Smoky Mountain Lodging
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Laurel Crest(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Bentwood Ridge Resort(Pigeon Forge)
Chaletels(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Rocky Top Condos(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Park Grove Inn(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
All reviewsendless lovebig bearsmoky mountainnice cabinhighly recommend this cabinback porchwears valleymountainssmlprivacyloftretreatpropertiessmokiesattractionstn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2010

After looking at many cabins online, my husband and I decided to stay at A Walk in the Woods because of the pictures and the price. The price was good but the online pictures had to be very old. There was rust all in the whirlpool tub, rust in the extra bathroom, both in the tub and the sink. We had 2 children with us and we wouldn't even let them take a bath in that tub. The carpet in the master bedroom was absolutely filthy. I would not even walk barefooted on it. Hot tub on the back porch was ok but ceiling fan light was just about to fall out of the beam it was attached to. There were holes in the screened in back porch that could cut someone. I am sure that's how the baby owl got onto the back porch. We didn't mind him though, that was actually the highlight of staying here. The pool table didn't have much room so when we would try to play, our stick would hit one of the 3 walls. There is no view at this cabin and it is not private. There is no cell phone reception and no internet. The book of comments on the coffee table didn't have much good to say either. The last comments in the book were from a couple that had to do alot of maintenance to the cabin just to stay in it. Wish I had known all of this before I booked this cabin. We have been to the mountains many times and have done all the entertainment offered. We wanted this trip to be about relaxing and hanging around at the cabin. When it looked the way it did and was so nasty, we did everything we could to stay away. I personally would not recommend this cabin to anyone. On a positive note, the ladies at the front desk at Black Bear Lodging are nice and did let us fax something.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank marmar0326
BlackBearLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Smoky Mountain Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2010

To whom it may concern,
We would like to take this time to greatly apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay at Black Bear Lodging, LLC. Indicated by our records the rental agency was not contacted by the guest during their stay. The guest of Black Bear Lodging are provided with a 24-hour answering service for their convenience. If a problem is reported by the guest, it will be handled in the easiest and most convenient manner possible for the guest. Many times dissatisfaction of this nature with a unit will result in the option for the guest to choose another unit of their choice within the same price range. The internet issue at the cabin is beyond our control, each unit is individually owned and internet access is a decision made by each individual owner. This particular unit is not advertised as having internet access on our website. Some of the lodging accomodations we offer do not include the beautiful views overlooking the mountains, each of them that offer this are advertised as including a mountain view; according to the website it is not advertied as having a mountain view. Again I would like to greatly appoligize, and encourage you to choose Black Bear Lodging again for your lodging accmomdations in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Remember your are visiting the Great Smoky Mountrains, many times due to the different elevations cellular service will recieve poor service, if any at all.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

The cabin was beautiful.We loved it till bedtime. the upstairs bed was great. the main floor bed was ok. the downstairs bed was bad. The biggest problem was the sleeper sofas and the roleaway bed.The sofa in the front room was unsleepable. the mattress rolled to the middle and you could feel the springs anywhere on it. The sofa in the basement had huge waves on it .My daughter sit on it and her bottom almost hit the floor.It was unsleepable. the spring on the roleaway bed went to the floor. My grandson took the mattress off and put it in the floor and got a cushion off a chair and put on it in order to sleep. This cabin said sleeps 10 there was 3 beds that were sleepable.2 not very good.That was enough for 6 people to sleep. The rest of our family had to fold quilts to place under mattresses to try to have a place to sleep.I slept on the sofa on the ground lever and had to put 4 folded quilts under the mattress and that still wasnt any good. the 2nd night I took the mattress off of a futon and put on the sofa that helped a little. It was the worst sleeping I have ever seen. I cant really descibe it. Also the internet ad said paved road, well it wasnt paved all the way. Our cabin was called valley view. the view in front of our cabin was a bank as tall as our cabin.I would not advice anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bobbifay

