check in on a busy Saturday.

As for the condos, they have nice rustic Pergo floors cover the entire kitchen, dining area and living room. Furniture is modern and comfortable. Nice granite counter tops in the kitchen with stainless appliances and a glass cooktop stove. Full sized washer and dryer in laundry room. Huge master bedroom with jet tub in the room and sepate master bath with large walk in shower. Great water pressure in the showers in both bathrooms was a huge plus. Huge flat screen TV in living room with DVD player, and flat screen TV's in both bedrooms had DVD players built in as well.

The pool area here is really nice as well. With 2 kids aged 8 and 10, the big slide was a huge hit. Water temp in the pool was perfect. Even the adults seem to enjoy the slide. I know I did!

Alright, now I couldn't give this place 5 stars for a reason. Here goes my "negatives" list:

1. Traffic noise - there is a lot of traffic noise off the master bedroom. Around 8:30 - 9:00 every night there is a big rush of cars coming back to the strip from Dollywood area, and for whatever reason, even with a top corner unit (room 501) you can still hear the traffic.

2. Second bedroom issues - first off this bed is NOT a Queen sized bed. It is a double. Why this property calls it a queen is beyond me. Also, the windo is right next to the active balcony and there is a bright light outside that is hard to tune out at night, even with the blinds drawn. Now, we got lucky having the top corner unit (501) but I can't imagine what it's like to have an inside unit near the elevator. Your second bedroom would literally be right next to a busy elevator. I would have flipped had we have gotten a room there. So, beware of condos ending in the number 03. One of your bedrooms will be next to an elevator.

3. Air conditioning - The air conditioning is fairly quiet in the whole condo, but made a lot of air rushing noise in the second bedroom when it kicked on in the middle of the night.

4. Pool/Slide rules - The pool area is about as lawless as any pool area I've ever seen. There were kids literally going down the slide on each others laps and back to back with their arms intertwined. This is a serious accident waiting to happen having a big slide like this and not having anyone to police it. I can't tell you how many close calls I saw where kids almost flew off and hit other kids in the head because nobody was following the rules of the pool or slide. And how hard is it for parents to call their kids aside and tell them to act like they have a brain? Way too many kids running around the pool with parents staying up in their condos. I guess they figure since they can check them from time to time from their balconies that this is okay. Ity was a little disturbing to see this all week.

Anyway, I don't mean to make this place sound too negative, because it's really a nice place to stay. I was just slightly disappointed in the noise and the lack of rules at the pool.

Room Tip: Condo 501 is one of the better units to avoid anyone walking by your second bedroom and also to avoid having a neighbor above you. We are glad we picked this unit. We didn't hear anything other than traffic noise all week.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and two kids stayed there for a long weekend after the 4th. My kids (age 2 and 3) loved the pool, it was great. Smooth check in, clean spacious rooms, whats not to like? I saw prior complaints about noise, I am a super light sleeper and never had an issue. In fact when they turned on the jets for the waterslide every am it woke me up, but no other noise outside of our room. Location close to dollywood and splash park make this an ideal choice.

Room Tip: no spa or room service, but wouldn't let me leave it blank.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I arrived July 4th, 2012 and stayed until the 7th. This was our first time staying at Cherokee Lodge, but certainly will not be our last. There was more than ample room in the condo, and it was very clean and beautifully decorated. The view of the mountains was fabulous, and the staff was great. My kids loved the pool and waterslide. We stayed in a three bedroom unit, and although there was a lot of traffic noise from the master bedroom it was well worth the trade-off for the location. You can't go to Pigeon Forge and not expect a lot of traffic and noise. If you are looking for peace and serenity get a cabin in the woods, but if you are looking for the cleanest condo with the best location stay at Cherokee Lodge.

2  Thank Tracy W