All reviews old mill full size washer and dryer patriot park master bedroom stainless appliances nice granite kitchen island sectional sofa the beautiful pool area kids loved the pool and slide laundry room great condo lot of road noise hardwood floors plenty of closet space dirty clothes walking distance
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ok, where do I start. First off, the condos in this building are amazing. Check in was a breeze and our condo (501) was available 90 minutes prior to 3PM check in on a busy Saturday.

As for the condos, they have nice rustic Pergo floors cover the entire kitchen, dining area and living room. Furniture is modern and comfortable. Nice granite counter tops in the kitchen with stainless appliances and a glass cooktop stove. Full sized washer and dryer in laundry room. Huge master bedroom with jet tub in the room and sepate master bath with large walk in shower. Great water pressure in the showers in both bathrooms was a huge plus. Huge flat screen TV in living room with DVD player, and flat screen TV's in both bedrooms had DVD players built in as well.

The pool area here is really nice as well. With 2 kids aged 8 and 10, the big slide was a huge hit. Water temp in the pool was perfect. Even the adults seem to enjoy the slide. I know I did!

Alright, now I couldn't give this place 5 stars for a reason. Here goes my "negatives" list:

1. Traffic noise - there is a lot of traffic noise off the master bedroom. Around 8:30 - 9:00 every night there is a big rush of cars coming back to the strip from Dollywood area, and for whatever reason, even with a top corner unit (room 501) you can still hear the traffic.

2. Second bedroom issues - first off this bed is NOT a Queen sized bed. It is a double. Why this property calls it a queen is beyond me. Also, the windo is right next to the active balcony and there is a bright light outside that is hard to tune out at night, even with the blinds drawn. Now, we got lucky having the top corner unit (501) but I can't imagine what it's like to have an inside unit near the elevator. Your second bedroom would literally be right next to a busy elevator. I would have flipped had we have gotten a room there. So, beware of condos ending in the number 03. One of your bedrooms will be next to an elevator.

3. Air conditioning - The air conditioning is fairly quiet in the whole condo, but made a lot of air rushing noise in the second bedroom when it kicked on in the middle of the night.

4. Pool/Slide rules - The pool area is about as lawless as any pool area I've ever seen. There were kids literally going down the slide on each others laps and back to back with their arms intertwined. This is a serious accident waiting to happen having a big slide like this and not having anyone to police it. I can't tell you how many close calls I saw where kids almost flew off and hit other kids in the head because nobody was following the rules of the pool or slide. And how hard is it for parents to call their kids aside and tell them to act like they have a brain? Way too many kids running around the pool with parents staying up in their condos. I guess they figure since they can check them from time to time from their balconies that this is okay. Ity was a little disturbing to see this all week.

Anyway, I don't mean to make this place sound too negative, because it's really a nice place to stay. I was just slightly disappointed in the noise and the lack of rules at the pool.

Room Tip: Condo 501 is one of the better units to avoid anyone walking by your second bedroom and also to avoid having a neighbor above you. We are glad we picked this unit. We didn't hear anything other than traffic noise all week.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and two kids stayed there for a long weekend after the 4th. My kids (age 2 and 3) loved the pool, it was great. Smooth check in, clean spacious rooms, whats not to like? I saw prior complaints about noise, I am a super light sleeper and never had an issue. In fact when they turned on the jets for the waterslide every am it woke me up, but no other noise outside of our room. Location close to dollywood and splash park make this an ideal choice.

Room Tip: no spa or room service, but wouldn't let me leave it blank.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I arrived July 4th, 2012 and stayed until the 7th. This was our first time staying at Cherokee Lodge, but certainly will not be our last. There was more than ample room in the condo, and it was very clean and beautifully decorated. The view of the mountains was fabulous, and the staff was great. My kids loved the pool and waterslide. We stayed in a three bedroom unit, and although there was a lot of traffic noise from the master bedroom it was well worth the trade-off for the location. You can't go to Pigeon Forge and not expect a lot of traffic and noise. If you are looking for peace and serenity get a cabin in the woods, but if you are looking for the cleanest condo with the best location stay at Cherokee Lodge.

2  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived on July 4th and had a great time. Check in was a breeze- maybe 2 minutes. We stayed in room 506. I had booked room 508 but the hotel called to let me know they were moving us to accommodate all for the holiday. I appreciate that they called to let us know, and moving two doors down was no big deal. The people at the desk were very pleasant and happy to answer questions. The room looked exactly as pictured on the web site. It was perfect for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). For those the complained about the cleanliness of the room, ours was great. The only thing would be that there were a few stains on the carpet- but it is a rental so what can you expect. The place is stocked with everything you could need which is nice if you are eating in the room. Please keep in mind that this isn't a hotel so there is not daily maid service. They had left everything we would need for our stay.

The best part was that we were able to watch the fireworks right from the balcony of our room. No dealing with crowds and had a great view. This hotel is on a road that is parallel to the Parkway so it's not on as busy of a road. You can also take this road to get many places without having to get on the Parkway, which was nice when traffic was bad. We were able to zip all the way down to the Inn at Christmas Place in no time. You can also walk to the Old Mill area which has shopping and restaurants.

We also had a great time at the pool. I liked that there were no stairs in the pool, it was the walk in style. So my 2 year old could enjoy the shallow end and my oldest could ride the waterside, which she LOVED! It was busy but there were always fresh towels stocked and people were pleasant and courteous in the pool area.

The only negative I would say is that there is noise from the road- the balcony is not a relaxing place when the cars are flying by. However, it did not interfere with our sleeping. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise you might want to pick the 5th floor and not be right over the pool area. The web site has a layout of the rooms.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this condo for 5 nights, in Pigeon Forge. The stay was a gift from my mother in law. The people working there were very nice. The condo was nice, and somewhat, clean. The noise from the road (traffic) was bothersome. Then the folks above us must of had kids, who liked to run and run. and run. Last time we stayed at Bear Crossings, and that place was quiet, they must have thicker walls. I would maybe recommend the Cherokee Lodge Condos, if you are planning a trip, off season!!!

Room Tip: I don't really know if they have any quiter rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple