“"We will be back!"”

Cherokee Lodge Condos
McMinnville, Tennessee
“"We will be back!"”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I arrived July 4th, 2012 and stayed until the 7th. This was our first time staying at Cherokee Lodge, but certainly will not be our last. There was more than ample room in the condo, and it was very clean and beautifully decorated. The view of the mountains was fabulous, and the staff was great. My kids loved the pool and waterslide. We stayed in a three bedroom unit, and although there was a lot of traffic noise from the master bedroom it was well worth the trade-off for the location. You can't go to Pigeon Forge and not expect a lot of traffic and noise. If you are looking for peace and serenity get a cabin in the woods, but if you are looking for the cleanest condo with the best location stay at Cherokee Lodge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy W

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived on July 4th and had a great time. Check in was a breeze- maybe 2 minutes. We stayed in room 506. I had booked room 508 but the hotel called to let me know they were moving us to accommodate all for the holiday. I appreciate that they called to let us know, and moving two doors down was no big deal. The people at the desk were very pleasant and happy to answer questions. The room looked exactly as pictured on the web site. It was perfect for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). For those the complained about the cleanliness of the room, ours was great. The only thing would be that there were a few stains on the carpet- but it is a rental so what can you expect. The place is stocked with everything you could need which is nice if you are eating in the room. Please keep in mind that this isn't a hotel so there is not daily maid service. They had left everything we would need for our stay.

The best part was that we were able to watch the fireworks right from the balcony of our room. No dealing with crowds and had a great view. This hotel is on a road that is parallel to the Parkway so it's not on as busy of a road. You can also take this road to get many places without having to get on the Parkway, which was nice when traffic was bad. We were able to zip all the way down to the Inn at Christmas Place in no time. You can also walk to the Old Mill area which has shopping and restaurants.

We also had a great time at the pool. I liked that there were no stairs in the pool, it was the walk in style. So my 2 year old could enjoy the shallow end and my oldest could ride the waterside, which she LOVED! It was busy but there were always fresh towels stocked and people were pleasant and courteous in the pool area.

The only negative I would say is that there is noise from the road- the balcony is not a relaxing place when the cars are flying by. However, it did not interfere with our sleeping. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise you might want to pick the 5th floor and not be right over the pool...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
camden, ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this condo for 5 nights, in Pigeon Forge. The stay was a gift from my mother in law. The people working there were very nice. The condo was nice, and somewhat, clean. The noise from the road (traffic) was bothersome. Then the folks above us must of had kids, who liked to run and run. and run. Last time we stayed at Bear Crossings, and that place was quiet, they must have thicker walls. I would maybe recommend the Cherokee Lodge Condos, if you are planning a trip, off season!!!

Room Tip: I don't really know if they have any quiter rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryez
Sneedville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter and her family stayed in the winter. I, was a short stay, Just one night. we are going to book again this summer. The grandkids want to swim in outside pool. It looked like fun.Location was great and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was my first trip to Pigeon Forge with my family. We arrived Friday, June 22nd. I have 2 small children ages 2 and 4. First of all, the check in time is 3pm, and they did not have our room ready until 4pm. We had been on the road since 9am, and my children were exhausted. We were offered another room, but our kids wanted to see the pool from our room so we had to wait until 4pm to get in. Then the elevator was not working. My kids enjoyed the pool but we had to constantly watch the other children there because they have no life guards, and no one supervising the waterslide or the poolside period. As my 4 yr old WHO CANNOT SWIM was going down the waterslide, there were other older children sliding down on top of him as we were standing at the bottom waiting to catch him. He would go down alone and then kids would come flying down on top of him. We dealt with this issue on both days of our trip. Our first night trying to sleep, there was a group of adults down at the pool area (which closed at 10pm) around 10:30 that decided to have a drinking party, along with yelling and extremely loud talking. This carried on well into the morning. When you call the front desk, there is no one there to help you and they have no messages on a machine telling you who you should call if or when you have a problem. Do I really want to call the police just to get some sleep while I am on vacation? Really!!!! That was the response I got when I complained to the front desk the next day, or they had emergency numbers posted on the front door. Do you really think I am going to walk down to the front door when you won't answer the phone after midnight, REALLY!!!!! Give me a Break!!!!! Talking to the front desk staff is like talking to a bunch of idiots. They really could have cared less that my family had a problem, that this was our first visit, and made no offer to amend the situation. For a place as nice as that, I was in shock. They made it out to be my fault since they had offered me a different room when we got there, and tried to say that if I had taken that other room then nothing would have happened. As a matter of fact, I stopped some complete strangers who were staying in a room away from the pool, and they had problems, too. I guess I was the only one brave enough to complain. They are showing no accountability or responsibility for managing their property and making sure that guests follow the rules they have posted. I have never stayed anywhere where you did not have to follow the hotel or resort rules, or you would be asked to leave or be banned from the pool. I have nothing good to say about Cherokee Lodge except thank goodness I am gone. I will never go back and would never recommend anyone to stay there. If you have a problem, then they will surely not help you or stand behind a motto of "great customer service and hospitality." You would be better off calling the police if you have a problem. Good luck staying there if you are willing to take the risk.

Room Tip: don't bother being particular on a room here, you won't sleep no matter what room you get.
6 Thank family5251
Madison, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I just spent two nights in this spacious, clean condo. The location was great and central to lots of Pigeon Forge activities. The rooms were newly furnished and stylish. Everything was so clean!!! We truly enjoyed our stay!!

1 Thank jhazelwood
Blacksburg, South Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2012

we spent 4 nights here and loved it. staff was very friendly, and had a sense of humor, which we like alot. rooms were great, clean and spacious. views of mountains were great, Old Mill and Mill Village is walking distance, if you like to get out and walk. must have been well insulated because not alot of noise, which was great. we really enjoyed our stay here and hated to leave. we will definately keep this in our must stay book.

Room Tip: we were on 4th floor and loved the views. less noise