To whom it may concern,
I would like to take this time to grealty apologize for you inconvenience. According to our records the agency was not contacted regarding your complaints during your stay, without notification we have no way to solve the problem. Each of our units are individually owned. Each cabin is thoroughly inspected upon arrival of the guest, although other than the visible appearence of the bedding equiptment in the unit we have no way to determine the sleeping quality. Therefore notification of this matter would have been very helpful during the first night of your stay, and we would have been glad to move you to another unit and contact the owner of this unit for replacement of the equiptment. The unit does include a mountain view as advertised in the pictures on our website. The advertisment doesn't include a view from the front door of the unit, the views in the pictures are clearly from the back decks of the unit. Again I would like to apologize for your inconvenience and encourage you to choose Black Bear Lodging for your lodging accommodations, during your next stay in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were traveling to the Smoky Mountains for vacation with another couple. After looking at several hotel options, we started looking at cabins. That search brought us to Black Bear Lodging. Their website was easy to navigate and to find a cabin to fit our needs. The rental agents were very helpful throughout the process.
Driving to our cabin we passed several nice cabins along the way with steep driveways. Since we were pulling a trailer with two road bikes we were a bit concerned about what our driveway would be like. Upon reaching our driveway we found a very steep driveway to our cabin. If we didn't have the trailer, it would have been no sweat, but the trailer certainly made it far more interesting. The rental office told us if there was any issue, we could leave our trailer at the rental office. However, we were able to climb the drive and park the trailer without issue.
Our cabin was named Big Bear Point and it had a great view of the Smoky Mountains from the front porch. The condition of the cabin was excellent and it was nicely furnished. Relaxing in the hot tub, which was located on the front porch, was a great way to end a day site seeing.
We plan on returning to the Pigeon Forge area in the future and will again make use of either this cabin, or another in the same area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank 08VulcanRider

To whom it may concern,
I would like to greatly thank you for your wonderful review! We look forward to assisting you with your accommodations on your next visit to the Great Smoky Mountains.

Anytime you are pulling a trailer please let us know and we will greatly assist you in the proper accommodation choice, best suitable for your convenience!

Reviewed June 11, 2009

My partner and I stayed in Horsin Around the first part of May. We are on a budget and needed to find a get away for a long weekend. I looked at several different cabin rental companies and decided to go with Black Bear Lodging because of the specials and lower rates. We were impressed with the curtesy at check-in and the helpfulness of the staff. The cabin was like it stated on the website. The cabin was very clean and comfortable for a weekend get away.

The only problem we had was not being able to get to the back porch. They had just finished repainting and hung a horse shoe the wrong direction. We called the office and maintenance was there in a very short time to fix the issue. We had carpenter bees out the back porch eave, but that should be expeceted when you are in the middle of the mountains. They never bothered us.

The cabin is not totally private as we share a drive with another one. But the porches and deck are private. We were the only ones there at the top that weekend and had a very pleasant time. We are planning a family vacation in August and plan to rent from Black Bear Lodging at that time as well.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janddh

Reviewed June 9, 2009

On June 7th 2009 my husband and I checked into black bear lodging.Our cabin was BearFootin. It seemed to be just like it described. But as soon as I got to the cabin I wasnt impressed. Just to let you know this was my honeymoon. The first night there was ok but it didnt look nothing like the pictures and on the internet it said it had an excellent view of the mountains and that it was private. No such luck everywhere you looked there was someone there. All you could see was woods. No mountain views. If you have a car that wont climb hills dont go to this cabin. It also doesnt tell you that it is a drop off right when you pull into the driveway. So watch where you go. The next day 6-8-09 was our last night there we had went to the dixie stampede which was great. When we got back we realized the air conditioner was out.Well we immeditly called the number to the help line. Well we were told that the man was on his way. He never showed up. We kept calling trying to get someone out there but the lady kept saying he would be there.She also said to leave the doors open to let the air come thru well that caused all kinds of bugs which meant either way we were out of luck because of the fact that if we did get the air fixed there would be bugs everywhere.. Im anemic and cant get hot or I will pass out. Well four hours later he never showed and my husband said lets just leave. Also the shower didnt have any pressure at all. So if you want a nice vacation dont go to black bear lodging.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeffswife79

To whom it may concern,
I would like to greatly appologize for the issues you experienced during your stay at Bearfootin'. According to your review this situation was not handeled in the proper and most convenient manner for the you as a guest of Black Bear Lodging, LLC. I would like to appologize once again, and encourage you to give Black Bear Lodging, LLC another chance to provide you with quality lodging in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.